I have made a solemn vow to level to 60 entirely without dungeons

Everyone so concerned about name reservations and queue times and server names. Planning out the most efficient method of LVL 60.

And here I am making my character on Blaumeaux and will explore the open world with all sound turned to max. I’m going to experience the levelling process in its purest form and I genuinely pity those who sacrifice this experience to grind dungeons over and over to rush the minimal end game.

I do not care about server names. I dont care if I have famous people or not on my realm. I’m gonna do my own thing and see where the road leads me.

24 Likes

Good for you. :+1:

1 Like

Why pity those that rush to 60? That’s their means of enjoyment, and chances are they’ve been on private servers and already enjoyed the ‘experience’.

2 Likes

I mean, I hear you, but without dungeons entirely? That’s missing so much of the game, not to mention getting to interact with people you may want to play with later (or avoid, looking at you Hunters rolling need on Emberstone Staff).

3 Likes

Hows he going to lvl 30-40 without spamming Scarlet Monastery?!?!

2 Likes

This. I run them all once for the quests. It’s my favorite part of leveling.

6 Likes

If that’s the case, and you haven’t decided which faction yet, I would suggest Alliance. The early quests zones are totally fantastic. Loch Modan, Westfall, Red Ridge, Darkshire, Wetlands, Darkshore …just wonderful zones with great ambience and character.

2 Likes

And I would suggest Horde for the same reason. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t really see how spamming dungeons is “efficient” especially if you aren’t rested, unless the zones you’re questing in are overrun with gankers.

I do it for fun not as a way to speed level, its actually quite slow.

3 Likes

I honestly must disagree. Thousand Needles and the Tauren starting area are great, but I just don’t feel that the other zones capture anything unique that isn’t done better on the Alliance. My opinion of course. After reaching level 30 or so, it no longer matters. For what it’s worth, though, I’ll be leveling Horde regardless.

I want to try and level 3 characters on a rested xp rotation.

1 Like

I think when you factor in travel time it becomes fairly efficient. When you factor in how crowded outdoor areas might be at launch it pushes dungeons ahead if they aren’t already.

im curious what brought htis thought upon thee

Interesting idea, although I think it’s very inefficient. Good luck!

Grind from 15-60 in dungeons, just to grind more dungeons at 60 to get 60 gear. Yep I am 100% doing the same thing I might do 1 dungeon pre 60, but 95% of my time will be in the open world. ill do the dungeon grind at 59 and half or 60. there is a few rogue items I want from WC, im not gonna spam/grind that dungeon in hopes for it, I will do it once.

I agree with you on just about everything, it’s why I am always compelled to play Alliance (that, and Paladins). This go around I plan to level a Tauren Shaman alt just for a change of pace when I need to, Mulgore is such a comfy zone.

This is my plan as well. Get all the quests for any dungeons in my area and do them once I’ve finished the zone. Lots of people will be doing dungeons, so it shouldn’t be hard to find groups.

Dungeons are really fun, I plan on going out of my way to do most of them.

1 Like

I usually do at least one run of every dungeon while leveling, if for nothing else than that I prefer grouping with other players and making friends. Also, if you can somehow get every available quest for an instance, it is a significant bonus towards your experience gained. Not to mention many dungeons have items that I would consider absolutely essential for someone leveling. For example, as a Priest, getting the Gravestone Scepter (wand) from a Blackfathom Deeps quest is a must. That wand is so beefy at that level range and can be used for quite some time!

I plan to as well, except for that one dungeon I wouldn’t touch with a 10-foot Gnome-beatstick.

Sunken Temple? Nah, I plan to do that.

Full Blackrock Depths? Love it!

Gnomeregan? Eff that noise!

1 Like