I fear for blizzard future Under Microsoft

Bill Gates hasn’t had anything to do with MS for almost a decade lol

The IP is still owned by MS, if they make another one it will just be under a different studio.

It will be rush, It will be half butted, And Will not be same with what happen, It be a rush Dev hell job…

You think they’re “mindful of revenue, IP, and brand” and that they’re going to trash the IP, forever split the brand into two mutually hostile camps, and completely tank their revenue in the process?

1 Like

And likely won’t be as good.

wasn’t part of the agreement microsoft had with the government that blizzard is essentially required to run as an independent business entity?

Microsoft already gutted Overwatch and canceled Blizzcon. Yeah, the drain is being circled. Hope we can manage the whole expansion trilogy before the end.

1 Like

Blizzard gutting Overwatch before even being owned by MS lol, and theres nothing to announce at Blizzcon this year so why waste the money?

1 Like

Aren’t they planning showing up to multiple smaller events around the country instead? After the last couple of blizzcons it is probably the best move lol. I’m only hoping they will still give us a chance to purchase goody bags around the bigger events they do have. Like for 30th anniversary.

2 Likes

I haven’t really enjoyed the direction the game has taken BEFORE the sale to MS went through, either.

1 Like

An opinion from someone that actually owns a decent chunk of Microsoft stock. As long as Blizzard makes money, MS will keep them around. Used to own a decent chunk of Activision/Blizzard, and even though it was losing money before the acquisition we held it knowing that once the sale went through, we would profit. As a player, I would like to see WoW stick around. As an investor, I wouldn’t count on all 3 announced xpacs making it to the shelf.

1 Like

There are around 7.5 million active subs right now between all WoW versions. That makes WoW still the most played MMO, more than all the others put together, and a massive money maker for MS. Heck i’m willing to bet its in the top 5 most profitable games MS has now.