I don't understand

I’m terribly sorry this happened to you. Lately it seems defending a contested bunker that you could lose to the enemy if you leave seems to be a heinous sin worth reporting players over. Honestly if people report players for sitting in a CONTESTED tower or bunker then the players who reported you for it should be the ones getting punished for it. We shouldn’t be forced to stay with the group just to avoid the risk of being reported AFK. We should be able to play the game how we want while also of course avoiding the obvious like AFKing in BGs.

Good luck convincing 39 other people you’re doing a quest. Its taken me several AV’s in a row to complete a single quest before. A lot of players feel forced to stay with the crowd just so they don’t get mass reported. It shouldn’t be like this.

1 Like

You are sure bent on me having any sort of thoughts or opinions on any of this whole muck.

I shared what Vrak and others have been repeating for a few months now. Obviously, it’s something quite a few people had no clue about. I didn’t make these new rules or even advocated for them in any fashion. I honestly have no feelings on them at all as I (a) don’t play classic but in passing and (b) surely don’t PvP there.

I have shared the Blue posts in hope that word gets out to prevent sanctions. I’m not sure how that is somehow sinister? But looking at your own posting history, nothing I or anyone else says will matter. Your mind is made up in how you believe things are or how they should be.

Now, in hopes the OP doesn’t get their thread locked as well, I would suggest you keep your thoughts and opinions to the GD threads. This forum isn’t one for discussion and debate, especially of sanctions. If you’d like to see changes made to how things are done, posting in any other public forum constructively will do the trick of getting your thoughts out to the masses and the staff who can do anything with it.

1 Like

Umm…

Yea…

You can stop replying to me now because clearly you and I see this differently and we’re getting nowhere.

And yet you still responded to me. And yes, my mind is made up on how I believe things should be. I’m also not alone in that thinking either.

The GD thread is where the developers and CMs will look for suggestions and feedback. They do NOT come to the Customer Support Forum for those at all. Also, any post in good standing may post here as it is a player assist player forum with blue moderation when and if needed.

1 Like

You left out the rest of it.

1 Like

Ok. Then kindly stop “discussing and debating” with me otherwise I will respond to you.

That works both ways.

11 Likes

With the wave of unsuspensions based on “incorrect data” it seems your explanation here is totally wrong.

4 Likes

With the insistence that suspensions are not even slightly automated it seems strange that humans were tricked by a computer bug.

For the record, my explanation was me sharing what the SFAs had been telling us for nearly a year now - not something I coined up. And while several threads have been locked up where I had said it (as I’ve said many times), Blizzard isn’t perfect. I don’t think they are, they admit that they’re not. If they were perfect and unquestionable, the appeals process wouldn’t be necessary. That there is an avenue to appeal is proof enough of that. I’ve also explained in other threads that we do see people win their appeals. Often times they’ll come back here and let us know how it turns out.

Now, to answer your thread you started and deleted - no. There is no way that every single person who was sanctioned in that wave were all due to renew their subs right before the wave went out. It would have been bad luck that it happened that way for you. What I can offer though, is that if your sanction is overturned? Once that is established, you absolutely can ask for them to credit your account for the days lost. I’ve yet to hear someone be denied that in the case of someone being sanctioned by mistake.

3 Likes

Is derailing a topic to make your own point about a now-deleted thread typically considered good forum etiquette?

Say what now? You replied to me, I suppose to get that sick dig in, remember?

But I said locked threads, not deleted. If you’re so bored while you wait for your appeal to be heard, feel free to case through my posting history. I’ve got nothing to hide.

It was not wrong. It was what the staff here have been posting for nearly a year now. That post above with all the Blue quotes and links? That wasn’t my thoughts and words, that was our SFA’s. It’s still essentially what the Dev posted that I’m assuming you saw, unless you’re just posting in multiple threads because they admitted there was an error and some people were unjustly sanctioned.

Let’s break this down for clarity from the Dev post.

Okay, so data was collected. There was bug in the data.

The data is then looked over by their analysts. People. Still no automation here. HOWEVER, the data provided to the analysts was flawed. They made their judgments based on flawed data. Human error. Again, no automation.

All the reporting in the world, still wouldn’t be enough on it’s own to trigger a suspension. Still, no automation.

This part here? The only automation. And it’s a debuff. Either you start participating or you’re AFK’d out of the BG. Not a suspension.

And they repeat it again to drive it home. Still, no automation when it comes to the suspension.

9 Likes

I don’t think you understand what data analytics is.
While a computer may collect data, what data to collect and how that data is interpreted and the actual interpretation, is done by people.

There was no computer bug, there was a people bug and people discovered the error and people are correcting it.

8 Likes

This is not what the blue posts say. They don’t say “we had an issue with the interpretation of collected analytical data,” they say there was a bug in their analytics data. This is collected by a machine. Surely, humans professionally trained in reviewing data would notice an obvious error with the data. And yet they didn’t, and many bans went out that should not have.

You explanation is also totally different than the person above you, who has interpreted the same information in another favorable way.

I understand Blizzard says there is no automation in this process. I’m simply saying it’s interesting that the humans Blizzard says they are paying to review this data (and not administer bot-driven bans) did not notice this before banning a very large number of players erroneously.

1 Like

You have once again made a number of assumptions about me that are incorrect and are interpreting Blue posts incorrectly.

My reply to you was simply to let others know that despite what was written here, your explanation was incorrect.

1 Like

In what way, then? It’s not interpretation, it’s what they said. So how is it wrong, exactly?

2 Likes

I have explained this on the post I wrote above the reply to you.

I am truly not interested in arguing on the forum and will be ending our interaction here.

Yes, that is what they said. What should be understood though is we generally do not provide details on what may have happened. Referring to it as a bug is the easiest way to convey their meaning without otherwise confusing the issue.

I think that would be best for this thread overall.

19 Likes