I don't agree with the Community Council structure and I opted to not read people with golden texts

So most players aren’t addicted to the WoW forums. That’s not necessarily a bad thing.

I can quit whenever I want. Leave me alone!

You need to learn to separate these forums from reality.

As per my personal taste, that’s how I like it. Going on journeys

Like take Dragon age origins example. Going to different parts of the lands…solving problems for different factions to make them join our cause.

That felt very epic, adventurous.

Lore wise, I learnt about different factions, their history, Lore and problems.

In TBC…take example of cipher of damnation. That quest is so epic. You learn so much lore during that quest chain

Denial is the first step in your journey.

1 Like

like lfr and normal you mean?.

the 1% forum died when ghostcrawler left and came back as a husk that the devs ignored.

when gc forums were alive (mop) classes were the most enjoyable to play of all time. I fail to see how a pet collector or mount farmer could give the same input a class community could.

1 Like

How’s that manifesto coming along?

They’re just regular players with color icon. Some probably hand picked and others randomly depending on their merit on the forums. Their opinion is good as ours so don’t worry about it.

I feel the same way.

I have no desire to read the Community Council section. It feels like a separate blog section of hand picked Blizzard servants, since “the common rabble” is not seen as consequential enough by Blizzard to interact there.

I feel like if anything important or interesting is discussed by Blizzard’s hand picked Community Council, it will spill over and be brought up by the actual community in General Discussion or the Story Forum.

I don’t ignore gold posters. But I do ignore the Community Council section. If the gold posters deign to communicate with the rabble in GD or the Story Forum - where we can actually communicate back - then I will give them the due respect I would give any other poster.

4 Likes

Even if they are in CC I tend not to view their opinions since they hardly even answer my questions so in turn I don’t listen to them. Nevertheless,they are part of the community so,that is that.

It would be nice if levelling felt like less like a dead timesink gating access to the actual game. Static questing is nice once, but it doesn’t have a lot of replay value. One of the nice things for me that the mission table brought to levelling was follower unlocks that made it feel like endgame progress on this parallel little system was being made on each character while levelling, I’ve really noticed how much this helped when Shadowlands removed it, putting the mission table to purely max level content, gated behind a currency grind that itself doesn’t really start until max level.

well I am not going in there to read without being able to comment - seems like it would be annoying

2 Likes

But you can comment, just open a thread and link the CC discussion.

Half of them have no business being on the council tbh, several of them make some seriously questionable arguments. While others have been using it as a way to harass others and push changes for things on arguments based on forum activity.

It needs to be redone.

5 Likes

They’re not supposed to. If I’m remembering correctly, Blizz stated that they did want players with different interests applying to the CC. They didn’t want it to just be a bunch of ‘hardcore’ players in there only talking about high-end aspects of the game, because that’s not representative of the playerbase as a whole.

1 Like

yes, i was referring to the comment about how the game hasn’t improved under the “secret 1% forum” but the one that came back was full of influencers and the feedback was ignored anyway.

the actual secret forums with GC made the game significantly better and resulted in the best feeling classes/specs of all time.

like i said i’m glad the gc exists so everyone can get their 2 cents in but there is a severe lack of representation from people who raid high level.

1 Like

I think it was a good way to filter out all the stupidity of GD while still getting feedback from a variety of active players for a variety of content.

I don’t typically check out the Community Council forums but I don’t specifically not read golden text posts on GD.

From the outside it looks pretty lackluster in general. No way of knowing if it will have any real impact until a year or two from now, possibly more. The responses from Blizzard, most of the time, are just responses to problems they are already fixing.

Was hoping for more, such as discussions with the devs, but it seems to be more of the same. Just seems like a way to exclude the majority of the forum/playerbase from responding to CC threads directly so it’s a much smaller group having discussions.

1 Like

Depends on the posting.

But I am largely fusterated with them atm for not rebutting the one that keeps trying to get void paladins despite the lore for paladins do not support it.

And no, twilight paladins do not use void.

1 Like

Got link for that thread ?