I don't want the payment change

Reread what you wrote. You explicitly said that 90 and 180 day subscriptions were removed. They weren’t. Nothing has changed with the subscription model.

The game time model is the only thing that changed.

Gotta give folks a break sometimes. Reading is hard. :wink:

1 Like

He said non subscriptions.

3 Likes

D’oh. My mistake, I missed those three little letters. Apologies to Impsie.

4 Likes

This is correct.

1 Like

I don’t remember people being so prone to outrage in the old days. People were rude and they’d complain alot, but they wouldn’t go out of their minds like some do now, it must be a millennial thing. :laughing:

Nope, i consent to THAT purchase, not future purchases, or intended purchases.

No its not. It’s a fiscal responsibility debate.

If i pull the trigger for a single purchase, it’s very likely I intended to reap the benefits of that purchase. It’s also up in the air on whether or not i will continue to want to purchase (not just from blizzard but ANY company).

Money isnt tight for me, also a “fool and their money are soon parted”.

Those are not the terms of the transaction, no matter how you try to twist it. It is sold to you as a recurring subscription.

Easy solution: cancel your subscription right after renewing it. This’ll save you all this moral dilemma-type of fixation you’re having.

1 Like

deal with it. We can see how blizzard is pretty much worse than EA at this point. Boosts in classic, store mount in TBC, minimum 2 month sub if using bnet balance. Bobby needs his 5th yacht.

1 Like

Implied consent.

Informing you isn’t the consent part, you clicking the button after being informed is.

Its literally 2 extra clicks to cancel.

Just keep in mind folks, if this set of changes works and generates the additional income they are looking for, by the end of the year when the Blizzard financial types are scraping the barrel looking for ways to shore up their bottom line, the 60 day minimum one time purchase will go up to 90 days, or even worse to 120 days or more.

Mark my words, I am a wise cow with the power of sight and this will come to pass.

/moo :cow:

3 Likes

ok :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Also, I’m selling tin foil hats, 5g each, or 5 hats for 20g.

Buy them now and give them to your friends!

/moo :cow:

The consent is hitting purchase after acknowledging the sub renews.

Yeah that is what I be worried about too with this change… it is like another poster said with the ‘boiling frogs scenario’…

Slowly seeing what they can ‘get away with while still making shareholders happy’. Really this screams sleazy with them springing this change out of nowhere with no week or even months heads up about it. There is no way this will slow down bots either, that is just a stupid argument. It is merely trying to shove people into a subscription payment plan. I will not be doing a subscription payment plan either, I don’t trust those systems and would rather pay for something manually then let a program handle my money.

7 Likes

I don’t mind subscribing, personally, but it’s something I do when I know I’ll be playing for a while. When I feel like playing for a while.

Sometimes I just want to pop in and see what’s going on in the world of WarCraft - that’s something I’d usually buy a month for, something I can’t really do anymore. There’s no way I’m dedicating myself to two months to do so, and the process of subscribing and canceling is just enough effort to render my curiosity moot.

I find it absolutely insane that I’ve been told I ‘may as well quit’ because my mild curiosity and urge to play the game doesn’t fling me into outright commitment. For a forum full of so many casual players, you’d think popping in every now and then to play would be more normal.

6 Likes

The electric rates in Texas called. They have proof that “consumer accountability” is a myth. Consumers are busy and have more important things to do than make sure to unsub at “just the right time”.

If they’re going to do this, then the default needs to be to not auto-renew. That would then mean that Blizz just wants to force people to keep their CC numbers on file, which is also super fishy.

At the end of the day all we know is that this was an arbitrary and anti-consumer change that needs further explanation.

4 Likes

Nonsense. It takes 1 minute, and you only have to do it ONCE in your lifetime. That’s not “tedious”.

What a nonsensical accusation.

No, we don’t “know” that at all. Why was it “arbitrary”? Where is your evidence, information, proof, or even logic? You just made it up.

Blizzard made this change after doing a player survey. So you can only blame players for this, not Blizzard.