I hate the NE bias in things

The Horde must be a mindless bloodthirsty monster who is able to benefit himself and others only under the wise command of individuals raised by the Alliance or following the ideals of the Alliance, otherwise he is in a state of sleep or trying to kill others, while simultaneously trying to perform brain surgery on himself. This is the history of the Horde in WoW.

Copy logic without trying to figure it out, a great tactic for wacky deals. Hmm.

It’s Highborne lore, or perhaps Sunstrider lore which becomes blood elf lore. The Highborne always set themselves aloof from the Kal’dorei and even after the downfall of the Empire never truly become part of “peasant” Night elf culture, an attitude which led to their exile.

Pretty much. Sucks to have been a Plot Device and not really a faction for 10+ years. Blizz does whatever the hell they want with us, and could care less about the consequences of that for everyone. I’d like “writing the Horde” if I got to treat it as a free pass vehicle for my thought spew stories too I suppose lol!

Ah yes, my favourite kind of thread, where the very title is meant to be divisive and then everyone goes ‘hErE cOmE tHe CrAzY nElF pOsTeRs’.

Tauren do need more lore, and they should be written as the physical powerhouses they are to put them on par with other races. A single tauren should require a team of human knights to take down, in order to put them on even footing with more numerous or higher tech races. They don’t need to become more warmongering or harsher, however. Moreover, their lore should be able to co-exist with the Shadowlands stuff fairly easily, in the same way the Emerald Dream can co-exist with Ardenweald.

Elune seems to be a universal force while the Earthmother is centered on Azeroth, this makes for a decent compromise in terms of influence, and this and the tauren’s connection to the spirits would make for ample cultural fleshing out without taking anything from anyone else. The connection with Cenarius is all well and good but it doesn’t seem to have been a thing for centuries. The tauren didn’t participate in the War of the Shifting Sands, for instance, which means any connection to the night elves and their Ancients (and ancients) faded long ago. The focus should be on spiritwalkers, or even runemasters, stuff like that. I’m holding out hope that Baine becomes a spiritwalker or spirit warrior but it’s a far flung hope.

I genuinely don’t understand this forum’s obsession with the ‘attention’ the night elves get, as it seems far from objective in terms of story analysis.

7 Likes

Rent free.

11 Likes

I wish we’d all stop making it a contest.

Nelfs get short shrift in a lot of areas. So does pretty much every race in the game, and both factions. To some degree, what counts as “short shrift” depends on what any given player likes, so if what I like isn’t what nelfs get and what someone else likes is what nelfs get, we have a fundamental difference in whether we think they got short shrift.

But it really bugs me, this zero sum game so many people seem to want to play, as if my feeling bad how my favorite race is treated by the story means that there’s less available bad for them to feel about how their favorite race is treated. My wanting more for nelfs doesn’t mean I want less for anyone else. My feeling bad that we don’t actually have Auberdine back as a potential RP hub even though we “won” it back doesn’t mean that I don’t also feel bad for Forsaken RPers who lost a hub they loved.

It’s just weird to me, that we seem so determined to make it a “my race is treated worse, you’ve got nothing to complain about” sort of thing.

When people do that IRL, what they’re actually saying is that we have to find the one person in all the world who has it objectively the worst of all humans, and ONLY THEY get to have the sads. ONLY THEY get to complain about their lot in life, because literally everyone else in the world has it better than they do.

Can we stop making it a competition, please? (Also this isn’t directed at you specifically, Alynsa, but at the community.)

17 Likes

Rare hiss.
I wonder … What do the Horde bowls look like? At least the trolls.
Trolls. They complain that their past and its offshoots are regularly beaten, they are a small remnant of exiles, Rastakhan was replaced by Talanji, Volgin died without pathos.

So. The trolls have a bunch of bowls, which all, including them, beat, most of the bowls are seriously broken, one is completely destroyed (are the Northrend trolls Drakkari?). The black spear drinks from a broken piece, the shiny piece was broken off by the nagas (Sen’jin? You took revenge later on in the starting location?) , but until they put it into the shard, there is an old stone, revered, but not shiny. There is also a drawing by Zekhan, which is still roughly applied.
Zandalari. This bowl was hidden for a long time, but it turned out to be just as bruised as the others. The main glitter was smashed by the Alliance and the black glitter from the same bowl. Replaced with glass, no one is going to polish it. The gold paint was scraped off by the Alliance and the goblins. Oh yes, there was also a pebble of the Prophet Zul!

So, the Trolls drink from a shard and a broken bowl, most of the decorations from them have been broken or stolen, there is a collection of broken bowls. Drinking bowls are rarely repaired, in insufficient volume, other materials or their prolonged polishing are desirable.

Everything seems to be correct …

äh, Shernish, i mean, english isn´t my mothertongue aswell but …what?

2 Likes

It does need to be said, there’s finite resources in development and game, these do ultimately have to be split in inequitable ways.

There’s of course a difference between feeling something versus what action is being dictated to resolve that. But I agree that people should try not to invalidate how people feel. I typically take issue with the latter area.

Night Elf fans also have to deal with the fact there really are negative people out there that give them a certain reputation. Which sucks. Much as Horde fans deal with this. Which is unfair and frustrating on both ends.

8 Likes

In addition to what is said above, I also would invite you to look at the “Make An’she a thing” thread I made where 60% of the responses are Night Elves and their fanboys saying exactly this, outraged and disgusted at the prospect of a Solar Being Deity getting development.

I appreciate your sentiment, but it is neither universal nor the vocal majority.

6 Likes

At least the final part, the appearance of the collection of troll bowls, understandable?

Yeah, well, I think I know where you’re going with this.

Baalsamael twist again things. Its not about “make an’she a thing”, it is about, take unique flavour from an already existing character, thats a different topic. It was never questioned that An’She could be more fleshed out, i made even Suggestions on this term.

2 Likes

One of the shining tauren stones turned out to be a rough replica of a stone from the night elf chalice. And now they want their second stone to be the same as that of the night elves, with the same properties, but a different color.
Scream. The term “theft” is not a good fit. There was Rose in The Little Prince, who was proud of her uniqueness, but then it turned out that their whole garden? Everyone wants to be a Rose, but without a garden?

Uh is this just made up?

Night Elf fans very well have to say something when Horde players demand even more to be taken away from them:

He could’ve said that Tauren or Mu’sha should get attention, instead he called “night elf bias” (lol) and demanded even more to be taken away from the race

1 Like

That is the second or third time he’s mentioned that thread or referenced what someones else has said when responding to a completely different person about what Night Elf fans want. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Case in point lmao

2 Likes

How do you see the night elf bowl?

People! PEOPLE!

it’s a (very obvious) bait thread.

Put your victim cards away and move on to other things.

:pancakes:

4 Likes

We still do the same things that we do everywhere, are we not?