I don't pay to play a Layered MMORPG

I strongly dislike Phasing/Sharding in Retail and I loathe this “Layering” version of the same technology that’s been plaguing Classic.

I logged in today to find that the servers now are separated not only by region but actually show whether they’re Layered or not. To me, this is a very bad sign. All of WoW’s long-term and most seasoned veterans do not want a Layered MMO experience, I am sure of this.

That said, most people who want to be playing Classic already are, and are more than likely on a server that’s Layered. Now, if you’re just joining the game and you want to avoid this technology like the plague (like many others who seemingly cannot escape it) you will choose a server that’s not Layered.

So what does this mean? Before Phase 2, are the people who want to get away from Layering, supposed to pay to transfer to another server? And does showing “Layering” on the server list spell out that this thing may stick around?

If Layering is here to stay I think everyone who wants away from it should be given free transfers to non-Layered servers. I mean, why not? This thing has been the bane of my experience playing–now for years! And in the one place I thought it wouldn’t affect me, it is–incredibly so!

4 Likes

So have you just not listened to what any blizzard employee has said since launch?

50 Likes

I know what they said, I am just beginning to doubt that it’ll ever go away. It’s utilized so heavily in Retail, it’s so bad that it’s one of the many reasons I don’t play it anymore.

The fact that you can choose between layered and non layered is proof that it is going away, this post was pointless

39 Likes

Then get out of my thread, you’re done here.

This is a true undersight you point out… why would they go out of their way to make a layered section if they don’t intend to keep it. Sounds like to me the bigger servers are going to be with layers longer than projected by blizzard just from the cookie trail blizzard is leaving. I expect an announcement about it in the weeks to come

4 Likes

You’re a little late to the party, but there is literally a stickied blue post expressing which servers have already had layers removed, and their progress on the remainder.

Please go read it and delete this thread, it’s pointless.

16 Likes

Then wait till phase two, use the money you save to buy some tissues

9 Likes

People around here report on stuff like they work for Blizzard or moderate the forums. Do you think I’m going to delete the thread because you told me to? Thank you for the response.

Then wait till phase two, use the money you save to buy some tissues

I will, and if Layering is gone they will be tears of joy.

ftw log onto classic and see “layered” on nearly every server… Glad i was gifted game time this month feel bad for mate that brought me it. After the month is up im done, layering ,sharding ect is bad im not paying for bad servers.

No, I told you to delete your thread because I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you had one iota of brain power, to understand that you should read the existing thread on this topic before soliciting your uneducated opinions in this meaningless duplicate.

7 Likes

Don’t want layers, don’t want DM, but want time gated stuff. Never happy

OP doesn’t read or understand blue posts, gets upset when other people point out that blue posts have already answered or explained everything he created this thread for :frowning:

15 Likes

You can’t fix stupid.

6 Likes

I skimmed some of the hotfix/patch notes, but I really just came here to express my animosity for Layering/Phasing/Sharding. Free speech, that’s what it is. Do I care if you have a problem with that? No I do not. I also don’t care about the Blue post you referred to.

You never had to open the thread to begin with, let alone reply-- that’s the beauty of it.

I feel like we need to start a “go back to pserver” meme… this :poop: is so old it’s decayed back into mother earth and shamans are using it to construct totems.

1 Like

You don’t pay to play Classic in the first place. You pay for a subscription for retail, which gives you the free bonus of having access to Classic servers.

3 Likes

You have freedom of speech. We have freedom of thought to infer that you are an ignoramus who can’t read and isn’t here to incite meaningful discussion, but to have a whinge.

Good job. Feel proud about how you are utilising that freedom of speech.

5 Likes

Ummmm, ok.

Because if people transfer to non-layered servers (that exist to thin out the population) then the new servers will be re-layered because, surprise surprise, the population has increased!

The critical thinking is strong in this one.

2 Likes

You think the entire populace of one server will migrate to the same non-Layered server, is that what you’re suggesting?

Let’s examine your logic. When people on a Full server transfer to a lower population server, you think everyone goes to the same server when they transfer? I’m impressed with your critical thinking.