I just dont get it

It extends the content, that’s about it. It keeps players grinding.

5 Likes

Marksman. Without azerite traits the spec would legit do nothing.

2 Likes

People hated WoD.

People hated WoD.

Welcome to Vanilla WoW.

People hated WoD AND Homogenous classes.

1 Like

Pretty much everything but DH

2 Likes

These reasons aren’t why WoD was hated.

8 Likes

Ralph contradicts ralph

7 Likes

Yes, it was.

The whole flying debacle was between entitled children. That doesn’t count.

No, it really wasn’t.

Agreed. The flight “issue” was a non-issue.

4 Likes

Yea, it was. Not everyone is ‘Raid or Die’. WoD was horrible on many, many fronts. Chief among them was the pruning, only receiving a talent tier, and the typical ‘my class is ruined’ shpiel. All of that led to Legion.

And that’s the reason WoD was hated. Because it was either raid, or do PvP. There was nothing else to do. For PvP players, WoD was great! But for those PvE players who couldn’t do anything outside of the raid? It sucked.

Sure, the pruning wasnt good, but that is not why people hated WoD.

My WoD schedule was:
Log on
Join guild group
Raid 3 hours
Log off
Repeat 3x a week.

1 Like

People hated the lack of content in WoD, but for the most part, liked classes.
Classes were fine in WoD and I still wonder why they bothered to revamp them in Legion.

2 Likes

Bloat is a myth and pruning was a garbage idea. Hence why one of the main selling points is giving us abilities back that we shouldn’t have had removed ever - hence why nobody should be grateful.

10 Likes

Because they figured out that if you just kept adding permanent abilities, it wouldn’t be very long until your playerbase was whining incessantly about them being pruned away. I assume they feel that the incessant whining about this is the better alternative, because at least it leaves them with some place to go for the next expansion.

People need to stop thinking of Covenants as extra systems and think of them as what they actually are: part of your class for this expansion.

Could’ve fooled me back in the day in General Discussion. It seemed like a hotter topic than Trashran.

What changed Ralph?!?!?!

2 Likes

You’re only fooling yourself. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

So you must not of been around then. Ok.

It’s either borrowed power or an inevitable pruning :man_shrugging: You can’t keep adding stuff to the game endlessly so borrowed power systems lets them add stuff and then throw it away.

1 Like

It’s a clever way of finding out what works and grandfathering some of it over into the next expansion as Talents or a permanent ability.

Those who PvP’d didn’t. Also, WoD was good while leveling and still had good class design - but it was phoned in for Legion.

What I find is a lot of people loved Legion, but a lot of terrible systems came from Legion.

This is unrelated. MoP had amazing class design and not much borrowed power.

What? There’s more variety in specs in vanilla than there is in live.

Pity that’s basically what we have still.

5 Likes