I give up, I'll never be a rogue

I’m not sure if there’s any help for me. I have been trying forever to play a rogue. I love the class, it’s the most fun I’ve had of any class in the game, but I plain suck at it. My DPS is horrendous, I just can’t get the rotation down, no matter what I do it doesn’t work. I have a ww monk with similar ilvl that does 4x as much damage. I could play him and enjoy the game, but deep down I really just want to be a rogue. I have read icy veins and wowhead rogue guides. I’ve practiced the rotation and I just can’t get it. It’s hopeless. I’m so bad I got vote kicked from a follower dungeon, no lie, the NPCs don’t even want me in their group! Should I just take 2 weeks off and quit?

10 Likes

Nice to see another Rogue on par with mine.

I just never could click with any of the specs. At least you got it to 70.

Apologies, but I can’t help. In fact, you are probably going to be worse now because I posted in your thread.

Sorry… :pensive:

5 Likes

I would say give Assn a try,i love it,tried outlaw and my dps is sub par,get the addon hekili,helped me alot,and dont give up

2 Likes

Well don’t give up, what exactly is the issue? What spec are you playing? I’m an outlaw main myself and I can try to help

1 Like

From looking at your profile really quick, It comes down to, you have both weapon slots filled with both one handers, you need 1h in main hand and a dagger in the off hand, you need to get ur 4/4 tier set, and you need to get your crafted helm + boots. Outlaw is a gear dependant class. You gotta get your vers up as well. Try to pug into a normal raid or LFR and spam Dawn of the infinite - Fall for ur nick of time dagger.

Line up ur crack shot windows around vanish and shadowdance, vanish is 7 seconds long and shadowdance is 5 seconds long. You can get a WA for your crackshot window timer.

ideally in a perfect pull for M+
use your AR
then slice and dice
Roll the bones
Use ur blade flurry to build up combo points, use on big packs to get max combo points
Use ur stealth windows
Ambush with 6 points and Between the eyes at 5 points.
Only use between the eyes in your stealth windows, if both are on cooldown only use between the eyes if you have 45 or more seconds on vanish as well as 20 + seconds on shadow dance.

Hope this helps a little

6 Likes

It definitely does, thanks so much for the reply and advice. I’ll give it a go!

So I’m amazed at what a difference just getting a dagger in my off-hand made. I don’t know how I missed that. I went all the way to 70 with 2 swords… Now I really feel dumb! If I could give your reply a thousand likes I would.

3 Likes

no you don’t. OH makes almost no difference.

No. 6+ always.

Actually this is a DPS loss. Use BtE outside of stealth if you still have a big CD left on vanish and SD.

It doesn’t make a big difference at all. You get a few extra IP procs and that’s it.

2 Likes

No worries, I’m really glad it helped. Don’t really listen to the other guy, this advice will help greatly, if you need anymore help Im on Stormrage ign LuckyJ

1 Like

Yeah, don’t need listen to me. Listen to the casual Andy who lies about needing a dagger OH and doesn’t gem properly.

5 Likes

Im sorry your feelings are hurt, and your ego is hurt. I helped someone with basic knowledge of the outlaw rogue, I don’t know what you’re doing besides trying to Inflate your ego. I am a casual but at least I understand basic knowledge of the new outlaw rogue… you seem confused and upset. Reread what I wrote by the way, it’s kinda funny you’re targeting me but you have a dagger in your off hand. Weird stuff man.

4 Likes

you’re the one with hurt feeling because I corrected your bad advice.

3 Likes

Okay haha, you’re wasting everyone’s time.

1 Like

You’re wasting everyone’s time with bad advice.

4 Likes

Can’t argue with a child or with a stupid person you seem like both.

2 Likes

So, let me get this straight;
You post blatantly false information, and when called out on it, your response is to; instead of having the humility to admit you were mistaken or arguing your claim in anyway, is to get butt hurt and reply with “haha ignore this guy, trust me bro!” despite having no particular credibility in any way.

And apparently now I’m the one who’s a stupid child with a bruised ego? Projecting much?

Go sit at the kids table. People like you are the reason no one recommends the forums for serious advice.

8 Likes

You win, glad you helped this forum post and the player asking a question. Good job. You’re amazing.

1 Like

Again, everything I said you do. Checked your logs and you have an off hand dagger. Don’t really know why you’re triggered. But you’re the coolest and amazing.

1 Like

Just check the Outlaw-FAQ channel op and save yourself the headache that is these forums.

3 Likes

Because that dagger is BiS.
It’s BiS because of timestrike not BECAUSE it’s a dagger. Idiot.

5 Likes

Your argument is null-n-void.

1 Like