I have been 'flagged for botting' twice while picking herbs

Yea, just what it says. I was farming herbs to make my 384 trinket and twice I got a purple pop-up that goes away quickly but says I was flagged for botting. I know I’m good at dragonriding, but I’m not THAT good! Is this something to be concerned about, and do we need special permission now to gather crafting mats? I’m starting to think crafting just isn’t worth it anymore. Blizz, how about some additional info, like land, /dance, then pick the herb to prove you’re not a bot?

I have never heard of that. Also from what I understand, there is no way to tell if you was flagged for “botting”. Blizzard doesn’t warn for that offense, Blizzard just drops the hammer…

Was it a purple text line in your chat pane? If so, it was a player screwing with you.

9 Likes

Aren’t there ‘behavior warning’ pop-ups that that’d fall under? …or is that just for swearing and the like?

(Not that those warnings actually mean anything unless you’re actually botting/swearing/breaking the rules in some way…)

I agree with Wreckingbull. I’ve never seen a purple pop-up that says you’re flagged for botting.

If Blizzard flags your account for botting, you’re kicked off the game and your account is actioned (suspended or banned).

10 Likes

Yeah, for chat violations, for exploiting and botting, no. That would alert those guys they have been detected and they will adjust their programs to avoid it. Blizzard doesn’t want that to happen.

5 Likes

It was a purple text that popped up in the middle of my screen, not in the chat pane.

Sounds like a broken addon.

4 Likes

Or maybe actual addon behavior? Such as to announce when a gather earns you knowledge, for example. This is new to me, but I know gathering knowledge items +3 are epic quality.

1 Like

That sounds SUPER phishy.

I’d recommend a Full UI Reset as that sounds like some sort of addon that’s messing with you.

If Blizzard thinks you’re cheating, you would be booted and either suspended for a period of time or banned outright (closer of the account). They don’t “warn” for that sort of thing.

8 Likes

Purple chat is whisper from another player we can report people for anything will anything come of it only u and blizzard will know.

3 Likes

I’ll try the UI reset. As for add ons I have healbot, details and achievement instance tracker. I also have helium, xroll, and tomtom but those 3 are disabled.

Was it an actual flag for botting or a warning that you were being reported?

You may receive a warning if some number of people have reported you.
However, it is just a warning that some of your behavior appears suspicious nad there are no penalties associated with a warning.

At some point, the number of reports meets a threshold for review by Blizzard who then decides if botting has actually occurred.

I have no idea. It was purple text on screen, not in the chat box and it only stayed up for maybe a second. It was so quick the first time I saw it I didn’t catch what it said and it wasn’t until the second pop-up that I was able to read it. I wouldn’t think anyone would have reported be because I’m usually cool to other players, stopping to give them fortitude if their ally, or helping to clear mobs even if they’re horde. I’m leaning more towards a misbehaving add on. I haven’t seen it since I deleted the 3 that I wasn’t using, reset my UI and updated Details!. Something in there may have fixed it.

I too wonder about that message. How would they(Blizzard) know to message you for botting? The report option is for “cheating” not “botting”. Blizzard’s warning message for chat goes in your chat frame as well as on your screen if I remember correctly. Definitely long enough for you to see it clearly because they want you to see and understand the message.

Glad to hear it might have only been a misbehaving addon.

3 Likes

Also glad to hear it seems resolved.

But I am so so curious as to what addon was popping up a message in the middle of players’ screens saying they’ve been ‘flagged for botting’.

Feels like that time that one dude took over Altoholic and then weaponized the code within. Like an angry addon author trying to troll as much as possible or something, LOL.

:grimacing:

1 Like

Whispers from other players are more pink than purple…

EDIT: I mean, they’re closer to pink than purple – you wouldn’t confuse an epic item with a whisper received/sent…

1 Like