I have to agree...this game is no longer for the casual player

Comparing the dps rotation of a boss fight in a raid doesnt do justice to the beauty of WoW classes in the earlier version of the game.

The game never used to be designed around a raid encounter.

8 Likes

I’m not sure why these topics seem to assume a new player has never played a video game in their life before.

1 Like

lol are you actually bashing someone about 2’s? That’s like me making fun of you that you can’t clear normal on your Shaman, Warrior, or tank DK.

9 Likes

Well, I can say APM is a little higher than I would like currently but class complexity isn’t really a problem right now I would say most are kind of…shallow as they’ve had so many things ripped out or even given things they didn’t used to have which have made them easier, like healing for rogue that doesn’t consume combo points or cost gold.

Really it’s the mechanics that people go up against in PVE that are what makes the game more difficult, to the point that it feels like playing dance dance revolution in some areas.

3 Likes

Not even my fully buffed and trinketed glacial spike could chill that burn.

13 Likes

Yeah, boss mechanics have become insanely complicated in the higher difficulties.

4 Likes

Dragonflight should have casual players very excited if Blizz doesn’t botch it.

What they announced so far is an attempt to return to form, which I appreciate.

1 Like

Is it just me or do all these casual threads assume anyone who plays less than 400 hrs a week cant do anything more complicated than preschool math and have the motor skills of a rock?

16 Likes

I’d have to agree with the mechanics but to even get to do bosses or dungeons, etc in PVE, you have to get rotations down.

My question then is: would a brand new player have an easier time jumping into content with an efficient rotation that only takes about 5 actions…or 19. And remember…if they mess up in the rotation, their ‘efficiency (dps)’ suffers.

A new player absolutely can play their class to their full potential damage-wise from the start. Compared to other games, performing a dps rotation well is significantly easier than playing well in…really pick the game.

The “difficult” part about WoW is the sheer amount of knowledge about every encounter that is required to fully maximize your characters potential. The actual rotation is simple and guides give you the optimal rotation. In most cases you can prune these rotations significantly such that you can be brain dead and still do most of your potential damage.

It’s not even a burn. No one cares about twos. Even then the guy commenting is a boosted duelist who bought it on both his warrior and shaman.

5 Likes

I couldn’t care less what a new player wants. If they are looking for a game with even easier rotations then we have now then I’d rather they go play another game. This game is dumbed down enough. I don’t want my gameplay to suffer because someone else, especially a new player, isn’t capable.

2 Likes

lol thinking a slick comment about 2’s is a burn. loool

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply. This is probably the same mentality WoW developers have.

2 Likes

You’re welcome and I hope so.

I don’t know if combat design on its own is a problem, but I do think that maybe the devs need to decide on high mobility emphasis OR complex rotations, not both. The two colliding is not pleasant.

6 Likes

48% doesnt even sound that bad.

3% away from a steady&slow climb :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s this black and white.

There are a lot difficulty levels and playing a spec super optimally isn’t needed for many (most?) of them.

And the full guide on icy-veins is overly specific to cover everything. It’s basically use your cooldowns, maintain your dots, and use direct damage in the mean time.

I mean using PI, void form, and Mind Bender is 3 discreet items in the guide, but I can’t imagine people would view that as super complicated.

Class rotations are even easier now then back the.

In Wrath and Cata I mained a rogue. As a sin rogue my rotation required me to keep up

SnD
Rupture
Garrote through resets.
Recuperate (in Cata)
Expose armor (if no warrior in raid)

Now.

You throw snd up once
Rupture
Garrote
And you dump extras into envenom.

In PvP I had 96 binds on rogue in wrath/Cata

Now I might have 20-25

At the beginning of shadowlands you had to maintain SnD on sin. The outcry alone for cttc to be traded was Astronomical.

2 Likes

Dude is just salty I checked him on checkpvp and found his very obvious duelist boosts.

He’s the only one that brings up my twos win rate when my mage is my pvp toon lol

1 Like