I go 3-3 in a lobby where everyone else is 200+ MRR

Just went 5-1 tonight, the lobby average was around 1450 but other healer had 1500mmr. I have 1300MMR. I still only get 10 points for winning 5-1?

I migght as well just go for my rival in 2s as im 1650, and getting higher on SS seems impossible

Playing RSS on my MW Monk - 1570 CR - 1578 MMR
Get absolutely destroyed and go 2-4.
Round finishes and everyone in the lobby is 1900+ CR and MMR
Lose 44 rating. CR is now 1534.
I will never get above a 1600 if i have to play 2k players as soon as i go north of 1550

2 Likes

I wish someone would explain the MR/CR etc… because it makes no sense in SS to me. I just won 4 out of 6… MR was the same as my CR, group match was 40 more than my CR, and everyone was about the same CR… yet got zero. I can even understand 3 and 3 getting zero… but…

honor level doesn’t really mean much

the lobby mmr isn’t accurate because your mmr is compared against the other dps.

somebody in that lobby was lower mmr. edit: a dps in that lobby

When was the last time you played Chess and they nerfed the queen so it could only move 3 squares at a time and then buffed the bishop to get one jump over a pawn on the opening move?

Then they buffed pawns to have a free battle rez only to remove that a week later?

MMR doesnt belong in a game where balanced is changed more often than our underpants.

1 Like

except if you want to use chess* as an analogy then you would more say if light side got 5 queens instead of bishops and rooks while dark side only got 1 rook, bishop, and knight each.

not all classes have equal access to “full” tool kits compared to some.

1 Like

How would the game work without MMR? :dracthyr_a1:

1 Like

Warm thoughts and feelings, with rainbows and unicorns.

ya i went 4-2 vs 2 people 400 pointsh igher then me, i got 0 rating, reason being was there was a person even lower the me, who also won 4 rounds, they gained like 400 rating i gained 0 the 2 highest lost rating also, 3 of us went 3-3- the 2 highest went 2-4, and the lowest went 4-2, so because a lower person tied us, i guess the system takes it as u are weer ur suppoused to be, its almost beneficial to players, to agree to lsoe anytime theh ighest person in group is on ur team, if everyone beats the highest ranked person, then everyoe gais rating, this will deff be abused oe day.

There rating or mmr was 400 higher? There rating doesn’t matter

I have a 54% win ratio on my Druid with 600 matches. I’m at 1500, lol :joy: I guess you gotta win every game to increase rating eh

rmmr srry didnt mean rating ya mmr,

depends on the games ur winning and the games ur losing, if u lose vs higher rated players always, and only win when ur hgihest int he lobby, u can have like 70% win rate and be 1600… i understand tho its not up to u who it matches u with, but ya, deff winning in higher mmr lobbies is what u want… friend has 70% win rate and is only 1650, cause 80% of his lobbys are either lower or same as him mmr wise, and if u somehow lose in thesee lobbies, its huge mmr loses.

1 Like

theres a huige influx of back pedaling keyboard turning glads cause of DH and ELE and rogue being so overtuned start of season.

My brother 2400 3v3 is like top 250.

1 Like

The whole “depends” piece is the piece that is infuriating.

It should “depend”.

Give a flat amount and hat you go up or down depending on the number of wins.

Why does MMR exist? This ain’t chess. There are 4 billion variables with luck involved. Stop this stupidity. Stop infuriating your players.

Just stop.

2 Likes

So that players who are 1200 don’t face players who are 2400

1 Like

MMR is basically perceived skill level based on performance. It’s to get people playing against similarly skilled or able individuals to reduce frustrations.

With no MMR matches would feel like how they do in the first few days of a season, which is to say very imbalanced.

They won’t, you’ll have to win to get to 2400.

And contrary to your statement, as a 1500 rdru healer I get dumped into 2k lobbied all the time.

MMR is dumb, this isn’t chess.

Your rating literally doesn’t matter. You’re playing a game with 4 million variables

• gear differences
  • rng
  • bugs
  • latency
  • weekly tuning
  • addon arms race

You’re not sitting down at a table and playing a game that has had a consistent rule set for 100 years.

MMR should not exist in games like wow, anyone supporting it should really start to consider critical thinking.

1 Like