I don't want the payment change

It was removed though (along with the 90 and 180 day non-subscription options), and now it’s only available in 60-day increments.

4 Likes

If you actually clicked that link and weren’t blind about it you’d see that it says 60 days of game time instead of 30 for $15.

5 Likes

Didn’t see that change. That’s really bothering to see.

4 Likes

the renewall / consent thing IS an interesting debate

and I can see merit on a few points from both sides.

Just want to point out that in some jurisdictions, Auto renewal of a CONTRACT is illegal already.

EG: You sign a 6 month service contract. That service provider at 6 months cannot auto-sign you to a NEW 6 month contract. However, they can transfer you to a month to month auto-renewal at current rates. Cancellable at any time by either party.

Blizzard’s (and many others) monthly subscription renewals likely will not be considered illegal anywhere, since you can cancel at any time without penalty.

2 Likes

Some of you must of forgot all the crying about 180 day subs and the free stuff that came along and oh i quit or i ain’t grouping with people who have the darter things lol also the 90 day things. one day people will quit whining about stuff and these dumb changes will never occur.

1 Like

As in most cases, however, legality and morality are two entirely different things.

Sure, it’s totally legal to remove this option from players, to give them the ‘option’ of subbing and unsubbing, but is it moral? That’s where the questions reside.

As someone who’s been charged, despite canceling a sub, for canceling “incorrectly”, because I didn’t tick a box at the very end of the process, or something similarly inane? I don’t hold much sympathy for companies that attempt such things.

5 Likes

What are you talking about? You can still sub at 15 a month.

I’m well aware of the difference dont’ worry. I’m not siding here.

I am for more protections and ease of access to remediation for those who are abused by corporate practices.

I was merely commenting on the debate of whether or not the auto-renewal of a month to month subscription would count as a contract or not.

3 Likes

The terms of the subscription are laid out clearly and in plain English before you complete the transaction. You hitting the subscribe button is your consent.

If you paid $15 for a month of game time and then they said, "oh, by the way, … ", you’d have a point, but that’s not what’s going on here.

1 Like

Guys, they will change on how subscription charges work i can bet, because there is no way that they will let people to freely sub/cancel, especially if there are even more people doing it in the near future. Expect at least a delay in how much time it has to pass from subscribing to canceling it. They are not going to let people continue doing this freely, its an abuse of the system.

6 Likes

Yes, because that’s what a subscription is.

There’s nothing shady, just a fundamental lack of understanding on your part of how subscriptions work.

3 Likes

I would imagine you are correct. They are “inching” everyone towards a subscription that will look good on their bottom line. It maybe months before it is fully realized but I agree, something is on the horizon… otherwise if it were not, they would have not changed it.

2 Likes

I bet that they had data that showed them that people who purchased game time on a monthly basis were people who stopped paying every time there was a slight problem with the content,so they changed it to “encourage” them to pay and stick around longer.

Remember, if you can lock people for longer periods of time, not only can you charge them more, they are less likely to leave the game during content droughts because of the time they paid.

4 Likes

i dont give blizzard my cc or any account why they charge and dont ask you

Other way 'round. Subscriptions are still available in 1-, 3-, and 6-month increments.

Game time is only available in 60-day increments (formerly available in 30, 90, and 180 day increments)

1 Like

That’s what I said though.

3 Likes

I see no difference. If you were buying game time, you knew you were running low. You can literally sub then cancel every month if you really want to. Personally been on month to month since Cata. I learned back then that those save money deals save you nothing in the end if you start getting bored.

Generally if I get that bored/angry I am hitting that cancel anyway, and let’s be real, these people outraged here would do the same, or not, I know some value forum pvp more than anything they put out…

1 Like

Subscription fees or frequencies weren’t changed at all. You can buy game time separately as a one time payment (no subscription).

Do you people even read before complaining?

When did people get so dumb? It’s like people see something, don’t read about it or check it out, and just go off into outrage-land. It isn’t just here, it’s even worse on Twitter.

Is it an addiction to outrage? Are we all just looking for drama? It’s messed up and out of control. Is it that everyone is looking for attention?

I’m old and tired of it. I prefer to check something out before I get mad about it.

3 Likes

The Covid Crazies, I swear the longer it drags the worse it gets!

1 Like