I have just confirmed with A GM that trading Retail Gold for Classic is allowed

I don’t believe this for a second. Enjoy your ban when it comes.

2 Likes

The funniest part of all this is GMs are poorly trained and their word isn’t concrete. Another GM may well ban you.

And now the entire forum has reported you.

2 Likes

IMO This is a brilliant find I never considered.

On Classic, make the sell for a token.
On Classic, do the trade for the agreed amount.
Swap to Retail, where the buyer can make a level 1 character, and give them the token.

It does require that trust though as mentioned. Also, I thought tokens could only be sold through the AH. So you may have to just give them gold to buy one.

If true, Blizzard screwed the pooch on this one. They may as well just sell tokens themselves on classic. There’s no reason not to if players can do it.

1 Like

This is absolutely correct. You cant just trade a WoW token to someone else. It has to be put on the AH for the set price. Unless he is just giving them Retail gold so they can buy the token off the AH. Whats the current rate for a WoW token in retail?

2 Likes

I have just talked to another GM. They have confirmed it that its ok.

This makes sense since both games are linked to the same subscription.

the key is to do it in installments you are willing to lose.

I don’t believe you for one second.

Or in other words, pics or GTFO

5 Likes

You know a few months ago I was silenced from the forum just for TALKING about gold trading. Now it’s all ok?

2 Likes

I mean… I wouldn’t have even asked a GM. It’s not against the rules to trade gold and it’s not against the rules to sell a token.

Just seems like a blind spot Blizzard missed by setting up the same sub model they did for Classic. I’d rather have this gap than them do something different though.

1 Like

What conversion rate of retail to Classic gold are you using?

Id post pictures if i knew how. I did post the pictures on reddit though Classicwow sub
im trying to bring attention to this while profiting

It doesn’t though. There is a fixed amount of gold on each Classic server (not fixed really because more can be farmed), this is just moving that gold around. It’s not creating gold or anything.

Yes, it might encourage people to grind for gold in order to do some sort of convoluted trade it to retail to get blizzard cash to convert to real dollars. However, I don’t see that as viable considering losses at each stage. There are lots of better ways to make money, even the farmers have pretty much given up on farming gold on retail.

Now, there are gold farmers and sellers in Classic but trading Classic fold for Retail gold really isn’t something they are doing, it’s much easier for them to sell Classic gold for real-world money. Blizzard does need to do what they can against that.

So here’s what I got out of that. Your spending x amount of go,d in retail to buy a wow token. You then take that wow token and trade it to another player in retail. That player then logs over to his character in classic and gives u x amount of gold. Seems like a lot of work. Also seems like it wouldn’t work in most instances. I’d imagine people might pay max of 200 gold in classic for this but the majority of players have a hard time just managing repair bills, leveling professions, and getting that epic mount. Also how much does it cost for a wow token in retail anyways. Isn’t it like 100k gold or some nonsense. How much money you got laying around in retail that this would actually work on a fluid basis?

Current price, as of a day or two ago, was 175K gold.

1 Like

This topic has been brought up many times in the past, it was almost answered in an AMA. Question #8

The answer wasn’t really definitive so make of it what you will.

GMs have also been wrong before, mabye you should ask another GM.
Just to be sure.

2 Likes

I’d like to see you exchange a WoW token through the trade window…

4 Likes

Glad you brought this up:

When a player buys a WoW Token from the Auction House for gold, they receive an actual WoW Token item, which becomes [Soulbound], and must kept in the player’s bags. WoW Tokens cannot be stored in any form of [bank].

3 Likes

To anyone who wants to see a GM Telling me it was ok

/a/znTcEIf

imgur link

Im allowed to give people my gold for classic gold