I don't know if the devs read this but

As someone who has had the WORST RNG since original Wrath I am asking the devs to please reconsider the way RNG is calculated. It is really frustrating to always be the last healer expansion after expansion to get their heal/dps/tank trinkets and weapons.

I know the popular opinion is to join a guild that deals out gear MS +1 but the fact is that if I’m rolling 5s and 3s against my counterparts every raid, then MS +1 means nothing to me. OK so I can join a guild who runs DKP but the fact is, if I join one now, I’ll never have enough DKP points until the end of the xpac, leaving me, as usual, to be the last to get my trinkets and weapons. I suppose I could join a guild that runs loot council, but again, as the new person in the guild and not being a part of the in crowd that will be getting all of the gear first, this again leaves me out in the cold. Then of course is the ridiculous argument that gold sellers far and wide love, which would be to farm gold for a month and then get scammed by someone who is converting in-game currency to USD bidding up the cost of the items that I need. I’m assuming this wont be accomplished in one run because guaranteed drops never happens, and of course, since my RNG has been dialed to negative worse than is possible, I’ll be stuck in 5 to 10 GDKP runs… which means again, getting my trinkets at the very end of the xpac.

I’m at the point where player “skill” is so gated that I feel like my monthly subscription just isn’t worth paying. Honestly, if Blizzard is going to continue to punish me with crap for whatever reason they chose, I quit. It’s NOT fun to always be on the losing end.

2 Likes

If you joined that guild back in wrath you’d be apart of the in crowd today. So join a guild today and get ready for MOP.

Although, a guild shouldn’t be a means to an end to get loot, it should be an experience you share with other people <3

1 Like

That’s the problem. I responded to a zillion (ok that’s over reaching) guilds on our server discord. Not one of will speak to me. What’s really crazy is if any one of them looked beyond the gray, green and blue logs they would see that #1 my gear is piecemeal and I don’t have a single BiS and #2 I’m doing exactly the same thing the top parsers are doing but our numbers are vastly different based on my gear. Even our stats are the same but there’s no possible way for me to reach the same numbers.

Don’t know if transferring is an option for you, but you can stop by the Bloodsail Buccaneers Discord. Felhounds Rest is looking for a couple more core raiders coming into Firelands. We use MS>OS+1, and you get 1 weekly 200 (SR) or soft reserve roll, which ignores +1s but will +1 you when used. We currently raid every Tuesday (Mon & Tue during progress) from 9p-12a, and if we miss Tuesday we make it up the following Monday at the same time. We’re currently clearing all 25p content on normal every week. Many of our raiders are fully geared, so you’d be like a sponge. Low parses aren’t that big an issue, our group understands that folks typically improve with practice and gear.

3 Likes

And why do you think that is?

1 Like

I think that this is because recruiters don’t actually review what’s in the logs, they only look at the colors of what’s shown on the outside. The good news is after reviewing our logs with our raid leader, she has agreed to work with me on the real issue, which is, having seven healers and more than 1 Disc Priest is counter productive. The raid is not benefiting and needs another dps.

EDIT> Getting back on topic, I’d like to see RNG be reset. By now I think we all know that although RNG seems random, it’s not. There are set parameters that should be reset each patch.

2 Likes

Find a guild that runs EPGP, your attendance (EP) to gear (GP) is how your ratio is calculated making your presence late irrelevant, also there is a decay every week, so either way everyone gets a fair go at gear.

1 Like

EPGP is for dog noob guilds

2 Likes

Just curious - what do you think is better?

It's fine, nothing's broken.

RNG is fine, the fact that you think you’re unlucky is either in your head or done to you by other players. You rolling <10 has nothing to do with Blizzards RNG because others roll >90, BiS items still drop, just because you see yourself in a perpetual string of bad luck doesn’t mean anything.

You're not special, do GDKP's.

Blizzard isn’t out to get you, you’re not special, if you really want to get the items you want without the RNG (other than the item needing to drop) then yes you should be joining GDKP’s. They’re by far the most fair form of loot sytem Classic has, if you don’t want to continue paying for your sub then buy tokens after you’ve done your GDKP. I haven’t payed for my sub since the token came to Classic in WotLK. You have too much of a cynical outlook on what might happen that you refuse to even attempt it, join a GDKP, make some gold and if something that you need drops buy it and if not well then at least you have more gold for your next GDKP run.

That’s what good about GDKP’s even if your loot doesn’t drop you still get something out of it.

Guild advice

I don’t know your guild situation but if you’re having issues with how loot is being handled then you should at the very least talk to the officers/guild leader about it. Don’t just let it build and build then you explode at them for what they’d consider not a big deal, if they’re not completly transparant with why X piece is going to Y person over Z person then you need to bring that up with them.

You’ve not described what kind of raids you’re doing or if you’re even in a guild but again if you’re always last on weapons and trinkets, arguably the most important pieces for most classes then you should find out why.

Wait on your servers Discord? So you haven’t tried at all in-game? Why not? Just message someone in-game and ask if they’re looking for potential raiders.

I'll just quote my opinions on each loot system

@title; dont worry they dont

I like EPGP as long as there is decent decay and certain items HRed.
Loot Council is super hit or miss, can be really smooth and beneficial or very toxic.
Loot Reserve/HR/BiS List combos are usually somewhat ok but tend to be frustrating for some.

I personally don’t care as long as it’s not a corrupt Loot Council. Everything else works out in the end for me personally.

As far as looking for a guild just be patient, work on being a gg player and get into as many pug raids and dungeons as you can. Let your play and behavior be your interview and see what folks you mesh well with. We got at least 6 weeks till the next raid release.

Nah, I have the the title of “worst luck in the game” currently, but I will happily take on challengers such as yourself.

=D

1 Like

The only thing Aggrend reads is the microwave instructions on his hot pockets.

ya the random loot is bad for 10 man thats why i go 25 gdkp so much easyer to get loot use to do the hole guild thing in other xpack just easyer now