If you haven’t read the post and then watched yesterdays’ video from the community council and devs chat about Ulduar PTR:
- They are investing time on preparing the “heroic+” by adding SoM elements to it (modifying heroic end bosses for example).
- This content will be dead in the water and will suffer from the same issues we have today: the pool of players participating on this content will be medium at start and then very low at the end, because it is SERVER ONLY. As it happens with heroics it will happen also with the heroic+.
- Dropping Naxx 10 gear on those also isn’t attractive to players because they’re past that content and will focus on Ulduar that will drop now higher item level.
- It makes me wonder why are they spending time making content that will not be as used as much from players. What is the purpose of investing developer hours on those? all based on a shallow and empty “classic philosophy” that is not classic at all?
- If that would come with cross-realm queue at least, then we could say it wouldn’t be a problem. But again, repeating the very same mistakes for what, pride? They know the 3 letter solution to this and are still trying to force their hand.