I hate Dragonflying

I really like the new change where any mount can have dragon flying, so now I have to cast toggle it off Every. Single. Time. I log in to the game and want to fly normally. At least make it so it saves the change you want. It’s so annoying.

21 Likes

Wait, if you toggle to static flight it doesn’t remember it when you logoff and resets back to skyriding each time you login?

4 Likes

Sounds more like a bug in your case.

5 Likes

Dynamic flying shouldn’t even be a thing, it was okay for one expansion, not making it permanently into the game. Or at the very least make normal flying faster so its fair to the people who dont want to fly like that, forcing people to do it cause its faster.

12 Likes

They needed something they could alter slightly from expansion to expansion while pretending it is a new feature with each release. Seems perfect for that to me.

Dragonflight - New dragonriding feature!

TWW - New skyriding feature!

Midnight - Ground mounts will now skyride! All new dynamic mounting feature!

2 Likes

No! I don’t want to fly faster!
I would even prefer choosing between slow stable flight (lvl 30) and fast stable flight (lvl 40).

4 Likes

They already did. Grats.

6 Likes

Counterpoint: No

20 Likes

Sounds like a bug.

I logged in on a toon that still had steady flying on from an earlier session.

2 Likes

sounds like a bug.

dragon riding is literally the best thing they’ve added to the game in a decade.

14 Likes

Obviously not everyone will like everything. But dragon riding is one of the best features they’ve added to the game in a long time. They didn’t decide to carry it over because people didn’t like it. It’s been an extremely popular feature.

7 Likes

It’s a faster method of travel. All of which have been swiftly adopted as the game has gone on. When people got their basic mount they were excited. When they got an epic mount they were excited. When they got a flying mount they were excited.

People act like they reinvented the wheel with this change. It’s legit just flying with a one button rotation added to it.

Who (other than those who can’t function with it) is going to say no to faster travel?

1 Like

Sweetie, I use at least 3 buttons. Not one. Y’all are doing something wrong if you’re only using one button for dragonriding.

I love DR honestly. I’ve spent HOURs in game just flying around with it. Seriously, before this patch I figured out how to not land for at least 30 minutes.

8 Likes

O…kay? Flying with a rotation is “one of the best features” they’ve added in years?

This is not the ringing endorsement of the game that people think it is.

Yeah if you aren’t gathering anything it’s perfectly possible to never touch the ground while consistently flying forever. I can hit the skybox from a standing start in Valdrakken without running out of vigor. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

thats sounds like a bug, dude. i change to static flying when i am doing herby stuff and its always annoying to log back in later and find I’m slower than molasses.

i :heart: skyriding. its fun.

except when, you know, herbing and whatnot.

1 Like

You will have a fun time with War Within then. There you have to Dynamic Fly until you completed Pathfinder which is just the whole Campaign long!

3 Likes

No thanks. 420 speed is fine for steady flight. You want to go faster? You go dragon riding. Want to meander along during a quest herbing? You go steady. They each have their own merits.

The toggle needs to be much faster, toggleable mounted. Or we need a checkbox for certain mounts to be steady and others to be dr.

6 Likes

This is the only thing we need, a toggle per mount.

Dragon flying is amazing and I’m mostly a classic player. It’s fast, dynamic and engaging. It rewards the player for understanding the mechanics and I think people who don’t like it haven’t grasped the mechs

4 Likes

It should be, and is also the default now.
Tough luck if ya’ don’t like that.

3 Likes

Dragon riding is fine. Can GD take a chill pill on this already? Some of the whiniest people I’ve ever seen in these forums

3 Likes