I give up, I'll never be a rogue

Why would I want to waste my time with heroic raiding…?

3 Likes

You’re embarrassing yourself. Stop

3 Likes

Back in legion I mastered all the specs and was wiping the floor with TANKS with raid gear on my rogue.
Now, she’s blissfully retired because things are… rather changed… Unfamiliar… And truly, I NEVER got back into rogue after they got rid of the Cannon Ball Barrage.

Also, you should craft boots and wrist/belt with toxified. Not a helm. More of your bad advice I missed.

3 Likes

If I’m embarrassing myself and if I am wrong, then my bad. What I said worked for me, and helped me have my overall dps +215k and up in dungeons on my rogue LuckyJ.

I wanted to help the author of the article with basic knowledge that worked for me. Other rogue that has been commenting just wants to troll and not help; just inflate his or her own ego.

1 Like

I’m sorry your ego can’t handle having your advice corrected and you have to rationalise it as trolling.
At least I wasn’t at first, but now I’m definitely trolling you and it’s your own fault tbh.

2 Likes

Show me where Churpie told you that a dagger is needed, and to gem for crit over verse please.

1 Like

Energy regen is normalised. Nice try.

1 Like

Show me where Churpy said energy regen comes from a fast OH please.

1 Like

What a waste of time. I’m happy I originally helped the author. Thats all that matters. Peace, good luck with your gaming.

1 Like

You didn’t.

2 Likes

<3 good night sleep tight.

1 Like

It’s only 15:43 :s

2 Likes

I don’t think its necessary to get so heated on a post of someone asking for help.

A dagger OH is technically BiS because in a vacuum you get more poison procs (the only thing not normalized for weapon speed). This is an extremely minor optimization (like 0.5% or less of a gain). A dagger is BiS this season due to the free timestrike stat on the Falls dagger.

Its not incorrect, but its also not the advice I’d give to a new player struggling to figure out outlaw. It will not make a very noticable difference.

I’d highly recommend checking out the guides on wowhead or in the rogue discord (linked earlier). If you have specific questions about the spec I’d also be happy to answer.

7 Likes

Truth is high-end rogues like jpc or kushed would destroy your damage while wearing grey weapons, ultimately it always comes down to perfecting your rotation, read the wowhead guide and join the class discords.

1 Like

I am disappointed in the forum fight that happened here. I appreciate when people offer help, which is what I was looking for. Unfortunately egos always get in the way. I wish we could have a world free of hostility and hate.

4 Likes

Unless during crackshot windows. Ace procs will give you 5+ when it happens, and it’s not worth using a generator for that 1 point.

I’d say 12s on Shadow Dance. If you feel lucky you can also try 10~11s. For Vanish you’ll want it to not drop below the BtE CD, but it might also depends on whether or not you’ll want to hold your CD for a few seconds due to a burst phase. I’d say aim for using BtE at max of 42s left on Vanish. Personally I do it around 45s.

Thanks! I’m trying to find the right weakauras to keep track of all this. Suggestions?

^ Fair point!

I’m honestly not the best to ask because most I use is custom. The only Weak Aura I use that isn’t custom is for Roll the Bones: https://wago.io/Pd53s_NPU. This WA does most of the decision making for you and if you trust it blindly is good enough. I run +25 and 26 keys with this and currently 6/9 Mythic raiding with this, so it’s good enough for me.

My setup is showing WAs over my actionbars. So if I have RtB active, BF, SnD, AR, Feint, Cloak, Evasion etc, I have a WA that overlays over the actual spells (and for some another border indicating the remaining CD). This just basically comes down to knowing what buffs you have active and what abilities you can press to either pandemic, or knowing whether or not you can press it right away (like 2 feint charges).

The only WA that I do recommend to make (or get) is one that shows you when you should be pressing Between the Eyes during a crackshot window. I use the criteria of having 5 CP, I’m in stealth/subterfuge/shadow dance, it’s not on CD, and the remaining time of crackshot should is visible. If this matches, it will add an action button glow effect to my BtE button so I know when I can press it. The only decision I have to make here is whether or not I press Ambush, Pistol Shot, or BtE. I can share this WA if needed, but requires some catering to your own actionbar slots to make it work.

One other thing that I would recommend (especially for new players) is to swap Dispatch and BtE on your stealth bar. To reduce the amount of issues with crackshot and BtE you can additionally fine-tune the Spell Queue window. This is 400ms by default I think, which I have set to 180ms. This lets you worry less about that last BtE and whether or not you can still cast it, and greatly reduces the human error factor of pressing BtE by accident.

Before people come in and say this is a bad idea, no it works just fine. The stealth bar doesn’t have that delay for me since 10.2