I fixed hunters in Arenas you guys!

Beast Mastery, Kill Command now doesn’t suffer from LOS or Range. If the pet is on the target, it will hit.

Marksman, Aimed shot now castable while moving, Aimed Shot damage takes a 15% decrease.

Survival, Add a buff, similar to Warlock PvP buff. Stam increased 10%, Reduce incoming damage by 15%.

Small, easy changes that will bring Hunters up to speed with everyone else.

1 Like

nah this is awful

21 Likes

Oh come on! I was trying to think outside the box instead of the normal “xyz now does 15% increased damage” that blizzard likes to do.

Yes, this is awful… Changes like this will only make hunters worse.

3 Likes

Look mom I’m a World of Warcraft PvP dev!

Greater Aimed Shot PvP Talent

25 focus 40 yd range

4.5 sec cast
Requires Hunter (Marksman)
Requires level 40

Fire an immense arrow that deals up to 35% of the target’s total health in Nature damage.

16 Likes

This is more in line with something blizzard would actually do to “fix” PvP

Ha or this!

Lightning Rounds PvP Talent

20 yard range
Channeled 30 sec cooldown

Shoots the target with lightning rounds, stunning the target and dealing 48% of the target’s maximum health in Nature damage over 6 seconds.

Castable while moving.

13 Likes

Worse? Please provide and list of the DPS specs you have the most problems with in Arenas and let’s see where Hunters fall on that list.

BM should have to be 10 yards off a pillar to do any damage so you disgusting animals cant just run in circles doing nothing

14 Likes

DK’s Need a buff

Death Grip
Death grips cool down reduced to 10 seconds, it will also root the target in place for 5 seconds.

Necrotic Strike
Only hard cast heals will reduce the healing absorb

Anti-Magic Shell
Now reflects all spells

We’re sorry Sthis, It’s just that your class feedback on the forums is to adorable. You’re like a little bambi. Blizzard don’t care about us, they’ll print out your forum post an use it as toilet paper without even reading it.

4 Likes

We would never in a million years get that off though. Mage has the advantage of shimmer to reposition Gpyro for LoS and players that try to out-range them. Trust me I played 900 games this season as MM exclusively and the highest I could get was 2200 with KFC. Even then over 2k CR players were smart enough to stun/LoS my Aimed shots and completely negate my Trueshot uptime.

What marks actually needs is some sort of defensive to deal with melee pressurez. With the current build the spec’s damage is heavily tied to Aimed shot + Arcane buff procs BUT it’s detrimental to the win condition to attempt to stop kiting and press Aimed shot against double melee. So we get this awkward gameplay where we have to kite, use Rapid Fire / Arcane / Steady shot until were high enough hp to attempt an Aimed shot. The damage on those moves just isn’t high enough to generate enough pressure while running, not without trying to squeeze in Aimed Shots. It really really really sucks.

That being said MM feels 100% fine damage, defensive, and control wise against caster cleaves and caster+melee comps.

1 Like

Two things.

First, part of the issue with hunters… isn’t hunters. It’s what we can play with. Ret, priest, warrior, etc. Priests are in a bad place. Ret can pump but are a liability. etc. etc etc.

Second. Too many specs have short terms cd’s that make hunter’s burst windows less effective. While burst damage is somewhat low overall, there are just too many cds comps like thug and php have to burn through. If burst was increased some, this would be less of an issue.

Hunter’s could use some more baseline tool, but I think most of the issues hunter’s are having are less about where hunter’s are and more about where the game is at. If disc was good again… you would instantly see hunter numbers go up.

edit: Clarifying… DISC priests are in a bad place. Shadow is not.

1 Like

Moving aimed shot, no damage reduction for it being casted while moving since you only have two charges now anyways, chimera shot back that hits pretty darn hard, kill shot (25% execute that does let’s say 300% weapon damage +attack power), and I dunno, let’s say turtle reflects incoming spells for 5 seconds.

The damage isn’t fine. Your two examples of melee/caster or caster caster are just as counter to MM as double melee.

Any DK, DH, or rogue is going to land their damage if they want to stick on you and its going to significantly reduce MM damage in return.

Any shadow priest / x double caster can dampen you to a free win.

If the damage was fine a left alone MM should be able to nuke someone, esp. cloth casters, like a destro lock does to people. It hasn’t been like that at all, and won’t be based on how they are balancing the meta/hunters. It’ll be garbo tier until next expac.

1 Like

Now let me guess which spec you are playing

1 Like

BM! I hate survival if that’s what your getting at. Save Melee for the melee classes imo. I miss WoTLK survival hunter.

2 Likes

Not really a benefit; arguably not a benefit at all. We need more damage, not less.

Literally every team I play against pillar humps to keep me from attacking them at range. Maybe we should just remove the pillars so no one has anything to complain about?

Damage is there, you just can’t use it to it’s fullest in Arenas. Trueshot rotation is gimped, because you’re constantly having to kite.

Better ideas:

1. Scatter shot baseline and on disorient DR.
  2. Empty pvp talent slot filled with: Readiness, 5m cooldown, resets cooldown of turtle and exhileration.
  3. Trailblazer and binding shot switch places on the talent tree, so that postehaste and binding can be used at the same time.
  4. Honorable mention to trick shots: take the 3 target minimum out so that legitimate cleave pressure becomes a thing vs melee cleaves.

These types of things address what’s more of a problem, the non-damage utility kit. The damage is actually really good, the issue is that the spec is too squishy and doesn’t have the necessary control tools to function well as a plant and cast spec. Imagine firemage without DB, ring, shimmer, temp, cauterize, etc. It just wouldn’t work. They pruned too much of MM’s cc and defensive abilities and now it’s just inevitably behind everything else.

10 Likes