I go 3-3 in a lobby where everyone else is 200+ MRR

AS a healer and get no rating?

What.

I go 2-4 in the same situation and get -50 rating?

what

7 Likes

strange things have been going on, its scared off many players, the participation numbers are falling fast making it worse.

3 Likes

Well yeah this makes me not want to play and waste 30 mins for no rating, when im playing against people with 200+ cr from my own

1 Like

Its common to be at 1k CR and in a lobby of Glad mounts / 2400 exp players.

Its …

1 Like

im not even saying these people are amazing players… it s just dumb that I cant climb cause of 3-3 lobbys when the average MMR is way higher than mine

2 Likes

it’s called personal MMR

i can be 2300 against a 2450 team and get a +0 if my mmr is low enough for the game to think my personal MMR is inaccurate for my skill

it happens because you spam lose and the game thinks you’re worse than you are

what’s with the arena forums giving isolated incidents of +0 rather than just showing a reflex window

7 Likes

I never said it wasnt personal MMR.It shows your personal MMR vs everyone else, if you 3-3 people with higher MMR AND CR, why wouldnt it raise your CR and MMR? Makes no sense friend

your personal MMR is so low that going even against “superior” players isn’t enough of a justification to raise your current rating

i can almost assure you it’s cos you’re on a loss streak

also, if you were to go 3-3 against a team that’s again 200 mmr higher, p sure you’d then go up rating

3 Likes

I am not, Im on a fresh char that ive gone 2-4 once on in the last 3 SS, others have been 3-3. My rating is only 60 less than my peak due to a 2-4 game. only like 48 rounds played total. Why que me against higher rated players if i cant get ANYTHING from doing 3-3 aginst them

1 Like

i’d guess it’s because the game is trying to make matches happen and thus creating a game where the healers aren’t as experienced as the DPS

it’s an unfortunate product of the bracket having significantly more DPS than healers playing

saw foxyllama go 2-4 and lose 60 rating lol

game is just crazy atm.

it seems like if you have 1 bad game… then ur next game is a “everything to lose, nothing to gain” type game

4 Likes

I was in a lobby where everyone was over 2200 except one hunter who was 275 rating :rofl:

1 Like

Well, considering wins <1000 generally net you +96, he would have to have played 1 game and gone 3-3 putting him at 288. So theres no shot he was playing against 2200 unless those 2200s had nosedived down to 1800 mmr.

Does Feelsbadman when you sit in que for mandatory 30 minutes without afk’ing bust your little bum for 6 rounds and get a bunch of pellets as your reward. Or nothing. Or dumped on.

1 Like

Are you looking at CR (current rating) or MMR? If you go 3-3 and your MMR is above the average of the lobby (you can see this in the bottom right of the score screen) then your CR is going to go down.

Crazy that people don’t know how mmr works still

1 Like

As a healer the only MMR that matters is that of the enemy healer.

4 Likes

I think they should just get rid of MMR altogether for solo shuffle and just do average CR so everyone has to play the same amount to climb.

The fact you can get lucky lobbies and go straight to 2700 mmr in like 4-5 shuffles early is bad cause if you don’t, then you have to mega grind your rating up.

It’s super punishing to recover from a downward swing and super rewarding from getting a few lucky shuffles in a row.

If you lose a couple shuffles and then win a shuffle, you might get 0 rating or less than 20 after losing 150-200 rating.

2 Likes

Crazy that people finally start playing rated now that RSS exists and don’t immediately understand this stupid and convoluted system immediately?

5 Likes

You do these people just want to make excuses