I don't understand the black blood elf drama

Eyup.

Threads full of the same pearl-clutching, concern-trolling BS you see now.

2 Likes

Elves… the fae, also know as the fair folk. Considering where their myth comes from, it doesn’t make much sense with the chocolate blood elf I currently have on ptr. It’s in no way historically accurate and as long as people acknowledge that, I am fine with chocolate blood elves running around.

It’s very in to introduce people of African decent into old European heritage. They can do what they want but I would rather see more myths and heritage stories from Africa instead.

Most people don’t care. It’s more customization which is always a boon.

The loud minority crying about dark skinned elves are just being snowflakes.

Haven’t seen anybody bring this up in forever now. That’s how much everybody is fine with it so no need for bumping a thread like this.

that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re white. They’re descents from a fictional species. It could be anything.

Isn’t that what you’re doing right now?

Five months later dude, and you bring up this train wreck?

2 Likes

I keep being jebaited with necro threads. Blizzard should have already deleted this before it got rolling.

People necro these threads to instigate and spark more political flame wars on the forums.

They need to be perma banned, and these threads need to be locked after 3 months of inactivity.

2 Likes

Sunwell made ‘em tan

There you go

There was an asian and body positive high elf in the warcraft movie.

You think an Irish freckle face is gonna go chocolate from that? Again I am okay with it as long as everyone agrees there’s no basis for it in lore, history of the creatures or anything like that. I would NEVER force northern European looks on exotic myths. American’s fail to understand that many people in Europe have their ancestry all around them on the land they live, much like native Americans. Burial site from the bronze age just a short walk from my house. You’ll never hear “this native American myth adaptation needs more diversity representation.” For some reason there’s respect for their heritage but none for anywhere in Europe. Heritage waaay before anyone went to Africa except maybe the Arabs.

2 Likes

idk man I’m just spitballin but I agree

imagine being so weak, representation hurts you.

Imagine falling for a thread that’s been dead for five months.

I think everyone, on both sides, have moved on by now
Why bring this thread back?