I fixed hunters in Arenas you guys!

Definite possible route, but makes for a lot of unfortunate issues with PvP talents.

Even right now 2/3 of our PvP talents are basically mandatory against any melee cleave. Scatter and RoS. Adding that as a basically means that we now have 3 mandatory talents. This also makes me fear just adding more “tankiness” to a game where tankiness is a massive meta issue. But maybe it has to go this route as a bandaid?

I really think Hunter needs to stay squishy, but just needs to be mobile enough to kite all melee (as had been there niche for almost a decade). Lower melee output through kiting to relieve pressure. I’d rather a slight aimed shot nerf with insta cast in a game where WWs/DHs cross the map, do 1.5x your HP bar, then re-cross the map 80 yards out anytime you get the chance to get 2-3 off consecutively than become a tank.

Force melee to have to think about chasing again. Certain melee cleaves as a MM hunter (ww/dh for example) feels like you’re playing against specs with cheat codes enabled with what they can do to you with little regard to positioning.

This is how it currently is. Our pet has to be LOS to do real damage.

1 Like

Yeah. BM. It should have been the melee spec. ‘“Getting in there” with your pet?’ Sounds like BM to me.

Well for starters I know you’ve mentioned it before but RoS/Scatter should 100% be baseline, at least for MM. We need to be able to run Trueshot talent if we want but it’s difficult to find a slot when we need every defensive talent we can get.

At least one of the three stings as an option opens up. FD trait is invaluable for maledicts removal, Spriest dots, and to counter Touch of Death damage if used right when it’s about to pop during that 99% damage reduction window. There’s some other good ones like Dragonscale versus Boomy/Spriest, but we could use some new options as well. The 5 second reduction to turtle on every Aimed shot is a leftover relic from Legion that needs a rework, etc. :wink:

1 Like

i agree, this should be reverted back to how it used to function.

nope. stand still and cast like the rest of us casters… unless we get casting on the run once more like MoP. :grin:

i haven’t played survival since the “black arrow” days, heh. but why joo wanna mimic my buffs, mon? :wink:

Piercing shot and explosive shot should work like meteor. It does a set amount of damage, and that gets split among x number of targets in the effect radius. This would allow them to be tuned a lot higher in terms of damage to one target, and would add some depth and instants to the damage kit. It would also play well with trick shots if they ever decide to fix it to 2 target minimum.

The idea would be that piercing and explosive both hit really hard, so you’d want to try and stack when they’re being used. However stacking would also open up at least one trick shots application. Explosive and piercing both lining up with trap would give you a good 30s instant burst with the outplay conditions that you stop a lot of the st pressure and theoretically break a trap by stacking on the trap and explosive target.

Those things combined with the mobility, utility, defensive suggestions I have above could give it some win conditions and not have to do very many drastic core changes to the fundamentals of the spec.

For anyone that’s interested, here’s the continuation of the bfa mm thread in items and classes:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/8-1-5-x-8-2-marksman-discussion/84343/221

3 Likes

Problem with that is the increased travel time. Trap had an arm time when there was virtually no animation/travel time when it was trap launcher. You also lose the ability to instant trap from close range basically forcing you to use the abilities together when you wouldn’t have otherwise had to.

To make the arm time work, they’d have to change the animation and that would be a much more technical change. It sounds easy when you don’t take any of this into consideration. Ideally trap would have never changed to the way it is now in wod, but it did and some things will just have to be dealt with.

Take mana rift animation, make it blue, make it so other people can eat it, another lazy fix

That’s a pretty good idea

Can you explain a little more? I don’t know mana rift off the top of my head.

Mana rift is DHs mana burn honor talent. You press it on a target, creates a swirly around them and after 2 seconds the swirly goes off and burns 8% of their mana and max hp

Can basically use the same animation here

1 Like

Ahh this is for freezing trap? Sounds pretty interesting.