I feel sorry for the WoW team

When there’s a wet floor, and you say to the employees,
“Hey guys. You should put a wet floor sign down.”
and then they proceed to not do that.

Then a woman slips on that wet floor, breaks her arm, and sues the company.

THEN the employees put a wet floor sign down.

Our little walnut Clark here goes up to the employees and says, “Thank you so much for putting that sign down. You guys are doing such a good job. :)”

39 Likes

I just wanna know what they expect Blizzard to do.

They made a mistake. They even said they should have listened to feedback during Beta. Now they’re fixing it.

What more do these perpetually outraged people want? Oh right . . . to be perpetually outraged.

5 Likes

No, we should be grateful that the devs are finally listening to our voices after the game has reached a state of decay that would have been avoided if they had listened to us before.

What they are doing, right now, is not to our liking but to save their own lives.

I still hope to see needed and requested changes being made in the future, before I say my thanks, after years of devs deaf ears.

Have Mercy. :clown_face:

2 Likes

I don’t agree with the “regardless” part of your statement.

People can be grateful that changes are coming while also pointing out the fact that the timing makes this feel very much like an emergency button has been pressed. While I do believe these fixes have likely been worked on long before the lawsuit, I would imagine it was in response to their mismanagement of 9.0 and still comes off as being an emergency reaction.

Now, a healthy amount of cynicism is good to have; Blizzard has screwed up in the same way for three expansions now, where they flat out ignored player feedback only to give players exactly what they provided feedback long after people have already left due to being ignored. But in the same breath, there’s no benefit to condemning them or mocking their decision to do this now.

The problem is, this is just a continuation of what they did in Legion and Battle for Azeroth. However, if they show actual improvement and change to their philosophies after this, then they may start to earn back respect. Ultimately they have shattered a lot of faith in the community, and there’s a significant amount of work to improve that perception. This is a good start, but is this going to carry over to the following patches or are we just going to end up with more unwanted systems and ignored feedback only for them to do the exact same thing as here and put in the fixes after the expansion has progressed?

I’m happy that they’ve made these changes, but their negligence of the game and gross incompetence towards this expansion caused many of my closest friends to delete their World of Warcraft accounts for good. So this is very much something I need to see more of to give them any more of my faith that they earned just a little bit from these big changes.

24 Likes

Don’t forget about the part in your metaphor where Clark was telling everyone asking for a wet floor sign that they were wrong for asking for it.

Clark was very anti-feedback of any kind on these forums. If you weren’t licking a boot, he didn’t want you here.

24 Likes

I feel that, for the most part, the blame resides in the executive suite - that is to say above Ion.

3 Likes

Would be more common sense to see where you’re walking to

So for an example:

Do you drive while in tunnel vision when you’re out and about?

Id love to see how you react when people send you sh&t food in a restaurant. do you just gobble it up like the good boy that you are?

6 Likes

I would too, everyone have bad days

Legion beta - They were told the Legendary system was awful, and unbalanced. Your classes performance was completely down to RNG. They didn’t add a fix for it until 7.3

BFA - They were told that Islands are boring, Warfronts are pointless and Azerite gear is awful. 2/3 were never fixed and the third wasn’t fixed till 8.3

Stop pretending like this is the first time this has ever been a problem with the modern dev team.

27 Likes

This is precisely the most maddening part of it. Of course I’m glad for the changes, but it’s hard to mold my way of thinking in a way that I’m hopeful for an actual change in design philosophy. Fool me once… and here we are for the third time.

2 Likes

I feel sorry for the players because we still have the same WoW team.

13 Likes

That’s what happens when you squander your good faith with your customers.

13 Likes

It could also be they’ve seen feedback, but weren’t able to incorporate it due to what they were already working on, or wanted to see how the things what they had been working on actually worked/were received on live. There are a lot of people who give feedback before even trying the changes or new things devs have made. (Or they’ll try to speak for more then themselves) With how last year went perhaps they are just trying to catch up.

I had a grilled chicken sandwich from Jack in the box

It was a little cold and a bit tough, but because it’s fast food, I still ate it regardless because it’s not a big deal

If it was Chef Ramsay’s restaurant, maybe I’d voice a concern

But I’m not going to yell at the 16 year old kid working behind the register screaming “MY FOOD IS BAD YOU SHOULD BE FIRED”, stuff happens

I’m not going to waste time at a fast food restaurant for a complaint I’d move on

I leave the restaurant rather than stay and whine about it.

They didn’t listen to feedback, then they listen to feedback and you whine about them listening to feedback.

The fk you do. youll ask for a refund at the very least. dont act all nice like we owe them anything. this is a paid service yo

14 Likes

this would have been a good argument during Legion. But after they do the same thing in 3 expansions You have to start questioning Blizzard’s sincerity. They had this feedback all the way in Beta. They ignored it. Then after over 1/2 the players quit they say “Hmm, I guess they don’t like that.” And then fix it and then we all praise them for it. Perhaps this time we should be a little skeptical. Perhaps this time we should not say “Good job Blizzard.” And instead, try. “What the hell took you so long?”

25 Likes

Game development has always been a catch-22. Damned if you do damned if you don’t. If you release a game too early it’s buggy and people are mad if you release it to late people are still mad. I feel more bad for indie devs though, they usually have a lot more social anxiety and are burdened with heavy expectations at times too.

I think it’s how they did it more the way they did it. We all knew from 9.0 that they’ll be doing it sometime in the future. I try not to be a negative person but every player base know that the decision they’re doing it dumb and they now changing it to what we all think should happen and hiding it behind “content”