I don't understand

I also am a victim of this 30 day banwave with no earthly idea why it happened. I put in an appeal already so no need to reference that.

I have played WoW since vanilla beta and have never had an account action against me. I am not going to reiterate everything that has been said but I genuinely am baffeled. I have been grinding AV/Bg’s like everyone else to grab some gear for my characters. I don’t troll or cuss out people…I play with my friends and we hang out on discord talking. Very harmless. I do see TONS of toxic people blabbering away, sitting in Drek’s room or starting cave the entire match and I report them if I notice it.

I will say I usually end up defending towers so I guess it could look like non-participation. But you go to X tower to defend until it caps, no one attacks it, head to Van’s room and when I am almost there, he is dead. So on paper it looks like I did nothing but in reality I was there, active and participating the entire time. This scenario doesn’t happen very often but occasionally it will. Not sure how to prove that other than my fellow guildmates were there with me and didn’t receive a punishment for it.

I am at a loss of how to play AV at this point. I guess make sure I go hit something or kamikazee into the enemy base? I really hope us innocent players get this over turned.

4 Likes

Folow the Group dont solo towers dont stand around in one spot thats empty simple as that and apeal.

3 Likes

You, 10000s of other people and myself. I leveled a DK to 70 and got full brutal and was hit with a ban wave this morning. I a ton of pp achievements etc. This has to be some sort of mess up in their program.
Ive had this account for 15 years and no previous run ins with the “Law”

1 Like

Give this a read…

2 Likes

Let’s see the data to back that up. Just looking at the vocal folks here on the forums, if it’s a hundred it would surprise me. Hyperbole serves no purpose at all.

The game changes and adapts with its players. Defending towers might not be how the team as a whole prefers the event to be run and it is a team event. If you don’t like how other players are going about it, you have the absolute right to report them for it. But note that it’s not just the reports that get someone sanctioned, a GM looks at the data over several BGs. If there is a decided pattern that isn’t measuring up? Then a sanction is applied.

If you believe your account action was in error then all you can do is appeal. That is why the system is there.

6 Likes

I know this, but hopefully the more people that come and report the issue, the more likely they are to see there were people that were incorrectly suspended. 30 days for this offense, especially when it is your first, is extremely overkill. I remember people getting a 72 hour ban and repeatable offenses were weeks until banned after a quite a few.

1 Like

But there wasting there time blizzard wont look at the forums Apeals are one and only way to get it resolved.

2 Likes

You are wasting time with that, no one here can do anything about it.

1 Like

Data will 100% back it up. I have full Brutal, And most achievements from all battle grounds. I played straight to gear the DK up. I wasnt defending. I was tanking Van and capping towers.

My request for data was your assumption that tens of thousands of people were caught up in this ban wave. Anything past that, I wouldn’t ask for because that is between you and Blizzard. I’ve got no dog in that race at all, but it is an issue to come in here with unsubstantiated falsehoods. That’s all.

I will, however, wish you and everyone else here affected good luck with your appeal. And to remind you all that you may appeal multiple times, up until you’re warned that no more appeals will be accepted upon threat of further account action.

3 Likes

I does seem very strange to me that with quest markers still active and towers still demanding defense that doing the quests or defending the towers will get you a suspension.

Because BGs are a team event. If you veer off in one match to do a quick quest, that’s one thing. If you do it for multiple matches and there is a pattern of behavior where you’re not contributing to the team as a whole, that’s when it gets dicey.

I’m going to paste here what our SFAs have said about the situation, as it has become more of an issue with greater regularity as time goes on. Mind you, this forum isn’t one for discussing practices like this. It’s to provide information and insight - not debate. I’m not saying which way to play is best or any of that - take that discussion to the general discussion forums where there are multiple threads up already.

8 Likes

I’m terribly sorry this happened to you. Lately it seems defending a contested bunker that you could lose to the enemy if you leave seems to be a heinous sin worth reporting players over. Honestly if people report players for sitting in a CONTESTED tower or bunker then the players who reported you for it should be the ones getting punished for it. We shouldn’t be forced to stay with the group just to avoid the risk of being reported AFK. We should be able to play the game how we want while also of course avoiding the obvious like AFKing in BGs.

Good luck convincing 39 other people you’re doing a quest. Its taken me several AV’s in a row to complete a single quest before. A lot of players feel forced to stay with the crowd just so they don’t get mass reported. It shouldn’t be like this.

1 Like

You are sure bent on me having any sort of thoughts or opinions on any of this whole muck.

I shared what Vrak and others have been repeating for a few months now. Obviously, it’s something quite a few people had no clue about. I didn’t make these new rules or even advocated for them in any fashion. I honestly have no feelings on them at all as I (a) don’t play classic but in passing and (b) surely don’t PvP there.

I have shared the Blue posts in hope that word gets out to prevent sanctions. I’m not sure how that is somehow sinister? But looking at your own posting history, nothing I or anyone else says will matter. Your mind is made up in how you believe things are or how they should be.

Now, in hopes the OP doesn’t get their thread locked as well, I would suggest you keep your thoughts and opinions to the GD threads. This forum isn’t one for discussion and debate, especially of sanctions. If you’d like to see changes made to how things are done, posting in any other public forum constructively will do the trick of getting your thoughts out to the masses and the staff who can do anything with it.

1 Like

Umm…

Yea…

You can stop replying to me now because clearly you and I see this differently and we’re getting nowhere.

And yet you still responded to me. And yes, my mind is made up on how I believe things should be. I’m also not alone in that thinking either.

The GD thread is where the developers and CMs will look for suggestions and feedback. They do NOT come to the Customer Support Forum for those at all. Also, any post in good standing may post here as it is a player assist player forum with blue moderation when and if needed.

1 Like

You left out the rest of it.

1 Like

Ok. Then kindly stop “discussing and debating” with me otherwise I will respond to you.

That works both ways.

11 Likes