I go 3-3 in a lobby where everyone else is 200+ MRR

I wanna give you the benefit of the doubt but when I check you’re showing two healing classes with 50% winrate and 49% winrate. This means the rating you’re at is where the MMR is either going to keep you there or send you lower.

MMR looks pretty bricked you would need a solid win streak to start moving

1 Like

That must be my shaman and evoker,

I was on my paladin in this case which at the time i only had maybe 6ss sessions logged

I’ve gone 1-5 and got a +18.

It’s all mmr doods

1 Like

I find myself getting paired with super low cr healers and when you play every game against this player you dont even get rating if you win most your games. I like the fast qs on my healer but even if I go 6-0 I only get minimal rating. I had a perfect game recently and only got +37, then i go 2-4 and lose 60, it doesnt make sense for healers right now.

2 Likes

MMR doesn’t belong in WOW at all.

This isn’t chess lmao :rofl:

Just have a fixed system, stop trying to be smart about where players “should be”

Have a finite gain/loss per game that’s irrespective of MMR.

Again this ain’t chess.

2 Likes

Hopefully the mmr being on the scoreboard after today will help those who don’t have a clue how the elo system works actually start understanding it.

We don’t need to understand dog system. This isn’t chess stop thinking that it is.

Classes getting readjusted every week.

In no real competitive ELO system does it change that frequently and is so imbalanced.

Just stop with MMR BS, do flat increases to CR.

The glads can play a few games with the rest of us while they climb.

Assuming everyone’s MMR is close.

Imagine if there’s a 100 or 200 rating variance…

I have taken 3 days off so far from the game because I tried healing solo shuffle.
If I win I barely get anything.
If I tie I get nothing.
If I lose I lose massively.

The games were not fun, just frustrating and stressful. I hated it.
If I want to play dps I have to watch a netflix show or something while I wait for a que to pop. It’s no way to play any game.
I predict there will be a lot less people playing solo shuffle as time goes by.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s chess at all. Just a reminder, you’re the one confused.

1 Like

Except it’s not that convoluted. You win more than you lose? Your rating increases

There really isn’t much need to think about it. Outside of shuffle it’s possible to mess up in terms of who you queue with but shuffle is automated and you don’t have control of the mmr of your teammates.

Winning good.

Losing not good.

1 Like

Sometimes winning more != rating increase. If you are on losing streak, winning streak won’t bring your rating back. Unless you win way more than losing.

So if you lost 2-3 games, it might need more than 3-5 games to just fix your MMR before you can gain some rating back (maybe gained half of your lost points too). Not saying you can’t gain all back, but slower if you lost few in a rows.

This is true. If you’re in the hole after a significant number of losses then going 5-1 won’t net you much rating if any

But like, on my low CR monk that I’m terrible at and trying to learn how to heal on, I AM seeing people on glad mounts.

What gives lol. How is anyone supposed to learn how to play when LOW MMR matches are against people with 400+ honor level and glad achievements.

I’m not a healer, I am trying to learn how to heal because the queues are better and that makes the queues better for everyone else. Then I run into DH’s with glad mounts and it’s like “whelp, okay, not gonna learn a whole lot this rounndddd.”

Yep, but it’ll help your mmr get back to the point where you’re in games that’ll increase rating normally. The game just…doesn’t do a great job of explaining this.

This is a fundamental misconception of the MMR/CR system. You gain very little even going 6-0 if your MMR is close to or under your CR. Conversely, winning even 1 or 2 rounds with your MMR significantly above your CR will give you rating. It’s like a 2 step verification: do well and it pushes up your MMR. Continue to do well and it pushes up CR.

You don’t really notice it in normal arenas since your rating is changing every game but it works the same way.

About that…

Literally just had this happen, 3-3 id say 200-250ish mmr higher than my cr and gained 3 points. HYPOGGERS

My first game on my rogue i wa sput with all 1500+ mmr players and i was only one with 0 rating 0 games played it was BS and ofc it was all paladin feral and uhdk like every round