I guess I don't get the appeal of hardcore

Just level with no armor. Boom.

1 Like

I’ve leveled characters naked before, it’s fun. Have to use a lot more of your toolkit.

1 Like

I just can’t imagine it being a realistic success since most players, like 90% of wow players, aren’t exactly gamers. They just buy games, die, blame others. Does hardcore mode fit that mantra? Probably not.

But I’m sure blizz will spin hardcore as a big hit, just like dragongliding is a ‘big hit’ because we’re all forced to engage with it, or dracthur are a ‘success’ because they arbitrarily have all the tools of an op class, and aug is pushing keys like mad, by design.

So yea, hardcore is cool. Is it actually a success? All signs point to no.

Its not really hardcore unless it deletes all of your characters on the account when you die. Including retail and other classic chars.

3 Likes

Different strokes for different folks for firing up their competitive instincts.

No thank you.

Blizzard should actually send a team to smash your PC and keep tabs on you so you can never videogame again

2 Likes

I don’t either. “Let me level up the hard way, probably die to someone else’s stupidity and then move that character to another server, because Hardcore isn’t really Hardcore.”

:dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

I have very little knowledge of HC rules, is instance and pvp also HC?

I don’t get the appeal either. I put a lot into my character and become very attached to them.

Not to mention the trolls. A friend of mine was playing HC yesterday and said there was a group of people who were running around aggroing mobs and dumping them on others just to kill them. Can’t say I’m surprised that such garbage people are doing stuff like that.

8 Likes

I absolutely loved that movie back when it came out.

“There can be only one.”

1 Like

Given I would not make it past the first elevator… I will not be participating.

:cookie:

3 Likes

This is true, and it’s true in almost all team sports or team games. In M+, I would say the level the group can clear is probably slightly higher than that of the weakest member if they were in an equally-skilled group. This is one of the reasons why pugging can be frustrating, there is little agency the individual player holds over the successful performance of the group.

You might like something like chess or the Dueler’s guild in BFA. This way, it is impossible for you to be hindered by your teammates’ performance.

If only the level the group could clear was slightly lower than that of the strongest member if they were in an equally-skilled group, instead. That would reduce a lot of toxicity issues in M+ and make it very fun to help or play with less experienced players.

I already leveled in classic im not doing it again

1 Like

I don’t get the point of that server. So leveling to max without dying I get. People have been doing that “challenge” long before Classic was a thing.

But as soon as you die to a dungeon, raid boss or in pvp your character is locked, right? Just seems like a massive waste.

4 Likes

i started a shaman last night. level 9 i think? mostly just working on professions and building up a starting base to jump start with when i inevitably die and have to reroll. Its kinda nice i guess, seein people out in the world and feelin like working on professions actually does somethin.

Reported for real life threats and bulllying

Hardcore is about a bunch of nerds flexing super hard and hoping someone notices. If you don’t hate yourself you can also just roll on a full classic server and do HC, but this time you can keep your character if you lose it :open_mouth:

1 Like

Lmao that wasn’t a threat it was a suggestion and I didn’t meant you I meant to people who died in HC.
Kinda funny you made a joke and when you thought someone made one you couldn’t handle, oh well

2 Likes

I feel super threatened as well