I guess it's over (Goodbye)

Wow imagine coming into someone’s farewell thread and making it all about yourself. Bravo bravo :clap::clap::clap::clap:

5 Likes

Wasn’t about me, but you’re more than welcome to think that. Her constant complaining won’t be missed by many though.

6 Likes

Well when Elesane turned every thread about herself what do you expect

4 Likes

I haven’t reported so many troll posts on one thread in a long while. This forum needs actual moderators.

12 Likes

The Horde never had an equivalent to Theramore… Trust me that Stonard doesn’t come close. While Theramore was up, the Alliance actually was one city ahead.

3 Likes

Gee, I wonder what this world would be like of people were more compassionate and less self-righteous condemnation? If people understood that NO ONE IS PERFECT. None of us are perfect angels or even gods.

Hmmm… food for thought

3 Likes

Speak for yourself.

I am purrfect though. :wink:

1 Like

Are those the healing pants?

3 Likes

What are u referring to?

I feel for you. I’m in a similar state but for different race orcs.

Their lore been butchered, there isn’t even a credible orc character now. Forget someone as strong as Malfurion or Jaina. I can’t even count how many orc characters have died now with no replacement.

Blizzard needs to step up their writing and stop hogging all positives development for humans only.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Theramore wasn’t neutral, not even technically. They were apart of the Alliance, and were fighting the Horde in Durotar, the Northern Barrens, and the Southern Barrens during Cataclysm.

12 Likes

Theramore was Alliance, they participated in the building of roads to ferry supplies to the Alliance forces in the Barrens. That made them a legittimate target. The gathering of a bunch of Alliance leaders in Theramore kind of sealed it’s fate.

12 Likes

Why would people do that when they can just read WoWhead for the summaries and go “Oh, right, the story is still a dumpster fire.”

I stick around now only for RP, which is entirely free of Blizzard’s influence at this point.

2 Likes

ok no-one cares. Leave if your gonna complain.

I don’t think anyone is arguing Theramore’s legitimacy as a target, but it was a very anti-orc-honor notion of “kill all my enemies in the most efficient (read: cowardly) way possible”. For a guy who cried about honor and glory on the battlefield, Garrosh seemed opposed to it whenever it wasn’t to kick around people he knew with 100% certainty he could beat. He was afraid of the Alliance and he wanted to wipe out its strongest leaders without needing to get his hands dirty.

Garrosh didn’t care about the Horde’s honor, only victory at any cost, which made him no different from the old Horde he hated so much except for the false piety he cloaked himself in by going “I will never use fel magic”. He then proceeds to drink in the power of an Old God, which he somehow thinks is perfectly okay.

Every problem was approached with violence. When all you’ve got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail, and Garrosh sure was a hammerhead.

7 Likes

Also supported the Axis by serving as R&R for officers, allowing materiel and personel to be transported over Swiss Alps, and was a very happy recipient of lots of money, gold, and art stolen by the Reich.

neutrality means “taking no sides,” not “actually being neutral.”

1 Like

The only dishonorable thing Garrosh did with Theramore is use Horde forces as expendable shock troops.

Theramore had been attacking the Horde, even while Jaina clasped her hands and wibbled her lip about how “neutral” she was. Honestly Theramore had been aggressing the horde since Vanilla, lip-wibbling all the way. But with cataclysm they were taking it all the way.

So, Garrosh launched a counter-offensive. One he personally led. Against a fortified bastion of enemy soldiers. Wearing only his nipples and some pit lord teeth. Call it what you want but “cowardly” aint it.

“BUT THE BOMB!” - okay, the bomb, what about it? Theramore had Jaina, an absurdly, outrageously powerful archmage who has no known limit to her power whatsoever. it also had Kalecgos, the dragon aspect of magic. Garrosh brought similar firepower to these two threats, and it worked out for him.

“BUT THE CIVILIANS!” - you mean all the ones that had been evacuated before the attack, leaving Theramore manned entirely by military forces?

Theramore stabbed the horde in the back, invaded horde territory, killed horde civilians, then got its teeth kicked in. All while Jaina prevaricated about not taking sides. Garrosh ended a clear and present danger to both Orgrimmar and Thudner Bluff, and did so via sound strategy and using comparable firepower.

It’s only “bad” because the Garrosh made Jaina “Karen” Proudmoore face the consequences of her own actions and BS.

26 Likes

You know, if the Alliance or Jaina thought like that, there’d be no horde left today. No more Orgrimmar, orcs or trolls or tauren who had anything else to do but flee from an angry and hostile alliance that had nothing better to do than slaughter them.

12 Likes