Drink water.

14 Likes

Coke is unhealthy

Both liquid and illegal substance, yes.

2 Likes

I did not drink enough water yesterday. Am paying for that today. :pensive:

1 Like

Good advice.

Honestly though, being sick with Covid these past few days has seen me drinking way too much water. I’m almost getting sick of it by now. :dracthyr_cry:

1 Like

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon and it’s not too bad. :people_hugging:

1 Like

I thought you were going to say something along the lines of removing aug evokers in your post. You know, going with the flow of repeating the demand with 30 threads a day about it.

I’m dealing with it a bit better than my parents were/are (got it from mom when she was visiting, and I think she gave it to dad - whiiiiiich… he’s 70+ with the pneumonia variant, so he’s had to be in the hospital for a couple days while they took care of it before it got worse). I think I got one of the newer variants, where it’s mostly just a horrendous head cold; headache, fever, nose is constantly gunked up and/or blocked/running, throat is sore and a bit gunky.

Managing the symptoms with some Mucinex, at least. I just hope my “turnaround” point comes soon. I hate not being able to breathe properly out of my nose lmao. :dracthyr_cry: It’s made sleeping a challenge.

Thanks for the well wishes, all the same! Here’s keeping fingers crossed. ; v;

4 Likes

I was like that, too, but with the added coughing. I found hot steaming cups of tea and a concoction my aunt gave a recipe for really helped. I hope you all stay clear of Long COVID effects too. Sending lots of well wishes. :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Speedy recovery!!

1 Like

The coughing’s the worst part lmao. It’s infrequent, but because of drainage, my throat’s all kinds of messed up, so it hurts when I do.

Could be worse. Luckily I’m vax’d and boosted.

:dracthyr_heart:

Back to talk about water, though. Drink water!! Stay hydrated in this horrid mess of a summer.

2 Likes

Fruit smoothies with honey and ginger. Fiance drank those when sick with covid and helped out A LOT.

4 Likes

I’ve cut soda off from my diet, mostly drinking water nowadays. Think it’s doing wonders for my health and hoping it’ll help me shed some pounds.

Working on cutting off more fast food next.

3 Likes

I just only water. Pretty much.

I do squirt those drink enhancer/flavor things into it though.

1 Like

Instructions unclear I ended up drinking mtn dew.

2 Likes

I like keeping a jug of water with some lemons and/or mint leafs in the fridge.

Gives it some natural and delicious flavor.

I also keep iced tea in the fridge for special occasions.

Iced tea is lovely, honestly. I have a few bottles of it in the fridge, sometimes I’ll sub water out for it.

Letting one get a bit room temperature right now, to help with the sore throat stuff. Don’t have any other tea, so gotta make do.

A timely reminder. Stay hydrated, folks! We’ve got four to six weeks ‘till it starts cooling off.

1 Like

You know, of course, that water will rust your pipes. Drink coffee instead. Better yet, drink Jack Daniels.

The OP is right. Drink water, ESPECIALLY with heat wave going on. The heat dome moved to the east and now, Kentucky is under heat advisory, will probably be upgraded to excessive heat warning at some point.