I guess it's over (Goodbye)

I agree. They did have to bring the Elves dish to the others level. Keeping them as immortal and with the continued aid of Cenarius throughout WoW would not have been equal.

And this is where the problem came in. After taking them dish a notch their lore was screwed with and then constantly ignored or shown to be incapable of defending themselves.

I would like to think that Shadowlands addresses and begins to resolve the issues that came with BfA leading into a full resolution or reconstruction with the heritage quest or a possible world revamp/time skip after SL.

5 Likes

See you in Shadowlands, lol

I wouldn’t go expecting it; a lot of us are out, for good.

The story has hit rock bottom, and unless you PVE/PVP, there isn’t really all too much worth sticking around for, IMO.

4 Likes

how did saurfang plan the genocide though? it seemed more like a whim of slyvanas. you can argue he was for the attack which yes he was, but he wasn’t for the genocide.

more on point though you should be happy you don’t play any other race, if you were gnome you wouldn’t have even played the game to begin with, dwarves only got good in cata and that lasted like half an expansion. taurens never really got good lore, goblins what lore? draenei had to wait like a decade for decent lore. trolls never really got lore unless you count zandalari which I don’t. undead had little spurt of lore in cata only to explain how they keep existing. I could literally go on, the only races that get consistent lore are orcs and humans and even then it’s mostly just leaders doing things which hardly constitutes racial lore.

2 Likes

I just came here for you post and say Bravo! Finally someone who sees how horrible has the other races compared to the Nelves that are still on the spotlight and the Ardenweald zone has literally lots of armor/weapons/cosmetic stuff related to them.

1 Like

This was my first toon and so I saw the beauty of the night elves right away and after a long grind of learning the game and them, saw them spat on time and again. I didn’t even like the tree! It was corrupted! But the loss of lives was abhorrent and that deserved closure in BfA. AT LEAST a reason Tyrande became the night warrior. Tyrande becoming the night warrior in order to see her kin raised as undead and then nothing… offensively thoughtless writing and development.

If she dies then what the fudge do the night elves do from there? Malfurion is GOOFY and not a leader and my heart is going to break for him. Maiev is a feral cat that got passed up for a job Tyrande got. The list of prominent night elves that could lead ends there, really. I don’t know what they’re about to do with the night elves but it seems whatever rut the writing team is in with them, they’re not going to pull out of it.

If Tyrande doesn’t die, then there’s hope for future expansions/diff writing influences to do something nice again with this race. I understand leaving over the treatment night elves have gotten.

6 Likes

Just play the story like (most) fantasy dwarves. (Though, not really WoWs mostly).

Just assume you’re never going to win. Not really. Maybe wright everything in a big book to hold grudges for idiotic amounts of time. Also never give them the satisfaction, just do your best to wreck all their crap.

4 Likes

As miserable a state the Night Elves have been left in the Forsaken are in the same boat along with most of what makes Horde, Horde.

1 Like

The difference is, of course, that these players take it personally. Something happens you don’t like? Personally offended. Over a video game story.

Like literally get over yourselves (not speaking to you specifically here). It’s a damn game, get the bloody hell over it. Move on.

You say “grievances” when in actuality it’s brainless QQing. Waaa waa something has happened that I don’t like in this story I am overly invested in! Like, hello? These people must get over themselves, and promptly.

5 Likes

In the end no matter what side you were on in BfA , everyone came out a loser.

Shadowlands undead/afterlife theme is the only thing thats motivating to play. And so far after watching gameplay of the Shadowlands intro really makes me wish I was helping Sylvanas. But instead I have help rescues 3 characters (Anduin, Jaina and Baine) I can’t even stand and one (Thrall) I have reached my limit with.

Best of luck to you.

7 Likes

I am sorry the story for the night elves has hurt you so much, I can tell everything you ever said was from the heart. I hope you do come back some day, and that the story has some sort of positivity for the night elves.

3 Likes

I don’t know, I can’t imagine being THAT personally invested in a damn video game, that I would be legitmatly upset over what happens to a bunch of pixels in a fantasy setting. Some people I honestly feel have trouble remembering that WoW isn’t real and take it far too seriously.

4 Likes

:roll_eyes: Imagine someone else acting this way to a hypothetical goodbye post of yours.

8 Likes

As you said, that would require a massive lobotomy. I don’t want her character development to be erased. I would be interested in the idea of having her move beyond the Night Warrior persona, that process would be an interesting way to introduce Night Elf Paladins.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you got a very small taste of what Horde players have gotten every single expansion since TBC. That’s very rough.

9 Likes

Honey. One thing life teaches you is that what a random person on the internet thinks of you is the least of your concerns.

In one hour I won’t even remember your ‘‘name’’

5 Likes

See you a few years when the emotions have long passed and you’re bored and think “I wonder if WoW’s gotten any better” and come back for a few weeks.

I share much of what you say but I want to clarify that I remember that Darkshore was completely reconquered by the night elves, I think that even Tyranda gave a victory speech.

We also now know that the Night Elves are making a new home in Nordrassil from what we know of the new book.

Nelf Paladins are already a thing. They need no reason.

1 Like

I’m thinking of something a bit more substantive than as Order Hall Followers, as in introducing a new player option

1 Like