I fixed hunters in Arenas you guys!

Does DK ghoul count towards the target minimum when you’re being trained in TSG or something?

Somebody who understands the issues! Making us immune to CC during the trueshot window would obviously help with this. I wonder if there’s something milder that could help.

Incidentally, this is why casting aimed shot on the move wouldn’t help much, because we’d still get CC’d and lose our burst.

Better yet make it a stun so there’s some synergy with the rest of an arena team.

This would make us as good as double dot classes in PVE raids; I’m not sure Blizzard is willing to put us at the top there.

Letting us have momentum technique on disengage would help too.

Can confirm that MM/Fury KFC completely shuts down Spriest/Destro or Spriest/Caster comps. Just because you may struggle to do damage doesn’t mean it’s the same for all hunters, just watch Jellybeans play MM sometime to see what I mean.

1 melee 1 caster is indeed a little more difficult then double caster because the melee would typically just sit me all game waiting to stun me and keep consistent pressure. But proper use of disengage/tar traps, my healers using root/clones/hex, and scatter shotting the melee to guarantee big Aimed shots is key to controlling the game to allow me to burst.

The setup looks like this:
Warrior stormbolts healer -> trap off
Pop double tap
Scatter the melee/caster offtarget
Pop true shot, guarantee 1 big Aimed shot or rapid fire depending on position. Follow with additional Aimed shots / arcane spam / Rapid fire depending on kill target’s position.

This is part of them problem. Anyone can lay out a bunch of spells and say “This is all you need to do” This isn’t PvE where the enemy is following a script. Another part of the problem is naming rando players who have high CR. I’ve seen Holy Priests with 2200 CR, that doesn’t mean everyone can do it.

1 Like

You can go look at my hunter right now if you want, his name is Rethum and I’m floating around 2350-2400 right now. The setup I just listed to essentially get kills is consistent for our comp. Very few times are the enemies able to peel the condition where we’re turning the fight into a 3v1 for 4 seconds with trap on healer and scatter on offtarget dps. Without one of them trinketing, or for instance Destro with double coil there is limited stops for that go.

Yes MM is difficult to play right now, but I assure you it’s not damage that’s the issue it’s defensives. If left alone to cast on clothies I would head and toe be above everyone else on the charts. Even with 1 target training me I was still usually top dps. 3x Focused Fire, 3x Surging Shots traits carries a lot of the damage with Rapid Fire to allow for mobility. Usually 30-35% of my damage would be aimed, 30% Rapid Fire, and 25-30% Arcane shot.

Big aimed shot lol you must be joking. Have you seen the numbers for hunter representation? They are abysmal, KFC isn’t even a top tier comp.

No ranged hunters or hunter teams I’m aware of even qualified in the tournament. Welcomed to be corrected but that’s what I saw.

I’m not even subbed to this anymore for obvious reasons but I liked your little jab about damage. You really going to talk like that scrapping by with the spec at 2400? When the dev’s read stuff like this its what they use to reinforce not making any changes at all. If the damage was good and you setup traps then it should be well past glad viable and its not if your scrapping by with decent prior exp.

The games been reduced to the point too that every mongo can do damage, if you haven’t noticed. The rotation is literally 4 buttons.

1 Like

Even at 2200 as MM that actually put me in the top 3-5 hunters in NA not running BM/Surv for quite some time. Currently every hunter spec is suffering on the ladder, it really has nothing to do with MM specifically but just all hunter specs in general. We don’t do well in dampening meta’s because our defensives are just mediocre and we favor fast kills.

MM actually has the strongest burst in my opinion of all 3 of the specs, but unlike BM/Surv the burst is a lot easier to interrupt, LoS, peel etc. It’s more of a consistency issue then it is the numbers. Like we need a way to be uninterruptible when casting Aimed shots like locks are during wall, or able to cast Aimed shot while moving.

