I dont get the outcry about no more customization

I really don’t.

Did i have fun customizing my Tauren in the pre patch? Yup. For about 5 minutes. Have i seen or noticed any of that customization since? Nope. Cause i wear armor that covers it up. Have i noticed anyone else’s customization? Again, nope.

I’m willing to bet that Blizzards metrics show that 99% of players literally dont care about it. They spent 5 minutes, if that, customizing their character, and then immediately covered up everything with armor and promptly forgot about that flower in their hair.

Why spend time on something that literally doesn’t matter for most players?

17 Likes

1 - A lot of people LOVE customization. There are games that make customization their entire monetization system and it works.

2 - They said they would keep doing it throughout the expansion, and now they said they won’t. People generally don’t like it when other people go back on their word in a negative way.

80 Likes

People keep saying this, but im pretty sure they said “the future”. Not “this expansion”.

3 Likes

I don’t care myself. I love the stuff that came, and was unaware that they actually said more would come in the expansion.
I am surprised to hear that actually.

But either way, it makes no difference to me at all.
I am like you.
I love it, but I am not someone who spends hours a week changing my character.
Once I pick it, that’s it for the rest of time, basically.

There are way more important issues to tackle in my eyes, but I do think they should be looking at more customization for allied races for sure.

Past that, I hope they are spending their time making the new tier sets as good as they can be.
That is something that needs to be perfect, after how much time away from the concept we have had.

5 Likes

Oof, Mortis… you took the obvious troll bait. Ursidae knows there is outrage because people care about it, he’s simply looking for responses.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, what?

Character customization is huge for every game. And some races got NOTHING in customization.

Three year old races are still sitting on four skin tones that look almost exactly the same and three hair colors. Nightborne don’t even look like Noghtborne. Some of the older races barely got anything, compared to humans who got a boatload.

Your assumption is so far off and incorrect that I don’t even have words for this.

14 Likes

I would be willing to bet otherwise. I would love to know how many race changes were purchased after the last batch of customization. I would say from a purely business perspective, I am surprised they aren’t adding more in Shadowlands just for the money it would generate.

1 Like

People care about customization they can see. Like their transmog sets. People dont care about a necklace that you literally cant see unless your character runs around naked.

3 Likes

Wasn’t this basically handled during beta testing and ultimately on release of SL? It seems like the kind of thing to do during a transition period, otherwise why wait until half way through an expansion. I would prefer having a working game as apposed to new hairstyles - much more enjoyable for $15/month.

blizzard cannot win. if they give a specific deadline and then miss it by 15 seconds, they’re in trouble. if they’re vague, everyone imposes their own meaning.

4 Likes

This is so much troll bait I’m not even going to bother taking it.

Stop being so ridiculous. Also, you’re a tauren.

Ask some of your male Nightborne main friends how they feel about no more customization.

5 Likes

The artists that make character customization don’t make the parts of the game that make it stop working. They don’t balance classes or bosses, they don’t make conduits or soulbinds, etc.

5 Likes

Elves think other players are zooming in on their tiny models to see their new hair color.

3 Likes

I don’t know if that’s true, cosmetics are really popular, just take a look at transmogs for instance. WoW’s customizations are extremely lacking, they spent a huge chunk upgrading the customization options allowing stuff like hair switch between models, new layers for scars, splitting beard, sideburns and mustaches and re-adding them as different layers only to just… Abandon it, randomly.

Customizing your character is a huge part of an RPG and WoW is already struggling to maintain the RPG in the MMORPG.

i play zoomed out far enough that i can’t see much detail. if i could zoom out even further, i would.

1 Like

Sorry, sir. I can see what characters looks like. This was a nonsensical statement.

Wrong. Necklace isn’t covered by gear. Poor attempt.

This is an RPG with RP realms and people who enjoy all of the things they can creatively customize on their characters.

And if you think this whole thing is about a piece of jewelry, then you’re just being willfully obtuse.

Two entirely different teams. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s a nice thing that should be there. Like pets and archeology, they should be there. They give the game depth and when blizzard does something like have a year long content drought it’s good that these things are there.

But I don’t get customization’s either.

There’s just some very dedicated RP’s that are here for the RP and not the game and it’s incredibly important to them. Don’t think there’s a lot of them, just looking at the RP to normal server ratio hints at that. But they are probably a very close nit self reinforcing community that’s come to the conclusion that the entire player base is here for the mogs and pretend time.

1 Like

It’s fairly insulting after playing a couple of other RPGs to see the state WoW is in. With the ability to hide everything but pants, the physical look of your character is very important. So to basically be told “screw you” by Blizzard, it doesn’t feel great. I’d have to find the actual quote, but I could’ve sworn they said allied races would come later in Shadowlands for their customization time. And it was a widely popular part of the announcement for Shadowlands only for it to be abandoned.

Eh, Blizzconline was a glorious waste of time and energy. They honestly shouldn’t have even bothered, very few games had anything. And splitting the QnA session between Classic and Live was a mistake, especially when their layer segment was “The Evolution of Thrall.” It was a pretty lackluster time for WoW.

8 Likes

Not to challenge you, or say that it is not “out there” but could you provide a link where they explicitly say that further character customization will be a continuing part of SL throughout the run of the expansion? I don’t think I have ever seen this specifically called out, and it should be on record before the launch of the expansion.

I may be (obviously) be out of the loop on this, just want some clarification beyond the forums.

Guys, Ursidae is trolling pretty hard here. Any point you’re trying to make he already knows, he’s just trying to get reactions.

Put simply, quit trying to talk to a brick.