I have the Sha, Nalak and Hulon mounts now everyone gets them… GOOD

It’s cool honestly. I’m happy the people who want these bad enough to farm the currency will have access finally.

It already lost its true rarity the moment Blizz made it a 1% drop. Adding it to a vendor for a small time frame for an event feels fun for the people with bad luck. Hope to see Shas everywhere.

1 Like

The world boss mounts lost their value a year ago when Dracthyr were being handed them for free. And then when Blizzard had to increase the drop rate to make it fair for everyone else. Putting them on a vendor is just crossing a T and dotting an I.

2 Likes

i was expecting a crying post, guess i was wrong… nice post my man

I apologize for misunderstanding, though your still wrong. I’m certain remix took far more time and effort than scaling up a few already existing models, setting a spawn point and time, giving them a couple abilities, and attaching a loot able to them.

Remix includes several things we’ve never seen in WoW before now. World bosses, on the other hand, have been a thing since vanilla, and they’re nothing more than glorified mobs with higher ilvl loot and an extra ability or two.

Am I though? Great that they have recolored a number of mounts, that’s easy to do and IMO is a better solution than handing out the existing rare mounts (which sadly they are also doing).

My point however is that they are reusing all the assets from Pandaria. This isn’t a new zone, it’s a rehashed one that was designed years ago. The only “new” things we will be seeing generally fall around some added code and a handful of database changes to the zone. The quests, the storyline, and the preponderance of assets are all a decade old.

Remix is, by normal patch standards, a low effort distraction while we await the next xpac.

That’s fair, and I use the Sha mount on one character. I also use Hulon on one character, and I do realize now when I mount them in groups noone will know if I got lucky back then or just bought it during time running.

There’s a bit of that feeling but overwhelmingly I’m glad other people can ride them because some are really cool.

Also my hunter has Hulon and Nalak as pets they can’t take that away

Brings back memories of the MOP days when 30 or 40 people would be waiting for Oondasta to spawn only to have a hunter tame him before he could be killed. Hunters were not well thought of on those days I can tell you.

1 Like

Because those mounts that you farmed are now nothing but vendor mounts… im not even gonna bother with mop even cuz i like getting rare mounts, and vendor mounts are not rare

I also have these mounts and like to see alternate ways of getting them.

Tbf they’re not as rare as they once were after the drop chance change at the start of Dragonflight. For anyone not familiar, for the first day of DF, Evokers had nothing on the loot tables for the MoP WBs so they pretty much always dropped the mounts. This got fixed but Blizzard changed the drop chance from 1 in 2000+ to the more “normal” ~1%.

So they’re already easy to farm and have been for 1.5 years. Letting people buy them for a large amount of Bronze really doesn’t change anything other than giving people options.

I got one “the old fashioned way” , Galeon when he was .05%. I got the others a couple years ago when they moved them to 2%. But you are right… its just a check mark on something I could easily “farm” 12 times a day. Nobody should be hurting that other people can buy them soon.

3 Likes

I was not that hunter, for real. I actually got a lot of my rare mounts and hunter pets by using a second trial account and a chromie time character. I don’t think I had any competition for any of them which is why I can’t feel that any “hard work,” was taken away.

1 Like

The visual assets are reused but the system is something entirely different from what we’ve seen before. And again the assets for the original world bosses and most of the rewards weren’t unique beyond their coloration. In fact there are faaaarrr more new and/or previously unavailable cosmetic rewards than we’ve ever seen in a minor patch.

Speaking of minor patches, comparing it to major patch content expectations isn’t valid. In fact when compared to the content droughts of the past it represents significantly more content regardless of how “low effort” you think it is.

You’re entitled to your opinion, I hope you will allow me mine. All the real work in Remix falls along some simple code changes. The rest is reused assets. Better than nothing of course.

2 Likes

Here’s the logic: You expend a large amount of time and effort to get something that is rare. You’re enjoying not just the appearance but the rarity, when you appreciate it.

I do not go and get something for rarity or prestige. I get things I like the look of. Sometimes they coincide, like the Swift Zulian Panther, or Rajani Warserpent.

However, I respect those who do enjoy through prestige and I think it’s not entirely fair to them. (This is even though my most beloved rare Pandaria mount - Rajani Warserpent - is NOT available this way, and one prestige mount I want, that I was unable to obtain - Nalak - is.)

1 Like

Fair enough.

Source? I didnt see it on the page just now.

I have a hunter who uses the Nalak mount and a Nalak pet, probably should switch her to BM so she can have two Nalak pets. Pretty cool. I have no issue with it being reasonable to get them.

The thing about mounts is that a collector’s stash of mounts is so large that most new mounts are nothing more than a +1 added to their total. Hardly anybody uses that new mount.

You couldn’t tame Oondasta back in MoP.

Tame Giant Armored Dinosaurs Oondasta and Horridon in Rise of Azshara - Wowhead News

2 Likes