I Guess We Now Know Why Every End-Game Pillar Was Timegated

Looks like they’ll hit during S1 anyway. They definitely weren’t going to push the launch, and really didn’t seem to want to give beta feedback or make big changes pre-launch (at least for pallys), so I guess at least better late than never.

1 Like

pallies and shams still blizzards golden boys i see

2 Likes

Eh, no. Dragonflight started a trend of seeing big changes if they’re deemed necessary for given specs or classes.

So is that why the season starts in… 5 days… and this releases in November? Unless I’m just reading it incorrectly, but it very much seems to point at this being an event in Nov/Dec.

The logic ain’t logickin’, friend.

Raid releases on the 10th. Early Access started 2 weeks ago to today. Launch was a bit under that.

Why are you spewing crap?

3 Likes

I love that Druid, Pally, and Mage got a lot of love. Druid is my main (both sides), Pally is my 2nd main (both sides) and my alt mage (Alliance) all got spruced up. Thankfully, I do not play Balance, so smaller learning curve.

1 Like

Yeah seems that way based on the release date going with the 20th anniversary. It’s going to be interesting what it does to comps.

3 Likes

You WHAT, mate?

13 Likes

I’m confused. This is for the 20th Anniversary. Which doesn’t start until November.

2 Likes

Insanely good. Thanks Blizzard for these awesome changes.

2 Likes

Yeah tbh I didn’t look into when it was going to drop, but my initial thought was that these changes would hit before the 20th. I guess in my mind it didn’t occur to me that they would do this mid season. I should have known better.

2 Likes

Some specs had huge changes but many had almost no changes. Resto Druid for example - two updated icons and one modified PvP talent, so basically zero changes.

1 Like

Looking forward to my class being completely different mid season.

5 Likes

Same here, did you look at alllll of the new talents for paladins? There were virtually no changes for Paladins from DF to TWW. Now I see why.

4 Likes

uh…seasons usually last 3-4 months. The last season of an expac is usually the longest at a year…S4 of DF was not that long

2 Likes

My friend is looking through them right now, he mains Ret.

I’m still trying to sort the Shaman changes in my head right now - I don’t dislike them at all, there’s a LOT of QoL here (that should have been with release, like arc discharge not consuming MSW)

1 Like

No… they don’t.

2 Likes

I’m sitting here trying to wrap my head around it and I can’t. Unless these are changes going through before the start of the season and they just somehow lumped it into 20th anniversary?

2 Likes

Heck yeah, they are finally fixing dark ranger’s and black arrow.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know either lmao

3 Likes

I’ve been saying this for years. We are all unpaid beta testers playing an unfinished game. Constantly tuning, tweaking, nerfing, buffing, adjusting, removing, etc.

This should have never been acceptable, especially not to this extreme degree. A large part of the reason it’s that way, starts with the catering to and tuning the game (and the gearing/loot restrictions/time gating) around the World First Raiders and esports in general.

It’s the core issue with many things. Just separate the esports players (World First, MDI, Rated Arena) to their own “tournament bracket server” with their own tuning, so that the other 95%+ of your playerbase is not suffering because of it.

It’s beyond tiresome. Imagine how fun WoW could be if they didn’t restrict us all every expansion and season start due to not wanting the top 1% playerbase from getting an edge over their competition. Seriously so sick of this being a part of OUR game experience.

It’s legit like having high inflation, high taxes and high interest rates so the top 1% wealthy can sustain their wealth and still profit at the expense of everyone else. Enough already!

GET THE MDI, TOP RATED ARENA AND WORLD FIRST RAIDERS OUT AND OFF THE GENERAL POPULACE! And we can actually have FUN playing a video game again.

8 Likes

As a paladin seeing shaman listed as a golden child made me laugh - this person has no clue what they are talking about… if you shamans go down stairs too quick yall die.

5 Likes