I don't thin lk people understand the RAF issue

Most of those are similar in form to others, though having a skin that makes them different.

This is a singular item, there is not another thing like it in the game.

Lets hope this presages a change to that status.

1 Like

Blizz knows that most people recruit themselves. 200 is pretty steep. I actually feel for the rpers on this one

5 Likes

So asking that a game that charges a box fee, charges near full-price game for every expansion AND does a monthly fee would kindly refrain from putting unique, insanely good cosmetic rewards essentially behind a 3 figure microtransaction… is being greedy/entitled?

What if you didn’t get access to the next raid tier without paying $20? Would you be a greedy communist for taking issue with that? To some people, cosmetics are more important than raiding - as some people don’t raid.

3 Likes

You could use gold to pay for it.

1 Like

Actually, there’s been quite a few threads about this over the years. We’ve come up with all sorts of neat ideas for them. It is requested.

But this one singular one is not the end of the world. I’m sure they’ll add more.

You are not suppose to RAF yourself. You are suppose to invite friends. The goal of the program is to increase the number of new players to the game.

Yes, do the work - make and invite friends, get the reward. This is how ALL rewards programs work.

4 Likes

They know how many people RaF themselves.

2 Likes

It’s not a microtransaction. :roll_eyes:

This is a loyalty program. Like many others. And most started before those MMOs went free to play, so you can’t even use that excuse.

People need to stop twisting this whole thing.

8 Likes

Backpacks, quivers, libarms, etc. I’d love to see more of… But one thing that’s already in game but only for a select player are the warrior’s flail. I would like to see more flails. Let’s not forget the flails!

1 Like

Hi Lore. How’s it going?

People are upset that this is a “subscription” based game where all of the best cosmetics (certianly the unique ones) seem to go exclusively to the store.

Please stop using these shill “free stuff”/“everything handed to you” - completely nonsensical counter arguments.

Blizzard has objectively put a larger emphasis on the store in BFA than ever before. We have had at least one new mount per quarter, including 2 different 6-month lock-in promotions. We’ve exceeded the pace of store mounts of any other expac for their entire duration (in some cases doubled the rate).

So Blizzard needs to either pull the trigger on going F2P or knock it off.

No one wants to feel nickle-and-dimed on top of $15 a month.

5 Likes

It’s completely optional don’t buy it if it’s not worth it you lol

4 Likes

It’s a microtransaction that others pay for. At the end of the day, it’s still a microtransaction.

1 Like

There’s a difference between cosmetic items and access to actual progression content

3 Likes

Would I walk into a sporting goods section

Yell, “Stop selling all this junk I can’t afford it!”

Or would I move on with my life haha

Outrage culture for reals

7 Likes

RAF is not store stuff… it is a loyalty program. Invite new friends, get rewards. You don’t have to buy anything.

5 Likes

Subjective. And people are also under some assumption that this is going to be the only backpack in existence.

This is a loyalty program. Like many others before it.

And yet they’ve cut down on the number of things available…

They’re cosmetics, not unlockable in game content. One outfit, a handful of mounts, two toys out of hundreds and hundred you can earn in game. This isn’t the end of the world.

If you feel like this from two toys, a handful of mounts and pets and one backpack… that’s a you issue. Not a Blizz problem. There’s a crap ton of stuff in game to earn.

Except it’s not. At all.

5 Likes

I must have missed the way to earn this cosmetic reward that doesn’t require someone giving Blizzard upwards of $200. Can you please show me the non-microtransaction way of earning this one? Maybe through Archaeology?

One can farm pets, Vial of Sand, etc to earn enough gold to buy tokens. So someone can do the whole thing in game if they are not lazy and entitled.

1 Like

Gating long requested items (Backpack, Plane model, Adventurer/themed cosmetic mogs) behind a recruitment scheme seems poor taste to me. That’s not to suggest RAF can’t have rewards, but this just doesn’t really seem well thought out. Many of these should have been in game and RAF has historically mostly been for mounts and game time- and really for the 300% leveling which is now gone. It’s plain and simple that the average person really isn’t going to be able to recruit various friends for 12 months to get this stuff- hell, most people on here have friend groups largely in wow. And if they do have friends that have never played wow or are old veterans, it creates an unhealthy pressure to make them think the game is in better shape than it is so they’ll sub enough to fund your items for you. All around I think this RAF design is far less desirable than the old one and encourages more concerning behavior. That’s not even touching the fact that for a vast majority of people this is going to require a second account and subbing for a year. Just another poor choice in the series of poor choices by Blizzard that makes up BFA. Shooting themselves in the foot and burning opportunities for good will.

4 Likes