I just hate momentum

the whole thing is a mess… between having to felrush all the time and getting into trouble plus the whole essence break combo…

not like devs care for DH so just here to express it.

19 Likes

The alternative is a very small dps loss. Not like you’re pushing mythic or 20s. Just play whats fun.

4 Likes

Glaive Tempest build is barely a dps loss overall and is much easier to play. If you don’t like momentum build its a better alternative.

1 Like

Glaive Tempest is a big DPS loss in M+.

2 Likes

Have logs ?

currently in st patchwerk sims, no mover is 3k behind mover (momentum) (87k to 90k). you can sim this in dungeonslice to see the difference for aoecleave

1 Like

How big of an actual loss? Will it cause 20 keys to not time?

no, yo ucan time 20 keys naked

It’s complete trash. Everyone hates it.

It is anything but small.

No-mover uses Fel Rush rotationally in sims due to IP. No-mover MOVES, almost as much as a Momentum build. (The only difference is it doesn’t VR)

This all really depends on what you’re talking about…if you’re talking about compared to Soul Rend build on fort weeks yes it does less damage. On tyrannical weeks Glaive Tempest is your best bet…

sim vs reality is dif, momentum build vs others are huge dps difference in M+ as i understand the sims are based on what you have in CDs doesn’t order the attacks properly to use the synergy, example doesn’t do eyebeam, turn the character back to do vengeful retrieve and essence break at the same time and blades/chaos strikes… just sims all on whatever the program can find that is not on CD and just use that…
can also do essence break and then eyebeam… and so on, that’s why i think the sims doesn’t look like a big difference, but i been in instances were i haver better gear with no momentum build vs another DH in the party and is really a HUGE dps difference.

Am I the only one who likes momentum gameplay? It adds complexity to the class by making you have to be hyper aware of your surroundings while being super mobile, although I definitely have backflipped into a few holes though.

5 Likes

your not the only one. alot of forum andies dislike momentum for really dumb reasons. very few people have actual valid complaints. like laur, he plays at a level where he can reasonably point out issues with momentum. not because he doesnt have fel rush keybinded like 80% of these people

1 Like

For the rewards it’s currently giving? Probably, yes.

It feels horribly unrewarding for the risks the talent takes to play.

is good for people that migt like all that, but is a class with one spec! and forcing that only class/spec to play momentum with no other alternative is bad… and now nerfing eyebeam even worst =(

2 Likes

That’s my main issue with momentum. It needs to be more rewarding for the risk and the tediousness.

The eyebeam “nerf” leads to other abilities used during the time otherwise spent channeling it. Last I checked the dh discord didn’t say whether or not the change was overall loss or not.

Just play the no mover build, its not too much lower than momentum.

Or just git gud :rofl: