I don't thin lk people understand the RAF issue

Adding quivers, back packs, & accessories, to the game couldn’t hurt it, so sure add them.

Does the person you recruit also get the mounts/transmogs/etc.?

Because otherwise they’d have to recruit people themselves to get it, which does sound a little like a pyramid scheme.

1 Like

I’ll just quote my previous response to someone else who made this dubious claim.

1 Like

It only sounds like a pyramid scheme if you don’t understand what a pyramid scheme is.

4 Likes

Oh, no. I agree that it makes perfect sense from a marketing standpoint (though the RAF awards would help Classic player retention, possibly).

But I think you’re missing the point that there are a finite number of people in the world who give a toss about WoW, and most of them have either A) played the retail game in the past 2 years or B) resubbed just for Classic.

I have friends outside WoW, and I have determined that none of them want to play a 15 year old MMORPG-- except 1, and he already plays and has also tried and failed to convince our friends to play. Anecdotal, I know, but I can’t imagine there’s too many people willing to invest the amount of time and money WoW requires who haven’t already done so.

2 Likes

I do indeed understand the disappointment of having the only backpack locked behind what is really a monetary gate (you can argue that it isn’t because your friend is paying the money but . . .come on). I don’t like it, either.

Blizzard is clearly desperate for cash. The company has made a pretty long series of missteps and that, combined with a changing game market, has them sitting out there with really not much revenue coming in.

I guess I would say this: I would love to have that backpack. But what I know is that the thing certainly isn’t worth buying another subscription for months. And the game is not good enough to entice many new players to sign up. On top of that, I think financially rewarding Blizzard for anything but a well-designed game is probably bad for the game. So I shall remain pack-less.

2 Likes

[quote=“Spinster-farstriders, post:215, topic:301608, full:true”.

Blizzard is clearly desperate for cash. The company has made a pretty long series of missteps and that, combined with a changing game market, has them sitting out there with really not much revenue coming in.

[/quote]

Well projections have been leaked that they would be bankrupt by end of year. I guess this is a last ditch to revert the tide since they have zero profits coming in from WOW or any other games at this point.

1 Like

Nice source you have there.

2 Likes

No, that would actually have been stupid on their part. They knew they would get a bump from Classic, the RAF program is intended to get another - albeit obviously smaller - bump in subs.

3 Likes

I expect they will, over time. And I agree; why not?

1 Like

I don’t know what dark and smelly orifice those projections were pulled from, but I would certainly want to wash my hands after touching them.

5 Likes

Going to need some source otherwise this is pure bunk.

2 Likes

Well they aren’t as important, but you haven’t seen it because they don’t lock gear behind paywalls like that. If you had to drop 400,000 gold for the best staff for m+/raiding, there would be a huge uproar.

There are mounts in game that cost that much - like the mechagon one. Even some that cost 5 million gold like the Bruto. But because they aren’t actually stopping character progression, they can exist without riots. :slight_smile:

As for why people focus on mounts in the first place? Got me, I won’t do it - but yes, people do. If they are willing to do multi-year farming runs, or spend a ridiculous amount of gold, or whatever - that’s fine with me. Like I said before, I think this exists for the RAF stuff too, you just have to commit to making a massive amount of gold to do it. But it can be done.