I hope we are not forced to go TBC when it comes

I would be excited to play TBC (again) but would not want the TBC experience to wipe the Classic experience we are now in. I recommend that they allow us to “clone” our Classic character onto a “TBC” server leaving the Classic toon and universe intact.

Given that any BC and/or WotLK Server is entirely speculative at this point and likely at least 2+ years off, this seems like a weird (and unlikely) reason to play classic.

Not really. They’re vastly more likely if Classic is successful than if it’s not.

That’s not my reason for playing it, but it’s not as bizarre as you suggest.

120 retail player, talking about the IF of TBC.

ok, muted

I think BC is all but certain and WotLK somewhat less likely but still very likely. But the idea that a person would level up characters in classic to be ready for those is still strange.

Yup, the original devs had a good idea. Just new xpacs, while holding true to classics design philosophy. Just leave some classic servers that stay that way.

That’d be perfect, long as each character has a one-time copy flag attached, to prevent copy spam building up easy gold.

Not everyone wants to display their classic character.

I know that I’m waiting for tbc and eventually, wotlk, granted this stays successful. That isn’t why I’m playing classic, because I enjoy classic almost as much, but I am definitely looking forward to tbc. I’d be a little upset if they didn’t continue down the path of re-release.

1 Like

Agreed, it has to be limited to avoid people exploiting it.

no argue for post naxxramas content while remaining level 60. grim batol, hyjal barrow den, emerald dream, uldum, etc. continue classic like it should have been in the first place. stop saying you will play TBC and WOTLK. then we are right back where we started at terrible expansions that no one wanted because we wanted classic. god you guys are so dumb lol.

1 Like

LMAO it is you Classic+ folks who are the dumb ones. TBC/Wrath were immensely popular and it wasn’t until Cata that retail took a nosedive in sub counts. These are irrefutable FACTS. Classic+ is an abomination and does NOT deserve to see the light of day, considering the fact that you guys are asking for RETAIL FEATURES to be added to this mish-mash of other theoretical level 60 content without flying. TBC/Wrath is GUARANTEED to make Blizzard a crapton more money just like Classic is…YOUR ideas will NOT

Blizzard is all about $$$ and they know what is profitable regarding these choices. They know that the vast majority of the player base doesn’t like the current devs…nor does anyone trust them to make the content you guys are asking for. The writing is on the wall…TBC/Wrath are on the horizon whether you want them or not…so suck it up cupcake

2 Likes

I agree I didnt post on my Classic character either and I started the thread.

I’d rather be forced into TBC than this “Classic+” garbage people won’t shutup about. Though I’d prefer neither of them.

1 Like

I’m fine with new servers for TBC or WotLK down the line, but rolling on them or transferring to them should be completely optional for Classic players. My interest is in Classic-only servers because I can play all of the TBC and WotLK content any time I want on Retail (and do so regularly).

Seriously, at this point.

People think the devs are going to print out a piece of paper and present it at the next board meeting, “This guy doesn’t want anything past classic. That’s it boys, pack your stuff. We’re done here.”

They fail to realize that it’s likely splitting the game into retail, classic, classic+, tbc, etc will take too much manpower and not enough interest.

They already said they will be listening so I think things will get heard. Not to the DUMB extent that you are trying to minimize it into though.

I’m not trying to minimize it into anything, but I heavily disagree with classic+ because it’s extremely self-centered and players are only listing their personal demands. They fail to realize Blizzard will do what will make them the most money with the least amount of resources: splitting teams up into 4 separate areas for 4 platforms for… what, exactly?

I would bet either they create new Vanilla only realms for the purists to transfer to, or create Progressive realms for those wanting to progress to the next content phase to transfer to.

I really like that idea, just let us vote on it