Khira fixed the bug. Nothing to see here

No, but the very first reply in this thread did just that.

I initially thought it was a bad joke, but the author spent a day doubling down on it.

Umm logs were never accurate. It’s like 15 to 25% accuracy.

Anyone that believes it’s above that has been dropped as a baby.

Reasons

1. Ppl log only what is good for them
  2. Only a few log and if you’re out of their range. Data is off
  3. Ppl log false data.
  4. Ppl log stacked data if they don’t know how to make false data.

If it’s not that off and everyone in raid logs. Then it only shows little bit of the picture. Most TPS on Paladin not tracked.

All logs is to brag or help recruit. Even then you have either false or messed with. The ppl that go out of their way to do so is at least average +.

They my have some mental issues but they are above average player.

Also, forgot to say.
It allows ppl to see you. Meaning they can take your build, itemization, and rotation. Then broadcast it on a viewing site to get $$ at your expense. Brand it as their own. Most streamers are worthless and take others ideas.

Simple math shows that the second round of curses went out not long before the boss died, and since whoever was logging the info clipped all the trash out, any decurses during that time would not be shown at all because the LOGGER clipped them.

Also the log shows you decursing pets. So your math is off too.

…what?

Given 40 people can raid, all it takes is one log to accurately capture the entire raid. The combat log function for external parsing and reporting doesn’t have the same range restrictions as our visible combat log. Faking logs is cute and all but you’re going to have to show how that actually works instead of just conspiratorially stating it.

Seriously… show us on the doll where the mean log touched you…

Again look at what I said.

It’s not accurate at all but whatever.

I am sad you were dropped.

If you don’t know how. Don’t worry about it still works in recruiting.

Above average players.

Of course mental issues but meh.

Looks pretty accurate to me:

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZF1dqKhrwX6kL2WC#fight=1&type=damage-done

What is with Mages that just check out for long periods of time?

Hi, Warcraft Logs Admin here.

You have in fact found a bug. Congratulations! :slight_smile:

The issue is with the Mind Control occurring on players before they take any actions in the fight. Mind Control is tricky to deal with because if the logger gets mind controlled, all of the disposition bits flip, i.e., the players start looking like enemies in the log.

In all the retail fights that have had Mind Control on WCL, the Mind Control didn’t happen until long after the player’s hostility had been accurately determined, but Lucifron is different, with Mind Controls possibly happening very close to the start of the fight.

In this case if you switch your view to Enemies, you’ll see that WCL (incorrectly) categorized you as an enemy. I’ll have to do more research to figure out a workaround, since mind controls happening on large raid where players may not have taken actions yet is new territory.

Anyway, sorry you ran into this bug, but it’s not a general issue, it’s specific to the Mind Control that occurs on this fight only.

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply, this is an interesting thing that I’m sure many of us were unaware was happening.

So had the log been running prior to the boss, IE on the trash, would this still have occurred?

Yes, since fight participants (friendlies and enemies) are calculated per fight.

1 Like

Gotcha. So minimal raid actions combined with early onset mind control can potentially flag folks incorrectly because the game swaps Friendly/Hostile flags during the effect, if the logger is the one MC’d.

Now I need to look at other bosses that use MC effects and how quickly they fire. I’m 90% sure Hakkar’s happens after a good bit of time, but I don’t remember anything about Skeram’s timing.

It’s actually really easy for me to fix, since the participant code predates the addition of COMBATANT_INFO to the logs. I’ll just make sure COMBATANT_INFO adds you in as a friendly player participant, and that should fix the bug.

1 Like

I looked myself once was curious and nothing was right.

Well you have a WCL admin who literally just amended some code to deal with the oddity of Friendly/Hostile flags… rather than be vague and dismissive, ask.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter stuff that’s wrong I pay no mind I look at as meh.

Cannot sell me on it. It’s worthless in my eyes.

That’s just silly. Like arguing a thermometer is horrid, inaccurate, and pointless because you can just feel the temperature and that’s all anyone needs.

/giggle

2 Likes

Thermo is slightly inaccurate. Logs is far worse.

As well gives a means to take ppls information. Either your are the person taking it, made the addon/site, or the person having information taken from you. It’s whatever

Just like calendar is inaccurate as well.

By very little logs is by far the worst.

Okay now I feel like I’m talking to some paranoid recluse… that information doesn’t belong to you. That info is Blizzard’s and they give anyone the ability to begin logging combat and create a text file of every event that occurs.

There is no BigWoWLog lobby out there supporting BigRaiding to put anyone down.

This is just… phew. I thought the OP Mage was uniquely weird about logging but you’re on an entirely new level.

2 Likes

It’s any easy solution. Especially when you consider it’s plate wearers who die to it. I wouldn’t scoff at the idea of doing more than the bare minimum.

I’m not sure how you are mistaken, given that I just gave you the link to the data as well as an explanation of the context I was on and that those logs are erroneous due to something, and speculated what that something might could possibly be with the highest degree of confidence that I can.

This usually happens when I am trying to be helpful in an area where a lot of folks have very strong opinions, and very stubborn minds. It seems like you have already “made up your mind” about logs being inaccurate and you want confirmation bias.

