I don't want to need mods

Ah gotcha…

Yeah, I use this addon quite a bit.

This isn’t meant to come off rude, but you not choosing to use addons is a personal decision, and one that’s sort of in the minority. The reason WoWhead uses such is because it’s common that people use basic addons at the bare minimum. Coordinates, a damage meter, DBM, Gladius, OmniCC / Omnibar, etc.

All of those are basic things that most UI’s should come with in some form or another simply based on the idea of performance. Can you do it without? Sure. But then you run into that issue where the world keeps spinning even if you don’t want it to.

4 Likes

Try that for Camel Hoarder. Or for the void fragments in Uldum now that are probably the same tech that let you turn into and PvP as a rare mob. Even TomTom doesn’t make that a reasonable process.

I prob will lol I do that with every quest I needa do and have been just fine .

It’s just hard to follow coordinates without TomTom and WowHead is their main source of info. The game links to WoWhead, so it seems like to use it, I need to use TomTom. I’d just like to see some love to the UI. I think it’ll come. I don’t think they could do it this time moving as they were to DirectX 12.

Why does this need another thread?

Yeah idk I just look at the map where the yellow dot is n go there ingame :joy:

It’s the crack.

To be blunt, if you have a problem with modders you have a problem with gaming in general.

A developer cannot possibly make everyone happy with their designs. Addon developers give us the power to completely control and customize how we interface with the game and that’s not something I would ever give up in my RPGs.

Looks like OP edited the post. Look at my quoted reply. He said "when we finally do say enough is enough. Sounded like he meant that he’s almost had enough of retail.
I already had enough of retail, hence why i said thats why im on classic… because i had enough of retail.

To be blunt, I want TomTom in the game if WoWHead is gonna rely on it and Blizz is gonna rely on WoWhead.

You can’t look at a map, identify the X/Y axes, and approximate coordinates or take the twenty seconds of installing a coordinate addon?

1 Like

The nightmarish paste coordinates for finding rare mobs such as Frightened Kodo, the void fragments in Uldum that let you become a rare mob, or Camel Hoarder, these almost can’t even reasonably be done without mods. I’ve tried and given up.

At the end of 8.2 I actually did Uldum because as a DK I didn’t, and I spent hours flying around and never ever saw a single tiny statue, void piece, nada. I’ve never seen the frightened kodo, either. I have all my nameplates on. I tried spamming /tar fright a bit but that seems very local.

So… download the addon. Disable it when you don’t need it.

It is incredibly simple, user-friendly, and accessible. You don’t even have to write the code or manually install the .zip files.

Your laziness and/or obstinate refusal to mod your game is not Blizzard’s problem.

1 Like

You lost me.

You’re the lost one without coordinates :rofl:

1 Like

They had much different titles (kinda petty) originally and were both misplaced and I screwed up. Once I renamed them I realize yes they’re the same; I wish I could combine them.

Spacegoat says what?

Space goat says

2 Likes

They still get my money.

We can pilot you anywhere. We have only crashed a few ships. Our safety record is… stellar.

1 Like