I give up on tanking

Honestly, that sort of behavior isn’t making me not want to tank. It’s making me not want to heal.

I don’t mind if I lose aggro in a low level dungeon, what I do mind is having to heal a cloth tank in a low level dungeon with a tiny mana pool and either weak or expensive spells.

6 Likes

Well said, soak most of the damage and interrupt spells, etc. Aggro is only one facet of tanking.

4 Likes

If u complaining about tanking under level 20 then ur prolly a noob anyways

One way to make sure you don’t end up on a tanks friend list and end up probably having trouble finding tanks later in the game, make their life difficult early on.

4 Likes

Join a guild

After reading most of these comments, this just proves:

Alot of these people come from retail, and never played Vanilla before.

Most of you never played a warrior during vanilla, and realized that rage generation is horrible.

Are typical short sided dps players who can’t target the focus target of the tank, or wait 5 seconds before all out dpsing.

Sorry you had to go through all that OP its not your fault, its just people nowadays are pieces of crap. You did nothing wrong don’t give up fellow tank brother!

57 Likes

I’ve done 2 DM runs, one at 17 and one at 19 both as tank and didn’t seem to have many issues holding aggro on at least 90% of mobs. You just have to use your rage first on what’s being focused and then worry about the other things, which you can usually hold on yourself for a little bit with battle/demo shout or thunderclap before you need to tab to them with sunder armor or revenge.

Taunt keeps things on you for a few seconds if you know you’re going to have the rage for a sunder but don’t quite have it yet.

Honestly it’s been super fun, holding aggro is actually a challenge now and not some snorefest where I spam one AoE while trying to maximize my DPS.

2 Likes

First, a lot of retail babies are playing classic and they dont understand threat isnt given to you like it is on retail. Secondly you are very low level still. Dont give up quite yet. it gets easier (but aoe threat will always be an issue unless u are really good and you get lucky enough to get a TF). lastly, most of the people that are “padding meters” at that low of a level will likely drop off. Once they hit the “wall” at 35+ and leveling slows down they will go back to retail.

Warrior tanks are always highly needed as they pretty much are the only class that can MT. Druids can do ok with OT (or MT patchwerk) but their threat isnt nearly as strong as warriors making them less preferred.

6 Likes

get friends man, thats literally what this mmo is about. todays retail you can blindly do anything without any community. in classic you need a guild or friends or yea… you gonna have a bad time.

2 Likes

I know it can be frustrating but don’t give up. The tanks I’ve grouped with have been pretty good about letting the dps know if they want single target or aoe. In spite of some requesting certain packs have single target and marking with a skull, there have been plenty of dps that go ham.

I think the player base will eventually come around and let the tanks and healers set the pace of the dungeon. It really isn’t up to us and if you don’t like the way someone is leading a dungeon, you’re free to leave.

There’s an alternate theory floating around which is to ignore the mob that’s being focused so you can get a good threat lead on the mobs which aren’t being focused. After a good threat lead is established taunt the mob that’s being focused :stuck_out_tongue:

Just putting it out there :slight_smile:

1 Like

The best thing I can suggest here is make friends. If you group with someone or find a healer or dps in a random group that is actually good, listens, and shares your play style, add them to your friends list. That, and a guild that shares your same WoW goals and play style.

As you get higher, this list will grow and you can make groups for anything with them.

Friends makes EVERYTHING in this game easier and more enjoyable. Give it time.

That’s not how tanking works.

A warrior trying to interrupt a spell with no rage. Good one.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Shield Bash bro come on ?? Look at his level, And it takes rage to use it, if he doesn’t have rage because he can’t hold aggro.

1 Like

Spells generate a crapload of aggro, especially in the early game, so keeping aggro is tough. Level 17-or-thereabouts is not an apt way to determine how things will go, especially when things are so very different in Legion/BfA/whatever.

Also. It’s not a bad thing if the rest of your team takes damage. Contrary to the aforementioned BfA, your party has at least five health bars, not just the tank’s. You have a massive health pool to go through before a dungeon or a fight is considered a loss.

My 14 Warrior has it. Try not to try too hard here.

1 Like

You’re missing the point just like everyone else. Nothing about what you posted is “fun” for the tank. If i’m not having fun then I give f*ck all about your health bars. I wont tank. Until you people get it through your sociopathic skulls that tanks aren’t your personal punching bags the tank shortage will be real. Respect the tank and their time. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

5 Likes

Shield Bash is not going to be used at the opportune time when he is rage starved to interrupt a cast

2 Likes

You’re taking it too serious. Yes there are a lot of people who grab aggro and that will always be the case. But people rarely die especially on trash. But even if they do you can do your thing.

I wouldn’t let impatient people stop you from doing what you want. In the higher dungeons you’ll have an easier time with aggro.

2 Likes