But I will spell it out for you, as well as anyone who happens upon this writing to demonstrate how accurate the logs are.

First, I found the issue. I’m assuming since Zampp (the person that was logging) was under Mind Control for so long, the logs registered you as an “Enemy” See: https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/afWzR7X3n21Q9LwH#boss=-3&difficulty=0&start=0&end=814443&view=events&type=summary&hostility=1&source=10

Now, let’s begin.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/afWzR7X3n21Q9LwH#boss=-3&difficulty=0&start=0&end=814443&view=events&type=dispels

The timestamps that are important are the ones I have scrutinized (start and end in the url query parameters). I dragged in a bit of where the parsed logs identified a “Magmadar Normal Kill” encounter just to be safe. But for the sake of clarity, only up until 00:00:46.198 is relevent under Lucifron Normal Kill (0:46)

Impending Doom was dispelled 55 times. (Ctrl+F search for Impending Doom)
Dominate Mind was dispelled 10 times.
Lucifron's Curse was dispelled 39 times.

Onto the Casts tab:
Remove Lesser Curse was cast 40 times. (Mage)
Remove Curse was cast once. (Druid)
Cleanse was casted 42 times. (Paladin)
Dispel Magic was casted 26 times. (Priest)

At 00:00:08.541 the raid is afflicted by Impending Doom. Impending Doom lands 38 times. 35 are of those targets are players.

So what gives?

1 - 00:00:08.236 Lucifron Impending Doom Tippe Resist
Tippe resisted. Lucky bastard.
2 - Zampp is MC’d. His Dominate Mind wasn’t dispelled before Impending Doom casted. He was a “friendly” target to Lucifron at that time, so Luci treated him like a pal and skipped him.
3 - Deathjam was out of range. If anyone was afk, it was him.
4 - Lildeeps is in AV or something. That’s definitely not how you get MC purps.
5 - Tellar is also afk doing god knows what. He comes running in when the Hunter in your video streaming pans his camera towards his left.

So there you have 5 players missing the debuff, out of a 40 man raid. But the debuff lands 38 times.

Well, something actually interesting happens that really shows how precise logs are. Take a look at your video again. Wait until Himars comes into the view. He’s the hunter eating the savory deviate snacks lookin like a ninja. He runs in at the precise moment to be in range when Impending Doom lands. The interesting part is he tells his Owl to dash at the same time, but the Owl is literally a whisker out of range.

The other 3 targets that are afflicted are pets. Those would be Zhaanam (Isummon), Beastmode (Dapington), and Wolf (Thase).

The next Impending Doom happens at 00:00:31.642. This time everyone except Lildeeps is afflicted. He’s missing. 43 targets are afflicted. 39 players and 4 pets. Spot on.

38 + 43 = 81 total Impending Dooms.
20 were unfortunately, not dispelled in time. 20 targets felt the Doom. (search “Impending Doom” in tab Damage Taken).

*Edit: Forgot to add the pets that did not get dispelled in time
https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/afWzR7X3n21Q9LwH#boss=-3&difficulty=0&start=0&end=814443&view=events&type=damage-taken&ability=19702&options=0

6 pets also felt the doom. Zhaanam x2, Beastmode x2, Wolf x2

26 Impending dooms reached full duration and dealt damage.

81 - 26 = 55 -> That means 55 were either:
All dispelled.
Target died before debuff completed duration.

The totals:
55 were dispelled. 42 by the pink ranger pally class. 11 by priests. And 2… by a felhunter warlock pet lol.

This checks out exactly.

Out of 42 Cleanse casts, 42 debuffs were removed.

Out of 26 Dispel Magic casts, 25 buffs/debuffs were dispelled. (Yay batching)

So that leaves Lucifron’s Curse.

40 casts of Remove Lesser Curse occurred by the mages
1 cast of Remove Curse by the druid.

Total - 41 decurses.

Out of 41 decurses cast, 39 actually did what they were suppose to.
https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/afWzR7X3n21Q9LwH#boss=-3&difficulty=0&start=0&end=814443&view=events&type=dispels

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/afWzR7X3n21Q9LwH#boss=-3&difficulty=0&start=0&end=814443&view=events&type=dispels&hostility=1

It just so happens that 39 curses landed on the raid at 00:00:17.060
https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/afWzR7X3n21Q9LwH#boss=-3&difficulty=0&start=0&end=814443&view=events&type=summary&eventstart=15342

The 38th of these curses was dispelled by you at 00:00:33.260 on Wolf. Total gamer move, dispelling a pet. I respect that. However, you and the rest of the raid forgot about ole Zhaanam, the Felhunter. He kept his curse until the very end. Was it ever dispelled? We may never know, because as I stated before, the logs are incomplete. Legend has it the poor feller is still cursed. Thoughts and prayers.

The 39th decurse occurred a fraction of a second before the fight ended which you can see in the Hunter’s stream is at 00:00:46.198 on the logs on Tellar the warrior clearly visible in the vod you posted.

So no. You do not have video evidence that warcraft logs is not trustworthy. Once again, you have video evidence of an erroneous log that was the result of an incomplete, fragmented data set.

1 Like

I hope all your effort wasn’t in vain. Damn good write-up.

Rofl.