I have no reason to raid anymore

With the LFR version of Crucible of Storms opening, Blizzard’s raising the ilevel of all loot from world quests and emissaries

World Quest rewards will go up to ilvl 370 (from 360)
Emissary equipment will go up to ilvl 395 (from 385)
Emissary Azerite Armor will go up to ilvl 400 (from 385)

The world quests isn’t that bad, but honestly, having Emissary pieces drop Heroic BoD level gear? At this point I really don’t see the point.

I raid normal, and I’m happy with that. During Legion I had even joined a few heroic groups. It was fun getting some stronger gear and getting some awesome transmogs.

Now, what’s the point? I recently leveled a Demon Hunter and in a couple of weeks, it’s just as geared as my Warrior I’d been playing from launch. (Again, I’m not a heroic/mythic raider, so take that what you will) But I’m honestly just struggling to have any interest at all in raiding.

I can get just as good gear from emissaries, warfronts and world pvp quests. Why bother raiding? There’s no reasont o even try and push myself into heroic raiding because I can get that from doing 4 dailies without the stress or effort. There’s nothing there to motivate me.

I could at least justify myself by going after cool transmogs, but the raid drops aren’t particularly exciting. Honestly, it’s downright disappointing with the promises of amazing art since they aren’t limited to class sets. Instead everything feels bland, and the preview of the 8.2 raid sets looks just as bad as the Uldir sets. And from a completion point of view, because there’s only a single set it takes only a third of the time to get them. At least that would give me a reason to raid on both my paladin and warrior. But nope.

I dunno.

79 Likes

Yeah I am not sure why they are doing this. I don’t see the line of thought here at all.

Many decisions, even if I disagree with how they are implemented, I can at least see the line of thinking that lead to it. Not saying I agree with the thinking.

But invalidating heroic raiding/m+ 10 rewards for solo play seems stupid.

65 Likes

In fairness, I think I have gotten an upgrade from emissary quests like … twice this whole expansion. There is a reason people are complaining about RNG.

11 Likes

But if the issue is RNG, the RNG isn’t changing.

4 Likes

I’d raid if I found a good guild to raid with. The group of people is what makes raiding fun. Not the gear.

80 Likes

i guess its just m+ now :woman_shrugging: :wine_glass:

3 Likes

Agreed. But its nice to have something to show for your efforts that at least has some level of prestige.

If ilvl was bumped up when the next raid tier launched then id be ok with that, but emmisarries rewarding loot equivalent to the current raids heroic mode is too much.

21 Likes

Other people’s loot shouldn’t affect yours…
Raid for accomplishment, achievements, AoTC, mounts, etc. Gear has always and will always become obsolete.

I don’t understand why people get upset with others getting gear. If anything, this means more people will be at least gear competent (not necessarily skill) for Heroics and Mythics and such making a bigger pool from which you can choose to play with.

57 Likes

but this will help RNG screwed people. So it’s a win-win

1 Like

Yeah it is shame they got rid of tier sets. Though Achievements and Mount Drops show off your accomplishments.

ilevel isn’t an accomplishment.

8 Likes

But they are still subject to RNG? Trivial Solo Play should never regularly offer heroic tier gear.

14 Likes

I like the upgrades. There are believe it or not players who just do dailies and rares. Its nice to feel strong in the world. Not having to raid is just a bonus for you :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I haven’t said a thing about other people, I’m talking exclusively about myself.

It is super easy for me to get gear without raiding. I have no motivation to raid for gear because I can get heroic-raid level gear very easily from multiple places.

15 Likes

and if that is the only reason you raided, that is totally acceptable. I just said there are plenty other reasons to raid.

9 Likes

I have no issue with you feeling strong in the world.

Just that a solo player doing trivial content should not feel as strong as a heroic raider. Or a m+ person doing 10s.

22 Likes

I don’t see it as a bonus. That’s like being told "Hey, you don’t need to work today, just sit in that corner, send four emails and we’ll bring you your work check.

It gets boring. I’m all for giving people who do world quests and the like gear upgrades, but heroic raid gear? For dailies? It’s just too generous.

And I’ve listed my other reasons to raid and how they’ve been dissolved.

11 Likes

So are they upgrading mythic dungeons again or they sticking to 370?

They seem to be untouched.

Quit raiding for gear. Raid because you enjoy it.

How that’s supposed to work.

25 Likes

There really is little reason beyond story, challenge and friends at this point. Everything else that made raiding special has been somewhat stripped away. No iconic sets, no game changing bonuses, high level gear is raining down outside of the raids. I can see why the casual player might see absolutely no reason to bother with raiding.

10 Likes