I finally got the lucid nightmare

I finally did it, I finally beat the stupid maze, and wow was it a bad maze. IDK if I just had bad RNG, but the mazes I got were super confusing, even when I mapped them. I finally solved it by just using a rune as my starting point and running around until I found more runes and orbs, and matching them as I found them. Over trying to find all of them as the guides suggest and then turning them in.

A maze with not only a random teleport, but also undefined borders was not fun to say the least, all my maps looked like a royal mess, and I just mostly had to run around randomly to find everything.

I am glad I finally beat it as its been a thorn in myside since legion, but holy moly I never want to do something like that again.

24 Likes

I spent almost 3 hours in that maze, only to learn that there was an addon to help with it. I lost my mind twice, returned to sanity, and then by sheer stupid luck, found the last orb thing for it.

1 Like

The addon doesn’t work anymore, I had to map it out by hand, I wanted to scream by the end

1 Like

Congrats!!! That maze was a pain, I had to map it out on some paper >.<

1 Like

See, the worst part is…even with mapping it out, after I think it was 7 or so room changes, the whole maze would shift again, making the map useless.

4 Likes

Part of the issue with the maze is that there is i’m given to understand one room that functions as a teleporter and just sends you to a random room in the maze.

3 Likes

Me too! Honestly I loved it for that. It felt like such an old school concept to have to use pen and paper for a video game.

That and when you hit the edge of the maze, it would teleport you to the opposite side of the maze.

1 Like

Welcome to the club.
Maze wasn’t that bad, just a lot of impossible spaces to account for.

Grats.

That maze has caused a many of….

5 Likes

honestly, the trick with the maze is just to grab one key at a time and wander until you get to the corresponding point. It takes about an hour and it’s honestly kind of relaxing given theres no threats in the maze if you just don’t think about the time.

Congrats! You survived! (that questline was one of the rare times I just had to shut down WoW and walk away from the game for a while for my own sanity)

I didn’t know about the quirks so wasted quite some time searching down one last location before, in the middle of the night, just throwing away my maps and yoloing it in a mad collection of random turns until I stumbled upon the end. ( so basically same as you I guess :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Congratulations! :purple_heart:

1 Like

I guess kind of, I started out with the purple rune, so I would base my maps from there given I would map out how to get back. As the other neat thing I had was the room above the purple rune was the green orb. So in the end it just turned into find the purple rune and go a different direction until I found an orb and its matching rune. Then go back to the start and rinse and repeat until all I had left was the purple orb, which was annoyingly close to the purple rune, but took me the longest to find.

1 Like

this is one of the few things i had to walk away from.

i still carry the stupid mask in my bag… i might go back… one day.

usually i’m quite happy to bang my head against a wall for hours at a time.

this one just broke me :sob:

4 Likes

I did it a while back, no addon, just pen and paper. Had a blast, so nostalgic.

Grats!

Congrats, Shocckington! I still need to work on getting this particular mount myself sometime in the future!

All I can say is I wish you the best with the maze, from my research it can either be very easy, or very difficult, and I feel like I got the difficult ones XD

Congrats! I spent about four hours in that maze, and two of them were after I had planned to log out and go to bed. :smiley: It’s a pain.