2 Likes

Well respect for keeping it alive, I gave up because it felt horrible. I had to swap survival to get past 2200 s1. What you suggested is what needs to be fixed, but the won’t. I’ll eat my words if they do. In the mean time you’ll have to play 10x better then the average mouth breathing DH just for a few points.

Dat hunter s beautiful

2 Likes

Absolutely on all points. I swapped to BM this week because I was sick of sitting 2100-2200 and having to play 100% perfect every game for a win. Low and behold every queue session since then I have pushed CR. Especially considering I’m playing an off-meta comp like KFC that prob isn’t even A tier at this point lol.

It’s a shame because I actually really like the current design of MM. It really reminds me of vanilla MM hunter to a certain degree, very very similar (just insert Rapid Fire for multi shot) it’s literally almost the same rotation / burst. However something about the current build just doesn’t mesh well with how other classes/specs are currently designed. It’s to much effort for to little reward trying to plant all game for Aimed Shots when everyone has high mobility now and micro CC’s all over the place.

1 Like

The issue that I keep having is that no one will take a hunter. Had to switch to BM and run 2’s because I couldn’t find a 3s team that wasn’t RMP or RMD. And when I do find a KFC it’s always “What’s your CR?” If I could get on a freaking decent team I could get some freaking CR!

This is unrelated to op, but the best thing you can do is play with a bunch of different teams primarily with Rets or Warriors just to practice. If they are so worried about CR move on. As you get better your CR will naturally get higher over time.

Always work on things like UI, focus macros, arena 123, and strats and have fun. People get over worried about CR too much.

Yeah it’s not your fault. Survival has a few good comps and so does BM, just unfortunately right now no comps really favor MM until they change something. I will say though, MM is by far the greatest RGB spec. So much fun to just shred kids from 65yards.

Just do what Zugz said and try to practice with a Ret/War/Rogue to master the spec. If you get good with it now you’ll be in a great spot if they make any favorable changes, unlike the FOTM rerollers who will have to learn how to play it :stuck_out_tongue:

Bad suggestions tbh, especially for BM

Real stuff is MM: time machine (needs a serious rework, has to have more CC than just trap, scatter trapping needs to return with arm time to make it eatable)

SV is fine meta just horrendous atm and since it’s a spec that wants to play to win and the meta is the exact oppossite of that SV struggles

5 Likes

Would also be nice if frost trap wasn’t so predictable and worked like other classes CC. I’m constantly having to guide or pull healers into them while mobile.

1 Like

I’m still disappointed that you have this mindset. This core design of MM is unlikely to ever be anyone’s favorite, just like Legion’s wasn’t anyone’s favorite. But there are changes that could be made that would make the spec playable and even competitive. It’s like you’d rather the spec just not work instead.

Best way to fix hunters is to bring back old survival hunters and change the melee hunter name to something else.

1 Like

I’m not usually concerned with locking targets down for burst. In Thug or php, You should be getting 3v1 setups. Hoj/Kidney kill target, trap heals, fear/mc off target.

Even with that though, there are just to many defensives to burn through. Like with thug, if you don’t get a trinket or major cd on the opener, that can put you very far behind in some matches. The sad thing is some specs can survive that opener with minimal cds. Thug and php are on timers. If they can’t make something happen in those first minutes in some matches, it’s basically a loss unless they can get a full reset. With the game so geared towards dampening style comps, there just isn’t enough room for setup comps outside of rmp, but that is mostly because mage damage with pyro.

Not true at all, just needs so many adjustments that I don’t even think bandaids could help lol. Imagine if you lose your arm, can’t put a bandaid on it to fix it. MM lost both arms and legs so if you want it to walk again it needs a time machine. You can live with some good surgery but then once more you still don’t have your arms or legs so it’s really rough out there.

I’d love to play MM but there’s so many things they’d need to change so unless they help adjust the rotation out and give scatter trapping back and 4 honor talents baseline for the entire game it seems pretty doomed.

2 Likes

now this is what im talking about boys make it happen

1 Like