I fear for blizzard future Under Microsoft

This said it all I still fan of Hi-Fi Rush now… That gone… how long untill Blizzard get eaten by Xbox? for what, Bad sale on exp, bad rep for overwatch, not meeting the sale quta on hearthstone, We lost bobby, But like Akama once said: But we trade One Evil CEO for another…

8 Likes

I think the major difference between these games is that the games made by the conglomerate formerly known as Activision-Blizzard-King still make boatloads of money.

Shame about Tango. The Evil Within games were some of the most mediocre games that I really enjoyed.

4 Likes

I Still hoping for evil within 3 to pick up what happen in 1st game… but not much like Overwatch 2 storymode IT NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!

1 Like

I’m literally shaking right now.

Bill Gates will save us!

Tell that Tango Gameworks… Did Microsoft save them, Like Lionhead and rare?

No… Look what they did to Tango gamework LOOK AT THEM LOOK AT THEM!!

Blizzards survival has always depended on profits, Microsoft didn’t change that.

3 Likes

Got to this part in the article:

In an email to staff sent by Matt Booty, head of Xbox Game Studios

And I knew right away that we are in good hands

4 Likes

We Doom Hi-Fi Rush game that won many awards, Now It dust as Xbox just another EA as Sony is no better… It time To Hurt Microsoft, Hurt them in there pockets…

The way I see it, Microsoft is very mindful of revenue, IP, and brand. They aren’t going to just throw away good value, but they may take it in a different direction. I was super reserved about Minecraft when they took it over, but if anything they have grown it way beyond what it was then. If they see any game as too “niche” they may likely expand it to suit a bigger audience or adapt it to their hardware (XBOX, or Next Gen XBOX whatever that looks like in development).

So think of them viewing WOW, not as a single “game” that some people play, but as an IP. That IP has loyalists and can be expanded into other markets, find new life/new players new revenue. I don’t work for them, but if I did, I would be targeting WOW as it exists now for decommissioning and start development on WOW2 (whatever that is going to look like) in tandem. Things WOW2 would include is ease of entry, casual friendly, maybe controller friendly, built on new HW/SW standards that have better visual graphics, interoperability, etc. etc. I absolutely want WOW as an entity to continue, but looking at it, playing it with fresh eyes, this iteration needs to go. It does not presently fit a modern game model.

Prediction: 3-5 years until WOW is sunset and WOW2 is launched

Prediction 2: once we get over the “I wish we could go back to…” phase we will actually find WOW2 to be a fantastic game with great stories, great characters, great gameplay and we will continue to play and enjoy it.

1 Like

or Prediction 3 Wow2 is Rush Buggy Cash grab, That Take years to fix and even then it just a dead horse as most of us be stuck on wow one case Wow2 is just dead… And Microsoft pull the plug on blizzard.

I mean… Matt Booty is a pretty good name. But why not Max booty? :upside_down_face:

Idk if there is any man alive who has the power to wield such a name

3 Likes

Still I call for Riot in Hurtting Xbox/Microsoft Wallets this should not happen

I like Microsoft. The whole gaming industry is really changing and how we access new games and experience them. Honestly I feel like wow is in good hands. They’ve already announced the next three expansions so we have at least 6 more years of new experience to come. lol

And we have classic wow. And all this other stuff. We have a lot. This is awesome.

5 Likes

I would assume they didn’t pay all that money to buy activison blizzard to close it. They were only closing indie devs it seems which Blizzard isn’t as much as people like to joke they are.

3 Likes

So far, they seem to be leaving WOW alone. The properties they really wanted were COD and Candy Crush. It actually wouldn’t surprise me if they sell Blizzard at some point.

2 Likes

I"m sure hi-fi rush fan and The evil within fan want have word

All in all Screw Microsoft, They Kill Fable, They now Kill Hi-fi rush and Evil with in no more we Need to riot

1 Like

that seems a bit fast and I think one shouldn’t underestimate how many people play this game for almost no reason other than they’re used to it being a part of their life. Why would a new, different game become a part of their life if all of the nostalgic memories and collections aren’t in it and - on the other hand - if they were to be transferred to it, why even make a new game then rather than further develop the already existing?

4 Likes