I gained 0 rating in Blitz for winning being the lowest on my team

I dropped from 1615 rating to 1492 for losing 7 games in a row, I just won after that bad streak being the lowest on my team (the others were 1500-1600) and the others received a score above +12 and I received 0 rating … being the lowest on my team with a 1492 rating, playing against higher teams, I have received 0 for winning after 7 losses and the others on my team, being higher, received a score and I did not.
I don’t know what to think about this.

7 Likes

Treat it as normals.

Folks are abusing a lot of things about Blitz right now.

Don’t take the rating seriously.

Folks with high rating either got lucky, cheesed with certain comps/duos, abused queue dodging/sync, or a combination or those.

It’s not skill, it’s more luck than anything lmao.

BGB queue, and ratings, are pretty broken as a result.

7 Likes

MMR has a ‘fun’ feature where if you lose enough games in a row, the system thinks you were above your intended rating and prevents you from gaining CR until you’ve won a few games to ‘prove’ you’re where you’re supposed to be.

2 Likes

I would put your mains on ice, until Blizzard does something about this.

Google search shows a dozens of websites all boasting their rank 1 staff, and even the streamers are happy but man do they look tired… They are putting in the over time making that RMT cash, and Blizzard is not stopping them.

Tbh I just don’t take it seriously anymore. I do my best no matter what but it honestly just doesn’t feel like it matters at all.

I don’t know how Blizz donked up this bad but blitz was genuinely a better experience before it was rated back in DF. It was my favorite game mode by far and now it just feels like one clown fiesta after another.

4 Likes

thats the thing about this game mode

winning streaks and losing streaks literally make or break you

a phat winning streak puts you at 2600+ MMR and you just GAIN GAIN GAIN GAIN, even if u lose like 10 games u wont lose any rating cuz ur mmr is so jacked

a phat losing streak all you do is LOSE LOSE LOSE and then you have to WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN just to break back even

2 Likes

The long queue times for a +11 rating on a win and a -7 rating on a loss feels very bad when I want 1600 to get a token for gear. I’m not really wanting to PvE to get a PvP tier piece, but I honestly have no choice at this point.

1 Like

Everything you said makes sense and mmr is working as intended. Do yourself a favor and read up on the relationship between cr and mmr.

Long story short, your losing streak tanked your mmr below your cr. You will not see much cr gain until you undo your loss streak.

1 Like

A PVP Beginner’s Guide to the Dragonflight PVP Rating System - Wowhead

This is what you mean, right? It is still the same?

1 Like

Yes, all the rules still apply here. The biggest difference is that in Blitz you never see your own mmr, just the team average.

Also, you will at times be placed in low mmr games to fill out a roster to spawn more games. If you have high mmr, be wary about queuing at off-peak times.

The rating is how we get rewards though.
I had a bad streak and lost a bunch of rating. Just won 2 and gained 0 rating from both.
I want to finish the elite set, but I feel like I’m just wasting my time. It’s frustrating.

When is the best time to play?

Early in the week right after the reset, in the shared evening hours of North American east/west coast.

1 Like

if his mmr was so low then he should have gained a lot since he won when he shouldn’t have. more than likely his mmr is a good bit higher than both teams averages.

if he loses, he lost to bads. big point loss. if he wins, he beat bads. no points.

the way it averages teams is probably way too wide of a range and it’s screwing the highest mmr people on the teams.

1 Like

So far below it that the calculation, which i assume is some mutilated version of ELO from chess, treats you like you are a 2900 3s team beating a 2k team.

This is not a normal experience, traditionally speaking, for a 1500 range player in WoW. Period. If this is intended, then its bad intent. There is no reason for a player in the most populated range of the ladder to be getting MMR based matchups so insanely far below their CR that they gain zero rating for wins.

Understanding the system is important, and a lot of people on here do not, but i cannot defend what appears to be extremely overly volatile MMR that is causing major distress to the players.

This would have to be the case. Hes getting treated like hes a rank 1 player beating a 2k team in 3s when it comes to the rating math. its basically a trap game where losing is devastating

This shouldn’t be happening in the 1500s bracket where a majority of the player base is queuing though. seems like mmr is way to volatile atm

There is a reason, though. The reason is that perhaps they don’t belong in the most populated range, but in fact, below it. Everyone can’t be at 1500 and above.

Day in and day out we see these complaints about how mmr is somehow broken, when in reality a lot of them (complaints) are likely a result of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

1 Like

This doesn’t fully check out though. The reason that the population matters is that it should be lowering volatility and giving a higher % of matchups at your MMR. Players getting 0 points for wins are getting their rating to, say 1500, which requires some level of consistency, and then somehow dropping their MMR so dramatically, and so quickly, that they are now getting something like 1100 mmr games while at 1400 or where ever their CR is, resulting in no rating gain.

Do you see how at a minimum, the design is just asking for trouble? an 1100 player should never get to 1500 in the first place. something isn’t right here.

i dont disagree here. i made this specific comment recently regarding dunning kruger lol. I always inspect people’s accounts who are complaining, and many are just obviously bad players. people without even a single 1550 arena achievement.

This is likely an unfortunate necessary evil for the purpose of spawning games, as opposed to making people wait for a near perfect mmr matchup. You could make a valid argument for either way, but I see the logic.

1 Like

I was having the same situation with blitz. I only go on loss streaks now. I was fed up and started doing shuffle to see how it went. I got 1600 fairly easily (compared to blitz) and now have my tier.

You might wanna try shuffle. Blitz has been the worst PvP experience I’ve ever had from any PvP game I’ve played (FFXIV, GW2, OW2, Destiny 2, LoL, HoTS, valorant, apex and more).

I really don’t know how they’ve made the matchmaker this bad in blitz. It’s actually kind of mind blowing.

1 Like

i dont think that it needs to be perfect. its probably running on a timer and expanding its willingness to accept a larger window of MMRs the longer that people sit in queue. Id agree that this is part of the volatility.

What doesn’t add up to me is players getting so far past their true rating that they suddenly need to shave off 200+ CR to get points again. im sure it all goes back to mmr instability, but you would think that somebody who played enough games to grind out 1500 CR should have a well established MMR that isnt so wildly volatile that only a few losses can tank mmr down hundreds and hundreds of points