I don't want the payment change

but what happend with young players who cant get credit cards?

2 Likes

I would imagine the option for them is to buy the game cards or blizzard balance cards from game and electronic shops. Interestingly the old Blizzard game cards, the only non-credit/debit card payment option available, were locked in at 60 days.

So I mean, in that respect, the non-ongoing game-time options have been consolidated.

no all countries have that :c

Really? No sarcasm here I swear, is there like a list of the ones that don’t have them?

All you need to do is use a pre paid credit card or gift card to pay. They don’t auto renew with that - or at least never used to that was before tokens I used to pay that way.

However, make darn sure you don’t have a real credit card number on your account, the one time I really wanted to quit they took that opportunity to hunt around my account for a real credit card and charge that. Up to that point in time they would just terminate my ability to play each month.

prepaid credit cards or gift cards use to work just fine

Agreed. This is how I always paid for my subscription.

they aren’t connected - they tried to do this same bizarre type of breakdown of fees for Canadians. There is some administrative cost they are trying to avoid here and it is too early for me to figure out what.

You make comments like that yet you’re still here playing doesn’t that make you kind of look like a fool?

I mean last time I checked to sit there and pay for something that you don’t enjoy just kind of makes you a fool

Their parents have to pay for their sub every two months instead of every month no big deal.

I recently made a similar change in the way I buy dog food I used to buy it once a month but since the store is so far away I now go once every two months and buy two bags instead of one. The price hasn’t changed. The only thing that’s changed is how often I pay for it

This whole thing is people making a big deal about nothing as usual. Psychologically people like to complain and rally against things. People like to have an antagonist to stand against. It gives them a feeling of self-worth and gives their life purpose.

This is a psychological fact and psychologists have been doing studies on this for years

1 Like

There is no contradiction between that comment and them playing. They didn’t claim they don’t enjoy the game, they are just saying it isn’t doing as well as some people claim it is.

Honestly what most people can hope for is the game to go into the tank because once it’s in the tank blizzard will be forced to start listening to the players and doing more of what they want and then the game can start leading in a more positive direction and people start coming back.

This is why in much smaller games the Developers always seem to be more in touch with their player base and the reason for that is that they have to be.

In Blizzard’s place they have become a conglomerate and no longer feel they have to do that

1 Like

Yep, but all the jurdictions in the states, have written in the law that if said service tells you up front that it will be a Recurring subscription…and one has the option to Unsubscribe anytime to said service then that is fine…

There is no state law that I know of, That bans it completely even if they do tell the customer it will auto renew

Without a reason why, yes, it’s arbitrary. Without explaining it, it’s one of the very definitions of the word:

unrestrained and autocratic in the use of authority.

2 Likes

You can cancel your subscription right after subbing if you’re worried about the recurring sub.

This would defeat the purpose of this business model that has existed for decades. I agree auto-renewal shouldn’t exist, but this is nothing new.

Not everything is a conspiracy buddy.

It’s crappy but I think people are getting way too upset over this.

1 Like

are you mentally ill? you’d have to do it every time you wanted to do your sub.

I wish for the day that some real corporate accountability one day. People bends over backwards to defend corps and make any ^&&^ excuse to bash customers, the poor, and etc.

This is a great way to lose player base that paying to keep this game form going to F2P.

1 Like

This will have absolutely no negative impact on profitability.

I went the bnet balance route to perhaps have for something else, I didn’t want to be forced to go the sub another month option because I don’t play in a way that makes me sure I want to go another month.

Having it convert to bnet balance gave me that freedom of choice. Now if I go that route, I’m potentially locked into 60 days if I choose to resub.

Crummy change to be honest.