I feel like everyone plays WoW yet no one plays WoW

The current iteration of the game is unending with seasons and constant moving goal posts.

Players that have played wow forever and aren’t good any more have probably given up on the grind and just plunk around doing whatever. The others in that category couldn’t put up with the grind and quit. Hence the exodus from the last 3 expansions.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s the grind, per say, it’s just bad content that you have to grind. Grinds can be done well. This just isn’t it.

Well, all i know is the game feels really dead now. And only a week or so before a new xpac. It’s kind of surreal.

2 Likes

Today I done some solo shuffle, some M+, some LFR, some heroic warfront, and grinded 100k doing callings and ZM chest loop. How much more I gotta play before I’m a player?

It turns out wow was the wow killer.

2 Likes

Yeah I just try to do content for fun. I don’t take it to some insane extreme where I need to sim every single talent cause I want to do 2.48% more damage in aoe or single target while pushing for bis and whatever else. Not to mention trying to parse at the top like anyone really cares what my parse is beyond how it can help them get pixels with a number attached.

To me the end game in this game has always been overly hostile and annoying because of the people that play the game. But some patches are also really good and make me want to try harder at least.

casual content is fun as hell. most ppl are casuals

1 Like

Well, is it 800 people or 800 characters? I mean, my old main guild has about 600 ‘characters’ and is pretty well dead (or possibly in hibernation). The number shown as ‘members’ can be wildly misleading.

1 Like

The people you are looking for are less typical than you think.

1 Like

Are you me? :joy:

1 Like

they haven’t been the same. Blizz keeps removing guild perks periodically. Their philosophy is always opposite of the fanbase lol

My prot pally used to tank dungeons in Legion using a rotation addon. All my alts used it. After it broke, back to hitting buttons doing whatever and seeing things die.

I am somewhat informed. But it never ceases to amaze me when somebody says something that makes me feel like a genius. I got to explain to somebody who was doing mythic+ dungeons how raider io works. I have people on my friends list that I can’t even figure out what they do, since they don’t understand even the basics of gearing.

I share you sentiment I work a reg job…I’m a regular person live in Florida…When I advised them I play world of Warcraft there cool I used to play that game…then I have to ask retail or classic…etc…it’s a conversation starter but now everyone plays console…Xbox ps,3,4,5…Nintendo switch…etc…which I have no idea about. for the life of me cannot know how to operate those control lers…I have tried many times I’m not ambidextrous…a,b,c,x,square circle triangle…huh??. I will stick with pc games

3 Likes

You basically described me also lol

1 Like

this. I made many alts in legion chromie time. I go back to legion for stuff like artefact appearances, raid hunts, etc. place never gets really old or hated to me. most times its fun to do tasks there.

good story I actually like. Only stormheim is not liked since that to me was force fed grrrr! I hate you. especially when placed next to say hunter order hall. So confused…she sends me her best dark rangers. wants alliance dead in stormheim. umm, why send dark rangers at all?

so I tend to skip stormheim. leaves well over 75% of the game to play in.

BFA I was down to less than 50% and SL like 25%. I pvp’d most of it. my only sl link was the pvp vendors and quest givers. I deem my forced attendance for 50 to 60 an unfun chore. a chore that ends soon. and there was much rejoicing.

if by chance they like classic would have brought back battlemasters for weekly quest pickup/turn in and let the pvp vendors in main cities carry SL gear…I’d have never seen even Oribos really.

It’s what I did later phase TBCC. SW had it all for me. I didn’t even see shattrath much beyond a transfer point to quel’danas. same for wrath even. I don’t do arena so no need to see its arena vendors in wrath dalaran sewers. The kind vendors and battle masters of SW hook me up. I swing by WG open world for quest stuff is all.

1 Like

In Soviet Russia WoW plays you!

Yeah I mean I’m mainly a vanilla classic player but I would be all about playing Legion again. They should just do Legion classic after Wrath hah. That would literally merge classic and retail players. I bet it would be a huge success.

The first i felt of this is when they created zone phasing. When you are running around with someone and they are not on the exact quest or questline that you are on and everyone disappeared. Granted this was years and xpacs ago. I did not like it.

1 Like

Hell I’d settle just for a revamped guild finder or just one that works in general. The one we have right now is busted and has been for a long time. You could see 5 people from a guild in front of you, /who that guild and maybe only 3 of them show up.

2 Likes

I just imagine if chat in-game, was equivalent to the forums. Where you can even post pictures, have a upvote system. Emoji’s, a prestige system. It makes sense since most of the people play in this digital frame of mind.

1 Like