I have been hacked

Someone got a hold of my account. there is no 2 step verification. I have sent multiple tickets. It is the account im on, idk how im able to post on it because the guy changed the email and everything… Please help. GA7ORNA7ION#1496 was the original TAG. U can see the IP is here, my name and everything. I would just need a code sent to the original email and you will see that was my account… please

Please remove your email. It’s not something you want to leave out for anyone to see.

7 Likes

Step one create a new bnet account reference the hacked account then folow these steps and remove ur email.
Also create a new email solely for wow.
ALSO GET A AUTHENTICATOR

8 Likes

I have another account I use for wow already, ill try this

The forums are not a means to put in a compromise ticket. You are going to have to wait on your actual ticket to be handled.

Putting your account email out publicly is half your login info. That is VERY bad to do.

Further, if your account is compromised they are likely in that email too. While you are waiting on your Compromise ticket, you need to figure out how you were compromised, make sure your computer is clean, and secure all your accounts - including email accounts.

You will want to make a new email account that has secondary authentication on it to use for Battlenet when you get your account back. Gmail offers that. Do NOT use that email for anything else, or give it to anyone but Blizzard. Do NOT post it.

6 Likes

Email was deleted already.

1 Like

Did u go to any sites that u were told to go to in a whisper other wise ud be banned or account closed.

Nope i didnt … just ssome bored dude who makes a living screwing people prolly all that happened

Takes alot more then that to get a account hacked.

4 Likes

Your first step, prior to logging on to any other accounts or resetting any passwords would be to scan your computer for any malicious software to make sure it’s secure. Then, follow the steps to creating a ticket to recover your account.

4 Likes

I made this account from way back when WoW first came out. I have an account name. Different from the battletag system. Do they still let your name your WoW account or is it put in as WoW Account by default now? If they still do let you name your account account…(different from btags) then go to the account recovery. Tell Blizzard your account name, not the btag which can be changed. Then give your billing info. Your billing info and the account holder name match, then you have a near 100% chance of getting it back. Account Holder name should be your real life name or the name that you go by legally. And then your account name, not account holder name but your account name if they still let you name them, that info should be given too.

So pretty much account holder name and billing info names matching and knowing what you named your original account. Give all that right there and you should be set.

And…change emails, passwords, might even look into changing your toon names so that you are not targeted again, look for anyone on your friends list who’s name you have never seen before. Blizz is not legally allowed to add your battletag friends back as that requires their consent to be your friend, you may need to add friends back again if some are missing.

1 Like

Hopefully the names match if they dont it makes things harder.

1 Like

If they don’t then you and I both know what that means. And yes, that would make things A LOT harder. Blizz used to ask for WoW CD keys back in the day to recover your account. Two decade later? I highly doubt ANYONE who began playing back in 04 still has theirs. So they seem to no longer ask for CD keys, but that is another way to get a WoW account back.

OK, we’ll need a ticket to process this further - but here is what I asked to be done.

The email was changed back to the original and a new PW sent to that address. We also removed the authenticator that the compromiser added. This has been banned until things can get sorted.

You should be able to access that account to put in a ticket now. Once this gets resolved, you’ll also want to add your own authenticator. If that email isn’t secure - or you’ve set a fresh one up for use, include that in your ticket. If it’s a fresh email, it cannot be currently in use on any other Battlenet account, they have to be unique.

10 Likes

thank you. I have the email and changed the password. I cant log into the account because its banned. I have a ticket in from my other account that I sent about 10 hours ago.

2 Likes

No, they don’t – new WoW accounts default to “WoW(X)”, where (X) changes depending on how many WoW accounts you currently have on the account. (i.e. WoW1, WoW2, WoW3, etc.)

EDIT: …that said, I’m not entirely sure what happens if you have an already named account and add a new WoW account to your b.net account – does it become WoW2 since you already have a previous account? …or does it become WoW1 since there isn’t yet a WoW1 on the account? :thinking:

1 Like

I checked for you. I have a PTR named WoW1 which would have been the first thing added besides my named license I assume. I actually have a ton of other WoWX accounts but they are all Alphas, Betas, PTRs, etc. I only have the one real WoW account.

1 Like

I have 36 WoW accounts. Used to have more. And when I added more it used to auto name it as what I said by default if I did not name it.

I did not want to name every account a new unique name so I let it auto name them. And I never came across a WoWX when the names were auto given to me.

When I have my named WoW account everything else behind it auto went to WoW1 and so on. Never had a WoWX account but perhaps cuz my first was auto named.

At least for me, when I added a second WoW account (a free trial license) it started counting at #2. Though when I added a trial for the EU region that one started at #1.

1 Like