i saw you in stormwind today lol

and people complain about the contract doing too much, doing too little
¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

What can I do against this? Mmm~?

yer arm is missing :>

1 Like

pretend im wearing a cast that is a perfect match with the forum background

i already know people who got banned for ridiculous stuff, before and after contract
granted the after-the-contract bans were a lil more stupid

Yes, it both to harsh and destorys the game by bowing to the “social justice” agenda, but at the same time it is completely ineffective and does nothing at all.

I believe I have heard this type of argument somewhere else

1 Like

sigh… this company just… i dunno anymore…

i just want to have fun and yet we have a social contact which the esrb can rate for online interactions.

The false reporting was already rampant pre 9.2.5. You wanting more punishment speaks volumes to what is so obvious your political ideology. You are the problem regardless if you realize it not. Unfortunately…

11 Likes
1 Like

finish your sentence, i do hate cliffhangers

But you have agreed to this time and time again.

What is different this time…unless they hit a nerve.

3 Likes

It was never meant to change anything its always been there in the TOS. Blizzard has just made it more obvious because they got sick of no one reading the TOS. So they basically highlighted part if it so they would have more of a leg to stand on when they start banning people and the reason why wouldn’t come as a shock

Basically dont be a toxic jerk and your fine.

7 Likes

I can’t believe it still needs to be said but…

The social contract introduced absolutely 0 new rules. Nothing should have been expected to change.

12 Likes

Exactly as I stated above. This guy gets it. Anyone who thinks it did has never read the TOS

2 Likes

Disagree. I’ve seen less toxic stuff in game.

4 Likes

its definitely changed in wording in places since launch of the game.

Of course it didn’t, that’s why it was stupid that everyone freaked out about it

2 Likes

You are right but thats because what use to be common sense 15years ago just isnt anymore. The fact that Tact should be used before you open your mouth use to be common sense. It isnt anymore. So Blizzard has said ok people have no clue how to behave so we have to make out standards more clear

Just being real here but 15 years ago you also didnt have to mention on cooking instructions that boiling water “will be hot”. Its boiling water of course its going to be hot. But when common sense goes down companies have to reword things or make things more obvious. Mankind is on a downward slope atm and I hope I live to see it turn back into a hike up a hill

3 Likes

It ticks a corporate social responsibility box that Blizzard needs to rebuild itself back up from the gutter. So by making people feel as though Blizzard cares, it lets them do to their games (i.e. Diablo) what Lucas did to Star Wars. It means nothing but a warm and fuzzy.

1 Like

Yup, because if they really want to change things then they need to incorporate rewards for good behavior and incentives to promote such behavior.

It was very clear from the start that the social contract is just another check box for them to tick to show legal that they’re “doing something.”