I don't thin lk people understand the RAF issue

It’s a I want something free post.

1 Like

You could recruit someone…

Almost as stupid as those idiots crying about their PvP vendors?

Nah, it’s because of this OP. Look at her post history.

1 Like

I think you missed my main point. Cosmetic has some value, but nothing like gameplay. If you locked the best in slot items for progression behind a paywall, I’d be pissed.

And that is exactly what they do with Heartstone and I vowed never to play it again.

Removing an entire difficulty vs adding a cosmetic item for cash. They’re not the same thing. If you like it enough, you’ll buy it. If not, don’t.

Can we get recruit a friend for classic?

There’s no way I would ever dislike someone so bad that I convinced or tricked them into playing BFA.

2 Likes

Cosmetics are progression too. Not Character progression but progression in general. They are not as important as gearing up, but my question is then, why people often get more mad of over losing a mount then gear? Why they freak out when a mount drops, like it’s the coolest thing ever since sliced bread?

Not at all actually. You are the one defending the store here.

My point is - if Blizzard cared at all about enforcing “recruiting friends only” - they could at least make a half-#%@ attempt by making it be on new BNet accounts only. So let’s not pretend like they have no idea that RaF’ing yourslf can and will happen. They are not “encouraging” the behavior, they are certainly making 0 attempts to stop it either.

Every defense of the store always boils down to this. No one is holding a gun to your head to buy cosmetics. Just like they are not to playing the game. They are preying on your vanity - which is a common strategy for F2P games and feels particularly skeevy in a sub-based game.

Rofl, what?

Agian - this is ridiculous. If Blizzard truly wanted to “reward” players with that as their sole intent, they would offer it as a “loyalty” program where for 6 months (not necessarily continuous) you could get the mount. Or the promotion lasts longer than their droughts. But no, these are cleverly planned and timed to coincide with a known content drought so as to keep the income rolling in.

That is good business for them, but not good for players.

Please stop pretending like this is somehow being done “for the players”. That’s absurd.

Rofl, look up the word conspiracy.

Neither do you. All you have said is that “it’s optional” and not a tried half-heartedly to make the case that the “promotion” isn’t somehow a store item or micro-transaction. It is both.

Again back to the same lame excuse “it’s the player decision” … as if Blizzard has no responsibility for placing that choice in front of players in the first place.

So let’s just agree to disagree. You think I’m wrong and I think your wrong. Period.

Except it’s not. Loyalty programs reward existing customers as a way to maintain the customer relationship. The new RAF is closer to a pyramid scheme.

Which is exactly what this does. Play longer with friends, get free stuff.

:roll_eyes:

:woman_facepalming:t4:

Good lord, no it’s not.

2 Likes

I can understand why people would be upset about the recruit a friend being the only method to have access to a backpack transmog.

You’re being deliberately obtuse. I don’t know why I bother responding to you.

Youll get over it.

The 2 are vastly different. In a pyramid scheme, you need to recruit people who in turn recruit more people for it to work. For the RaF program, I can recruit 1 player who stays for a year to get the full rewards.

I also don’t think I would get credit if my recruit finds someone else to play since that would go towards his reward credits.

1 Like

I can’t tell if you’re just not understanding me or choosing to argue in bad faith, but there’s a whole lot of words you’re stuffing into my mouth apparently to then try to knockdown those stuffed words instead of what I actually said.

Please quote where I defended the store. This may prove challenging since I have, on several occasions now, pointed out I dislike the game shop.

Also, what does the store have to do with RAF rewards anyway?

Please quote where I have stated that Blizzard has no idea that people exploit the RAF program and just pay for all of it out of their own pockets.

You are right though, they’re not encouraging the behavior, but they are permitting it. But again, have some damn personal responsibility and either accept what you’re willing to pay for some cosmetic items or recruit some actual friends.

As a reminder, until you can provide a quote from me proving otherwise, I’m not defending the store.

I have no illusions about how marketing works, but complaining that someone “must” shell out $150 for RAF rewards when they have methods to avoid this cost is patently absurd.

Effectively you keep insisting that you want Blizzard to have a parent-child relationship with its customers as opposed to a service provider-customer relationship. Both have their pitfalls for sure, but I’d rather the latter since I’m a human being capable of rational thought and no longer a toddler that needs to be coddled and protected.

What do you think a loyalty program is? Paying for a 6 month sub and getting something for free in return is literally a loyalty reward.

You keep arguing about the rationale behind offering these deals but that doesn’t change what these deals are. It doesn’t matter when they do them, they are attempts to retain subscription business by giving people a reward for committing to 6 months of monthly subscription.

Incidentally, do you have any examples of a loyalty program that rewards you for 6 non-contiguous months of paying for a subscription?

Please quote where I have stated this is being done “for the players”. Since I fist brought this up, I’ve consistently explained that this is about revenue retention.

That said, what’s bad for a player about getting a mount for free if you sub for a 6 month period?

Sure, I have better things to do with my time and you seem increasingly less interested in having a reasonable discussion.

1 Like

Blizz should just collect all the RAF whiners and complainers here and ban them from the program. No more mictoransactions possible for dolly dress ups. Problem solved.

“Can we get back items that aren’t cloaks? Or… cloaks that aren’t just capes?”

“Nope, sorry. Doesn’t work with the engine. Only back-napkins allowed.
Unless you’re paying us extra, that is.

Also, LOL @ at the people who say that RAF was meant to reel people in. It was meant to catch whales who would spend their own money to RAF themselves, otherwise they’d have released the program before Classic came out.

They knew Classic was going to draw people in. Anyone who wanted to come back for it already has, making them ineligible for the RAF program. Anyone else who wanted to play WoW has already played it within the past 2 years. All that’s left is scraping the bottom of the barrel for people who have no interest in World of Warcraft to try and lure them into it like we’re selling Avon products or tupperware.

1 Like

Meh. Unless they buff the xp back up to where it used to be before the xp nerfs would never use raf now anyways.

No, I’m being deliberately blunt. You’re being deliberately dramatic and using buzz words that you don’t even understand.

This isn’t anywhere near a pyramid scheme, as has been explained to you. But since you are wrong and cannot argue further, you’ll simply insult instead.

You literally recruit one person and get free stuff. Or you recruit more than on and still get free stuff. That’s it. That’s all.

Nor do I if you’re just going to insult me anyway. So let’s put a stop to that.