I have no reason to raid anymore

Good.

I.E, more options for everyone. Raid or Die goes the way of the dodo.

19 Likes

Hey, it is what it is. Heroic isn’t what it used to be. Mythic is the endgame now. If this discourages you from Heroic Raiding, it should motivate you to do Mythic, as it is still the hardest and most rewarding play style in the game. Still don’t want to raid for all the reasons mentioned? fine. My point is, at that point is not the game’s fault honestly. The game is simply giving you more options. I find this at least an attempt to solve the RNG drag that many go through, and actually be able to finish that M-Jaina before 8.2.

3 Likes

Don’t worry. They won’t. Chances are they won’t be maximizing their traits, enchantments, gems, etc. You’ll still do more DPS in the same level of gear.

7 Likes

I know. Except that there’s now nothing I enjoy about raiding. Hell, there’s not even a reason to run the LFR for Crucible since the ilevel is only 375 and the appearances are the same as in BoD.

Nor will it give them the best azerite rings etc. etc. etc.

3 Likes

Just wait till 8.2 drops and the Nazjatar trash and rares drop loot better than Uldir and Battle for Dazar’Alor Heroic.

Makes me not want to raid anymore as well.

4 Likes

Stop worrying about what other people are doing. Do you.

You sound like you are taking this all personally. Stop it.

Also stop concentrating on ilvl so much.

13 Likes

Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not. Each new raid tier has always dropped better gear.

3 Likes

It’s one thing if it’s a new raid that drops better loot, it’s a whole other thing if world mobs drop better loot than raid loot.

Imagine in Classic or TBC if some random mob in Eastern Plaguelands or Hellfire Peninsula dropped better loot than Temple of Ahn’Qiraj or Black Temple.

9 Likes

My point was that ilevel was the last remaining reason to raid, as someone who only raids normal. Now that’s been removed, so now I have no reason to raid and I am lamenting that now the largest portion of end-game focus is now of no interest to me.

“Do you” is what I am doing, which I guess is letting my sub lapse.

2 Likes

The gear is only slightly better and can’t even be farmed.

you could always raid because you enjoy your guildmates banter and not for flex

4 Likes

wait what? Are they really raising ilvl rewards on WQs? Why?
I haven’t raided at all this expac (not even lfr) and I guess I still won’t.

EDIT: wait… 385… I need to look up the normal/heroic gear for Dazar’alor. I don’t remember if it is 400 or not lol
hmm… 385, you’d have to jump right into heroic. Aint that a bit awkward progression wise? :confused:

4 Likes

The problem is the massive ilvl creep. It’s like blizzard doesn’t even try anymore. They just go off the rails and do a “we’ll just squish it when the expansion ends”. That is a bad system and it makes previous expansions feel gross and when this expansion ends and the entire 110-120 is reduced to like a 10 ilvl gap it will feel nasty too.

The ilvl ranges are insane. They need to stop doing that. I’m casual in that I don’t raid (only LFR and the ilvl is LESS than what I go in with so only for transmogs), no m+, and rarely dungeons. Sometimes I do dungeons but frankly I don’t like the BFA ones so…

Is it nice for blizz to throw gear at me for nothing? Convenient, but pretty meh. Ultimately I find none of the gear in BFA to be compelling: most of it is ugly, boring, the same pieces over and over, or too much rng.

9 Likes

As a former normal only player: you have the option to go up to another difficulty. Stop blaming Blizzard because you don’t want to.

I never once when raiding gave a danged abour what other players where doing/wearing. Just because the “casuals” can get geared via whatever WQ’s they do, doesn’t mean a danged thing.

Seriously who cares if they raid or not? Not mine or anyone elses business.

Quit acting like it’s a personal insult.

8 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, in fact I haven’t even WQ’ed lately because it all seems pointless and not fun. Getting spoon fed the same progression over and over and over just isn’t… fun.

1 Like

This argument holds 0 value.

Right now its mythic+ or die.

Literally the same problem.

6 Likes

I just condensed it into Raid or Die even though technically it’s Hard Content or Die.

1 Like

What I am trying to say is this is more of a personal issue.

1 Like

The gear inflation just seems like such a poor choice to me- by making basically any dungeon/raid content pre the current patch obsolete, they are practically wasting those resources they spent.

All the dev time put into Uldir? Pointless now. Come 8.3, if not this update, BoD? Pointless. Why is Blizz against having all gear you get through an expansion have a purpose? It feels like neither the players, nor the developers benefit from the constant gear inflation.

2 Likes